A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,856
Currently Running With Scissors:
769 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 157
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frugal Living Swap (SIGNUP CLOSED; MAIL BY 2/6/2010)  (Read 87841 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tero
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #790 on: January 09, 2010 10:41:23 AM »

Good morning ladies, cant wait to get partner info, I am itching to think of fun things to make.
You all inspired me and I made a really yummy pot of lima beans last night and homemade bread for dinner. The whole thing cost under a dollar for each of us and I was just so proud. To top it all off, my whole family LOVED the beans. I cooked them in chicken stock that I had frozen...must remember that little secret. There were NO left overs and there are only four of us. Smiley
Not easy to get Hubby to go for cheap eats so this is a real win for our home.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

« Reply #791 on: January 09, 2010 10:49:05 AM »

Is this possible?  It is a Saturday and no one has replied to this thread in five hours!  You all must be

a) busily crafting for your partner
b) doing house work
c) buried in a snow drift

So which is it, ladies?   Wink Cheesy Grin

a & b

and waiting for my brother to come over so we can go hit a rad sounding yard sale.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #792 on: January 09, 2010 11:15:27 AM »

Hey Tero - I sent out partner questionnaires yesterday.  Did you receive yours? 

Good morning ladies, cant wait to get partner info, I am itching to think of fun things to make.
You all inspired me and I made a really yummy pot of lima beans last night and homemade bread for dinner. The whole thing cost under a dollar for each of us and I was just so proud. To top it all off, my whole family LOVED the beans. I cooked them in chicken stock that I had frozen...must remember that little secret. There were NO left overs and there are only four of us. Smiley
Not easy to get Hubby to go for cheap eats so this is a real win for our home.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lylanni
« Reply #793 on: January 09, 2010 11:38:29 AM »

I'm a, b & c lol.  Trying to tear myself away from the crafting and the internet to get some baking done though...it's...just...so...dif ficult!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flower
« Reply #794 on: January 09, 2010 11:40:28 AM »

Is this possible?  It is a Saturday and no one has replied to this thread in five hours!  You all must be

b) doing house work

a & b

and waiting for my brother to come over so we can go hit a rad sounding yard sale.

Washington has yard sales in January?  I'm so jealous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

« Reply #795 on: January 09, 2010 11:53:23 AM »

I have been gladly taking a MUCH needed nap.  I wore myself out with too many nights of too little sleep dealing with freezing pipes and stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

« Reply #796 on: January 09, 2010 11:56:56 AM »

b) doing house work

a & b

Washington has yard sales in January?  I'm so jealous!

Well, they are pretty few and far between. I do live in a college town though, and while the college is shunned by the rest of the state as "too hippie-dippy" (I'm a proud Greener Grad), it is considered a pretty good school by the rest of the country. So, we get a lot of out of staters here. The rain starts in October and lasts until June, and a lot of kids just can't handle it so they drop out before Spring quarter and move back to sunnier places. Which is cool with me - they will occasionally hold yard sales, and get rid of tons of cool stuff for cheap.

I'm headed out now. She's closing at 2pm, so I might be able to do some bargaining!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

grenouille78
« Reply #797 on: January 09, 2010 12:12:02 PM »

Well, they are pretty few and far between. I do live in a college town though, and while the college is shunned by the rest of the state as "too hippie-dippy" (I'm a proud Greener Grad), it is considered a pretty good school by the rest of the country. So, we get a lot of out of staters here. The rain starts in October and lasts until June, and a lot of kids just can't handle it so they drop out before Spring quarter and move back to sunnier places. Which is cool with me - they will occasionally hold yard sales, and get rid of tons of cool stuff for cheap.

I'm headed out now. She's closing at 2pm, so I might be able to do some bargaining!

Ah, you're a Greener, huh? Wink Well she picked a good weekend for a yard sale! The sun has made a rare appearance. Woo hoo! I'm torn between going outside or holing up in my craft room.

b) doing house work

lol I noticed the sudden drop-off in posting around here, too. I hope to be doing A pretty soon! I was going to hit some grocery stores to start a price book, but I lost interest in that for today. heh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

donniesgirl

« Reply #798 on: January 09, 2010 12:15:36 PM »

Is this possible?  It is a Saturday and no one has replied to this thread in five hours!  You all must be

b) doing house work

So which is it, ladies?   Wink Cheesy Grin

b for me.  I'm putting together my menu/grocery list for the week.  I am SOOO excited - I found a healthy recipe for a buffalo chicken salad that sounds soooo good.  

My issue with coupons is I've been trying to "eat clean" and I'm not going to use coupons for processed foods like Kraft.  
I just started getting a magazine called "Clean Eating." It's really great and has lots of recipes with reasonable ingredients (price and availability) and they are quite tasty. Just thought you might want to check that out. Smiley

I have a subscription - LOVE this magazine!  If you do a search for their website, they used to give a way a free example issue.  Not sure if they still do - but something to look into if anyone's interested.  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010 12:18:12 PM by donniesgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pops

this kittens' nose demands kisses...

« Reply #799 on: January 09, 2010 12:18:44 PM »

well it's still snowing here, so that's c, and i have managed both a & b at various points today!

i have decided on almost all the things i'm making already and have made a start on one. i'm going to love this swap! ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 157 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Khloe Kardashian Odom: Steal Her Style
A Louis Vuitton-Inspired DIY: Give Your Blazer a Vintage Flair with Buttons
Nikki Reed In Little Black Dress Promoting Breaking Dawn In London
How to Stay Comfy and Casual in Chunky Knits
Get Halloween Costume Inspiration from Nicole Richie
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...