A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 304,868
Currently Running With Scissors:
416 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 157
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frugal Living Swap (SIGNUP CLOSED; MAIL BY 2/6/2010)  (Read 98544 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BabyCakes8510

*Sparkly like a holiday*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1260 on: January 19, 2010 11:23:26 AM »

I am hoping to send by friday. This is such fun!

A little soapy tip too is if you use foam soap dispensers it makes your liquid soap last tons longer! I do a 3 tablespoon liquid soap to 3/4 c water recipe for a small Dial soap dispenser. I bought a big refill and it took me THREE YEARS to use the whole 1 qrt jug! I bet body wash would work in there too. Sometimes in the kitchen I use dishsoap in that dispenser.

Tips for unused Bath and Body lotion? THats what I have a ton of.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

emerri
« Reply #1261 on: January 19, 2010 12:00:51 PM »

I have finished 2 smalls, a medium/small and a 90 %  done a medium/large. (I cant decide how big they are  Smiley and have no idea how long they took as I am constantly interupted Grin). I am hoping to send tomorrow.

I just woke up to a spider as big in my hand in my hallway. I hate spiders. I am still shaking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

itchyfingers

Baby is here - at long last!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1262 on: January 19, 2010 12:09:22 PM »

I just woke up to a spider as big in my hand in my hallway. I hate spiders. I am still shaking.
Gross!!  I can't tell you how glad I am that I live somewhere cold where our spiders don't get bigger than 3/4 of an inch of so.

If my stomach will settle and my headache will go away, I'll work a bit on my package today..otherwise, I'm taking a nap or watching some more Planet Earth (I'm so addicted right now!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baby number four is here and he's a boy!!  Time to start using all the great stuff I got from a bunch of Craftster friends:
Baby Shower in a Box

Wists
cjclark
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.

Inside a dog it's too dark to read.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1263 on: January 19, 2010 01:38:23 PM »

I just sent off to pixieval (as well as one personal swap, three OWS claims, 5 books sold on half.com, 2 books requested on paperbackswap and 1 DVD requested on SwapaDVD). The post office lady looked a little scared when I walked in!

I have one personal swap to finish up and then it is back to some of my personal projects. And cleaning and organizing my sewing space. I get so much more done and spend so much less money when everything is my sewing area is organized and I can find it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Woohoo! Baby Clark is on the way. Due October 24th.
Jenna_Gayle
« Reply #1264 on: January 19, 2010 01:56:34 PM »

I think I'm going to find a little time on my days off to organize my area, too!  First is getting the pantry back in order... I like to keep it organized, but right now everything has just been stuck in there and it's driving me crazy!!  Maybe I can pull off everything that I've got planned!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live neither in the past nor in the future, but let each day's work absorb your entire energies, and satisfy your widest ambition. ~Sir William Osler
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1265 on: January 19, 2010 02:14:23 PM »

So ... I just sent off my first paperbackswap.com books ... only one TEENSY problem.  I sent them to the same person, thinking that the person requested both.  Only ... not so much.  Bah.  I feel badly about the person who requested the second book.  Oh well, mistakes happen, right?  Just kicking myself because I don't get two books' worth of credit because of my stupidity. 

Alas.

Still working on the medium for Craftrica.

Oh - and the 'who's sent/received' list is up in the gallery - just seems that's the most logical place for it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cjclark
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.

Inside a dog it's too dark to read.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1266 on: January 19, 2010 02:28:35 PM »

So ... I just sent off my first paperbackswap.com books ... only one TEENSY problem.  I sent them to the same person, thinking that the person requested both.  Only ... not so much.  Bah.  I feel badly about the person who requested the second book.  Oh well, mistakes happen, right?  Just kicking myself because I don't get two books' worth of credit because of my stupidity. 

Alas.

Still working on the medium for Craftrica.

Oh - and the 'who's sent/received' list is up in the gallery - just seems that's the most logical place for it!

Did you not just do the "print wrapper" option? You can print without any postage on it, and just the address. Usually if someone orders two books the system shows them that way (like they will be in the same boxed in area on your requests). Bummer that it happened. Better luck next time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Woohoo! Baby Clark is on the way. Due October 24th.
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1267 on: January 19, 2010 02:30:35 PM »

Oh I did print the wrapper - I just printed two of the same wrapper.  But it's good to know the system puts them in the same bubble.  Some days I swear my head isn't attached!

I PMed the person who's receiving both and she's offered to send the other back, which is SO nice of her.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
itchyfingers

Baby is here - at long last!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1268 on: January 19, 2010 03:43:17 PM »

Well, I finally got around to making no-knead bread and I have lentil soup on the go.  Hubby will be  Grin when he gets home, smelling the soup. Smiley  I've just had one heel off of the loaf of bread and am really tempted to eat the other...lots of butter..mmmm.  This pregnancy keeps me hungry ALL the time!  The only complaint I have about cooking so much at home is all the dishes we keep making!

Oh, by the way, if anyone wants a good no-knead brown bread recipe, I have it!  I tweaked and tweaked until I got it down to a really good recipe - and easy!  I do fiddle with it a bit so it isn't entirely no-knead, but I don't work on it for more than a few minutes.  I find that the secret is bread flour and vital wheat gluten.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baby number four is here and he's a boy!!  Time to start using all the great stuff I got from a bunch of Craftster friends:
Baby Shower in a Box

Wists
PixieVal

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1269 on: January 19, 2010 03:44:43 PM »

I gave up on keeping up a couple days ago, but Just wanted to say I'm here, and hoping to send on Monday!! And my awesome partner sent to me already!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 157 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
T.C. Boyle on Incorporating Environmentalism in Art
Looking Under the Surface of a Renoir Masterpiece
‘I Am 8-Bit’ Art Show Opening 2008
The Comics Run: Justice League Number 6
The Comics Run: New Green Arrow
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...