A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,658
Currently Running With Scissors:
449 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 157
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frugal Living Swap (SIGNUP CLOSED; MAIL BY 2/6/2010)  (Read 93253 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pantsafari
« Reply #1250 on: January 18, 2010 09:29:19 PM »

Came along this saying today and thought it would make a great cross-stitch sign:

"Recycle, re-use, make do, or do without!"

Don't think I have enough time to make this idea for my partner (I'm a very slow cross stitcher) but perhaps someone else would like to steal the idea Smiley

I am currently reclaiming fabric for my projects from a bag of clothing we had set aside to go to goodwill...problem with going through it all again is I get the urge to keep things that I don't need!

My Grandma always said "Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do or Do without." I hear her telling me that in my head a lot, especially when I have a bad case of the "I want" -s!

speaking of using things up... people for some reason tend to give me a lot of body wash as presents (maybe I smell and don't notice?) and I usually don't use it (dont like the smell...dries out my skin...etc etc.) so it sits in my bathroom cupboard taking up space....until now! I started refilling my hand soap dispenser with body wash. smells good, works the same, and I don't have to go buy hand soap till its all gone. (which will take quite some time).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The never ending quest for pants continues...
itchyfingers

Baby is here - at long last!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1251 on: January 18, 2010 10:28:07 PM »

Hey, I have the same problem!  A few years back, I started following www.flylady.net for keeping my house clean.  I fell off the bandwagon when I got pregnant with my third baby, but one thing I always remember is that she recommended using unused body wash or soaps from hotels to clean your sink and toilet with!  They smell so nice compared to cleaners and it's not really much different than using them to wash your hands or body.  I do use vinegar a lot and microfibre without any cleaning agent, but if I want something sudsy and yummy smelling I'll use some of the huge number of body washes and soaps I have collected over the years.

And I love that saying you mentioned, cjclark...enough to possibly cross stitch it. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baby number four is here and he's a boy!!  Time to start using all the great stuff I got from a bunch of Craftster friends:
Baby Shower in a Box

Wists
onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1252 on: January 19, 2010 03:25:41 AM »

yipeeeeeee..... I sent........
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tanza
Angel in the making....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1253 on: January 19, 2010 04:22:25 AM »

my med has now been finished and washed, 1 more small to get done and a few more items to package up and then I will be ready to send.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1254 on: January 19, 2010 05:00:53 AM »

We've had a sender!!!

Gallery Link
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1255 on: January 19, 2010 05:02:45 AM »

speaking of using things up... people for some reason tend to give me a lot of body wash as presents (maybe I smell and don't notice?) and I usually don't use it (dont like the smell...dries out my skin...etc etc.) so it sits in my bathroom cupboard taking up space....until now! I started refilling my hand soap dispenser with body wash. smells good, works the same, and I don't have to go buy hand soap till its all gone. (which will take quite some time).

OMG ... how have I not thought of this before?  Seriously?  I'm a teacher and often get body wash as a gift ... THANK YOU, pantsafari!  Woot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenna_Gayle
« Reply #1256 on: January 19, 2010 06:30:21 AM »

I can't believe there are people already sending!!  I haven't started on the first thing for this swap yet   Shocked   BUT I've sent the angel package I was working on and am sending my bookmarks out today.  I've got all my supplies (yes I was a bad girl and bought a little bit of fabric since I try to only buy what I need at the time... unless it's on sale!) and I am taking off Thursday and Friday for a little me time!  I should have a lot more done by this time next week!!

I've also got a mean wish list of books saved on Amazon......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live neither in the past nor in the future, but let each day's work absorb your entire energies, and satisfy your widest ambition. ~Sir William Osler
cjclark
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.

Inside a dog it's too dark to read.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1257 on: January 19, 2010 08:38:16 AM »

I used to have a ton of body wash, half empty shampoo bottles and a general mess of stuff. I would get something new and in my desire to try it, I would put the half used bottle away "for later" and never get to them. But yet, I felt bad throwing any of it away. I finally lined all those bits and bottles up in the cabinet and made a commitment to use them up. I'm about halfway through and I don't think I've purchased shampoo, conditioner, body wash, soap or lotion for a year or more. It was stunning how much I had here and there stored away! It feels good to see the amounts in the cabinet going down too.

My box is packed and ready. I'm trying to finish up a few other things that need to  be mailed too (books for half.com, a DVD for SwapaDVD, etc.) so I can make one trip to the post office with all of it. I definitely could've made more, but the box is pretty full, so I'm not sure where I could have stuffed it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Woohoo! Baby Clark is on the way. Due October 24th.
imafundork
« Reply #1258 on: January 19, 2010 08:52:54 AM »

I used to have a ton of body wash, half empty shampoo bottles and a general mess of stuff. I would get something new and in my desire to try it, I would put the half used bottle away "for later" and never get to them. But yet, I felt bad throwing any of it away. I finally lined all those bits and bottles up in the cabinet and made a commitment to use them up.

I do the same thing. I started using up all of the half empty bottles back in Oct./Nov. It feels so good everytime one gets used up!  I also want to see if any of the local women's shelters will take new unused bottles, because I have a ton of those as well.  I really want to declutter my house and get rid of things and would feel much better if I could donate them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Wistful Thinking
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1259 on: January 19, 2010 09:37:30 AM »

When my brother moved out a few years ago I re-decorated my bathroom since I finally had it to myself (yay!) In the process I decided to declutter the bath/shower and I put up these awesome soap bar holders, they stick to the wall and are kind of v-shaped with a hole in the bottom so that the water doesn't collect and the soap bar stays dry. Makes homemade soap last literally months longer. And I put up shampoo and conditioner dispensers, like the kind they have at the gym. It's so nice to be able to pour my shampoo in there, and I don't care if I mix the end of bottles together and stuff, now I have hardly anything around the edges of the tub!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 6/2

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 157 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Emma Watson Makeup Tutorial
False Eyelashes in Less Than 5 Minutes
Twist-N-Roll Tweezer Review
Watch Us Try Oil Pulling
How to Minimize the Look of Pores
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...