A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,507
Currently Running With Scissors:
345 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 157
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frugal Living Swap (SIGNUP CLOSED; MAIL BY 2/6/2010)  (Read 96578 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bethiej78

pool on the roof must have a leak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1400 on: January 28, 2010 12:08:56 PM »

hello!  just stopping in to say i'm alive and still crafting away madly!  haven't been able to do anything for a few days because i've been working late, but i'm hopeful to finish up this weekend and mail before sendout next week.  hopeful!   Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

side note, if any of you craftsters out there are also weight watchers members, check out my WW Blog!
Tero
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1401 on: January 28, 2010 02:33:00 PM »

FINALLY feeling well enough to craft with out feeling like I am sharing the germs that have been kickin' my butt for a bloody week now.  Undecided
Really happy with what I have been doing today Smiley
So it will be a mad crafting weekend for me to catch up on the four swaps that I am in. eeeppp!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
Kaissa
« Reply #1402 on: January 28, 2010 07:38:54 PM »

I'm almost done!! Should be able to finish up this weekend and send Monday! 6 days of no power set me back - I was hoping to have my package sent by now! But that's ok, because in the extra time I came up with a fun idea of something I wanted to do!

Good luck to those of you expecting snow and ice!! It must be my storm coming your way!! We got 80 inches last week! yikes. They actually declared our county in a state of emergency. And everyone got snow days for a whole week - except me - where I work was the only business in town open! gah! the luck .....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Avabrowneyes

Genius is like lightning--it comes and it goes.

View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: January 28, 2010 08:06:48 PM »

Alright, ladies, question for you.

My brother's birthday is coming up (22), and I need ideas for a frugal gift. He's a musician who plays drums like a madman, plays guitar, and to top it all off, produces other bands. He's starting a new job as a dispatcher for the sherriff's department. He's got feet the size of Canada. He's the type of guy who's particular about his clothes 80% of the time. He's getting married in May. Since he can't cook to save his life, I was going to go with at least one food item, but I'd like to make a little something else to go with it. Any ideas? (BTW, I've exhausted the hat option, unfortunately).

*Sits back and waits eagerly for frugal gems*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1404 on: January 28, 2010 10:30:52 PM »

lol at "feet the size of Canada!"  Maybe some recipes that even he couldn't mess up? Maybe you could find a copy of 5 Ingredient Meals?

I got another small item done today and want to make another two to complete a set, and then I think I am going to work on something tonight so it has time to dry. My fragrance oils came in the mail so I can soap soon...I was going to do it tomorrow but my sil's coming over with my nephews and I don't like to soap when they're around, we might knock out a couple batches during their nap....hmmmm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
Tanza
Angel in the making....

« Reply #1405 on: January 29, 2010 12:25:28 AM »

what about muffin/cake or biscuit mixes in a jar.
coffee cup cozy with cup and beverage of choice for work.
I like the recipe book idea, that's a good one.
some towels with his inital or an applique on it.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
Tero

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

« Reply #1406 on: January 29, 2010 03:27:58 AM »

A hip bag to carry his drum sticks in
A guitar strap
Some premade cards for him to give to others...(guys usually dig this as they hate doing the card thing)
you could make them out of old sheet music.
I like the the cook book idea too. You could even jazz it up with old sheet music and then give him a cooked item from it. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
MissCrafty29
« Reply #1407 on: January 29, 2010 06:46:00 AM »

Just popping in to say hi and that crafting is scarce around here, right now! Well, swap crafting anyways...LOL!! I was preparing for my little one's birthday this weekend and of course, I insisted on doing EVERYTHING homemade!! Man, that takes a lot of time and work, but so worth is in the end Smiley Definitely makes for a frugal party, as I used only materials I already have. I even made her party dress from t-shirts!! Frugal and green Smiley YAY ME  Tongue All that I have left to do today, is clean and make food! Hope everyone is having a crafting good time Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All about the homemade!
Jenna_Gayle
« Reply #1408 on: January 29, 2010 07:09:27 AM »

I like the recipe book with a made dish to go along and the guitar strap idea!!

I've got one set of _______ done... which I guess is bordering on the edge of a large considering how many of them I did and a smallish/medium/something set of _____!  I just got a great idea for the weekend... on top of all the other great ideas I've got!! (I hope my partner doesn't mind having a lot of different things made out of the same medium... it's one of the few crafts she doesn't do!)  I'm feeling a trip to the craft store coming on this afternoon.... I got a little unexpected extra on the ole paycheck and my stash of ______ is almost nonexistent (but I like it that way... just buy what you need for the moment).  Maybe they'll have it in the colors and style that will match smittenheart!    Grin  I think I may need to ship in a refrigerator box... wonder how much that would cost?!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live neither in the past nor in the future, but let each day's work absorb your entire energies, and satisfy your widest ambition. ~Sir William Osler
Disco Queen Highness
« Reply #1409 on: January 29, 2010 08:21:32 AM »

Avabrowneyes, my hubby and my daughter are both drummers.  We've got drum sticks everywhere, so I'd suggest a drumstick bag.  They can be very simple or very elaborate.  Look online to get some ideas.  A great cookbook possibility that he may enjoy is "A Man, A Can, A Plan."  There's a whole line of them and I always see them at my local used bookstore.  Good luck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd love to do a personal swap for this knit Death Flake hat

Wists
Etsy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 157 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Piecing Together the Story of Unclaimed Riches
To Frack or Not To Frack: Russell Gold
The Sound by Sarah Alderson
The Science of What Makes Things Funny
This Side of Salvation by Jeri Smith-Ready
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...