A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,542
Currently Running With Scissors:
622 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 157
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frugal Living Swap (SIGNUP CLOSED; MAIL BY 2/6/2010)  (Read 92260 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1410 on: January 29, 2010 02:59:09 PM »

OK, this is a new one for me.  My face is bleeding!  I got cut by ice in the wind!  It sliced me just above where my scarf covers.  So weird!  The wind is BLOWING the snow and pieces of sharp ice. 

Watch the Weather Channel.  When you see Adam Berg reporting from Blytheville, AR, that's us.  Or, go to http://www.weather.com, click to watch the video labelled "Live:  Sleet, snow, ice."
They are set up on the access road by a cotton field at the exit 67 ramp off of I55 by the Walmart a little less than 2 miles from me.  Cracks me up to no end that we are national news.  LOLOLOL

When we look outside, all we see is WHITE.  Very narrow visibility.  I wonder if this is what blizzard snow looks like for the people up north?  It's thick like a heavy thunderstorm's rain, and it's blowing sideways in the wind.  Weird.  I bet people in places like MT and Alberta are laughing at us, but this is just plain weird for this part of the country.

It took over 30 minutes to get my car usable.  It was encased in a layer of ice like the candy shell of an M&M.  Ugh!

I had to cut my errand running short and pick up my son from his playdate early because it was becoming too dangerous to drive because of the low visibility. 

My mom said she saw our mayor on the national news.  I told her, "Mama, Barrett's gonna get his face on the news as much as he can, now, because he just announced a Senate run."  LOLOL

Hope we keep power overnight.  Questionable. 

We are Southerners!  We're not supposed to have winter weather like this!  LOLOL  We are definitely winter wimps. 

It's pretty to watch from the window, but it sucks to be outside in it.  Freakin stings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1411 on: January 29, 2010 03:19:22 PM »

Hello lovely ladies!  Smiley  I'd just like to give a gentle reminder to everyone to try to stay on topic here.  I know we're a chatty bunch and there's a lot that falls under the heading of 'frugal' and 'crafting', but I know people are having a bit of a time at keeping up with just the frugal crafting discussion.

Thank you so much and I am so excited to see more awesome packages!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tero

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

« Reply #1412 on: January 29, 2010 07:50:20 PM »

Oh so happy, have spent the evening making goodies for my partner. Smiley BUUUUUTTTT, every time I brought out a new batch of ________ to let my husband see, he would take it and say..."Oh wow, I would like to use some of that" LOL
So back to the beginning....LOL and make some more for hubby.

Finally on the last batch of ___________ I just made enough for my partner, us and then a few extras for gifts. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
donniesgirl
« Reply #1413 on: January 29, 2010 08:52:25 PM »

Just checking in!  I'm hoping to finish this weekend, but I'm kind of split on what I'm doing for the medium...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lady4feet
« Reply #1414 on: January 29, 2010 08:54:08 PM »

Alright, ladies, question for you.

My brother's birthday is coming up (22), and I need ideas for a frugal gift. He's a musician who plays drums like a madman, plays guitar, and to top it all off, produces other bands. He's starting a new job as a dispatcher for the sherriff's department. He's got feet the size of Canada. He's the type of guy who's particular about his clothes 80% of the time. He's getting married in May. Since he can't cook to save his life, I was going to go with at least one food item, but I'd like to make a little something else to go with it. Any ideas? (BTW, I've exhausted the hat option, unfortunately).

*Sits back and waits eagerly for frugal gems*

For a food craft, if you live close to him maybe some freezer meals. You make it and freeze then deliver to him. I wanted to do this for my lifelong bachlor of a brother but we live 3 states away from each other. The frugality, for you, of this depends on whats on sale in your area but who are we kidding he doesn't know if that meal equates to a buy one get one.

A band/music themed organizer. You could buy a cheap one and modify it for him.

Swap update. Crafting wise I'm done but I want to gather some other things and print some stuff out. Should be sending on time with no problem.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kitten Wrangler
Somewhere, somehow, Connex is to blame

« Reply #1415 on: January 30, 2010 06:54:47 AM »

I have gotten a start on my items.... this is good. Hopefully they'll be done by Friday. They'd better be - I've got a bleeding wedding to attend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I should die of smallpox
Put my remains in my snuff box
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1416 on: January 30, 2010 09:32:52 AM »

They'd better be - I've got a bleeding wedding to attend.

ha, that's how I feel about attending weddings.

I got quite a bit done last night! I finished a set of 3 tiny things and finished another small, and started another something. And found something in my stash that I wanted to send. I'm making soap monday and oven processing it to cut down on the cure time since I'm cutting it close. Hopefully I won't be freaking out when the deadline looms!  Grin  (yeah right!)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010 09:33:34 AM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 5/21

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
pantsafari
« Reply #1417 on: January 30, 2010 10:22:02 AM »

Well, Thankfully I have nothing going on this weekend (like all the weddings/parties/other nonsense that Ive had to deal with the last few weekends) So I'm dedicating today to crafting for this swap. I currently only have one small done! All of the pictures up in the gallery are making me a little anxious! But have also given me some great ideas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The never ending quest for pants continues...
pops

this kittens' nose demands kisses...

« Reply #1418 on: January 30, 2010 01:02:52 PM »

well dh is upstairs finishing the accounts so as of monday morning i will be happily crafting away my days for the lovely holistic knitter! ^_^

i have a small and a medium to finish and some tender loving care to lavish in the process, and will be ready to send!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1419 on: January 30, 2010 06:13:29 PM »

Well, my sewing is finished, whether I am ready or not.

My kiddo asked me what 'that button' did. I told him, 'Terrible things, terrible things'.

Just to prove my point, I switched it. The feed dogs dropped and refuse to come back up. Undecided The arm that props the feed dogs into the upright position has slipped out of its bracket. I can see the problem, I just have not been able to reach it yet.

Better yet? No one in the area fixes sewing machines anymore.  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 157 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Apply False Eyelashes
How to Make Homemade Fruit Popsicles
How to Make Homemade Smoothies
Lauryn: How to Make the Perfect Tortillas
See Why Salsa Is Perfect For Any Meal
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...