A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,194
Currently Running With Scissors:
617 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 157
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frugal Living Swap (SIGNUP CLOSED; MAIL BY 2/6/2010)  (Read 95384 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1200 on: January 16, 2010 06:47:39 PM »

I just did part of my medium (which is venturing into largish territory, I think).  And I need a LOT more ____, so I'll have to go to Michael's for it.  Now I need to find a coupon to use.  I didn't want to buy anything else (I bought a smidgen of fabric - 1/4 yard), but I really like how the first of the ____ turned out, so I need to make the rest!

And woo hoo, irish_chicky, on finding the washing soda!  I need to get my bars of soap (still debating whether ordering them online and paying shipping is a good thing and if not, what to use as an alternative ... I could follow cjclark's lead and grate up some Ivory ...)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote now for the New-To-You Recipe Cooking Challenge!
Tero

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1201 on: January 16, 2010 07:02:33 PM »

I have been searching every where online and it is starting to look like we can not get soap flakes here in the US unless we order online. They are now only made in England...is what I am getting so far. Hopefully one of you ladies will say other wise.

Came across this site though and it is fun to look through.

http://www.dwellsmart.com/Products/Laundry/Soap-Flakes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1202 on: January 16, 2010 07:12:31 PM »

Okay ladies, so I'm heading off to bed, but I thought I'd give you a mini-update about Life Without Television (known from now on as LWOT).

I haven't turned it on all day!  I've read, I've crafted, I've poked around online, I've cleaned (gasp), but no television.  So far, so good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote now for the New-To-You Recipe Cooking Challenge!
irish_chicky
« Reply #1203 on: January 16, 2010 07:14:44 PM »

I just did part of my medium (which is venturing into largish territory, I think).  And I need a LOT more ____, so I'll have to go to Michael's for it.  Now I need to find a coupon to use.  I didn't want to buy anything else (I bought a smidgen of fabric - 1/4 yard), but I really like how the first of the ____ turned out, so I need to make the rest!

And woo hoo, irish_chicky, on finding the washing soda!  I need to get my bars of soap (still debating whether ordering them online and paying shipping is a good thing and if not, what to use as an alternative ... I could follow cjclark's lead and grate up some Ivory ...)

Yeah I'm just going the ivory route. I dont want to pay shipping on anything if I can get something just as good here Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in doing personal swaps!!!
onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1204 on: January 16, 2010 07:16:11 PM »

way to go KAZ!!

and on a crafting note...........Im pretty much done.......and will be sending on tuesday, since monday is a holiday.............

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Liralen

"What a crazy random happenstance."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1205 on: January 16, 2010 07:20:20 PM »

Whoo, I got my computer back!  And I didn't have to reinstall everything either! 

I'm about halfway through my medium.  Hopefully my partner likes it.  I have plans for working on the smalls this weekend (I've had a million ideas for how to do one) but am prioritizing my angel package first. 

Now if only I could get over this stomach bug thingie and I'd be good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Follow your inner moonlight, don't hide the madness."  -- Allen Ginsberg

http://musedcreations.blogspot.com
MissCrafty29
« Reply #1206 on: January 16, 2010 07:22:05 PM »

Okay ladies, so I'm heading off to bed, but I thought I'd give you a mini-update about Life Without Television (known from now on as LWOT).

I haven't turned it on all day!  I've read, I've crafted, I've poked around online, I've cleaned (gasp), but no television.  So far, so good!

YAY for LWOT!! I would love to do the same, but I think the man would get nasty without his boob tubbery..LOL! During the day, the little one and I don't watch TV. Although, I am guilty of sometimes turning it on once she has gone for a nap. I find that I am much more productive when I leave the TV off as well as the internet. I really would like for the man to get off the couch and turn off the TV though Sad I do believe it would be really nice doing more active things other than watching the tube!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All about the homemade!
donniesgirl
« Reply #1207 on: January 16, 2010 08:11:07 PM »

Maxi pad knee pads?!?  lol!!!

Well I started cutting out my ___ and ___.  I have to find something somewhere in my house to make the ___.  Smiley  So far, I haven't had to buy anything!  I have waaaay too much fabric stash.

Where do I find eucalyptus in north Texas?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010 08:21:33 PM by donniesgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cjclark
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.

Inside a dog it's too dark to read.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1208 on: January 16, 2010 08:19:32 PM »

Oh, my ________ ________ are done and so are the _________. I have the ___-____ _____ done but I might make some more. I'm also considering making some _____ ________ and embellishing some _________ _________ since those would both be quick. Oh, and I might make a _____ _____ kit too.

And woo. I forgot Monday was a holiday. I'm hoping to mail everything but my IYP swap on Tuesday and that holiday gives me an extra crafting day. Good, since I got almost nothing done today. My husband wanted a lot of attention (which is rare) so we did some grocery shopping, some cooking, played some games (Scrabble Slam and Farkel) and also played the Wii a bit. While I had plans to get crafting done, it was nice to just hang out with him all day too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Woohoo! Baby Clark is on the way. Due October 24th.
itchyfingers

Baby is here - at long last!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1209 on: January 16, 2010 11:43:29 PM »

Wow..I had to backtrack a lot today!  It doesn't help that I'm deep into the FrugAlong, too...the discussion is so similar but there are people over there who aren't in this swap.

Yay, Kaz, on LWOT!!  You can do it!!  And thank you for being such a wonderful organizer and compiling that resource list!!  I was thinking the same thing..about wading back through 120 pages to find a few links I never looked at.

So nice to find uplifting conversation happening here...I keep getting into an argument with a friend on Facebook over whether she's really feeling her baby move already.  Silly, I guess..but first baby, she's not stick-thin, claims to have felt it at eleven weeks and feeling strong kicks at thirteen weeks?!  The earliest I've felt a baby is fourteen weeks and that is with this one - my fourth!  Anyway, I just have a hard time believing it and can't keep my mouth shut.  Roll Eyes  I know this will seem silly to those who haven't been pregnant...but maybe I'll have a few people here who think it's as weird as I do.  And if not, it's nice reading up on how everyone is doing frugality-wise.

I just bought the makings of homemade laundry detergent.  Yay!  I'm so excited to make it and start using it. Cheesy  I was glad to find everything here..although I'm using Ivory because I couldn't find Fels Naptha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baby number four is here and he's a boy!!  Time to start using all the great stuff I got from a bunch of Craftster friends:
Baby Shower in a Box

Wists
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 157 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get a Basic Ponytail
How to Get Long Hair Updos
Organic Haircare by Demetris Potamianos
Ideas for Hair Accessories
Couture Hair Extensions
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...