A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,534
Currently Running With Scissors:
481 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 157
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frugal Living Swap (SIGNUP CLOSED; MAIL BY 2/6/2010)  (Read 96634 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

grenouille78
« Reply #760 on: January 08, 2010 04:16:31 PM »

I know where Sammamish is - I have family in Sammamish. Smiley  And see, there you go - 30 min east of Seattle and I grew up 30 minutes south of Seattle but we say we're from Seattle.
And oh, how I wish we had Craigslist here.  We do have a pretty good local free online classifed, but it's still not quite like Craigslist.

And about that reference to the Supermall (just now I can't remember who said it) - I actually did not live in Auburn, but Algona..two blocks away from the Supermall - until I got married almost six years ago.  My dad just sold the house last summer and is moving to Michigan in the next year or so...I'll miss the Supermall on our trips down. Sad  It always cracked me up because the Supermall was so well known in Washington but if I said I lived in Algona there was hardly anyone who knew where it was.  So I'd just say I lived at the Supermall.  Tongue

That was me. Smiley Funny that you lived "at" the Supermall.  Cheesy I don't think I've ever actually shopped there, but whenever we drive by at night, we point out the movie theater to our girls and say, "Look, it's a spaceship!" All the neon lights, y'know.

Also love craigslist. I have gotten so much off it! And sold a few things, too. I pity the people who have sorry little craigslists.  Sad

Happy to have partners!! I was trying really hard this morning not to get on because I knew I would be sad if I didn't have that wonderful little PM waiting for me. But then impatience won out and I checked and... lo and behold! I had a partner! Yay, kaz!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Disco Queen Highness
« Reply #761 on: January 08, 2010 04:28:32 PM »

Yay for partners.  I can totally work with my partners requests.  

I love finding new uses for old things.  In this case "really" old things.  I've got a couple of vintage egg slicers that we use all of the time.  They're so great for slicing eggs onto salads.  Today I ran across this little do hickey http://www.amazon.com/MSC-Simply-Slice-Strawberry-Slicer/dp/B000XQ18SE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1262996940&sr=8-1 .  I've got a strawberry patch on the side of my house, so we are drowning in strawberries every summer.  I'm excited to get to slice them a quicker and easier way this year.  I also just learned that you can top strawberries with a melon baller.  I've always just gotten out the knife and started slicing & dicing.  I can't wait to give these little tips a try.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010 04:30:47 PM by Disco Queen Highness » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd love to do a personal swap for this knit Death Flake hat

Wists
Etsy
donniesgirl
« Reply #762 on: January 08, 2010 04:32:43 PM »

We do - I'm in Flower Mound & we have a Sprouts a mile or so away.  I hit the bulk section & saw the lentils!  Smiley  DH doesn't get the bulk fixation, but I have all these little jars & things for them.  I wish they'd knock the price down on those dried cherries tho - eek they're expensive!  My nearest Whole Foods is in Plano, but sometimes I'll go to Southlake & hit up the Central Market for more variety.

Ooh if you find your list, I'd be interested!  My issue with coupons is I've been trying to "eat clean" and I'm not going to use coupons for processed foods like Kraft.  Why don't they run coupons on bulk millet?  Smiley

I think you said you live in North Texas... ? If you do (or just in Texas) and you have a sprouts farmer's market nearby they have beans and lentils on sale for 75 cents per pound this week. (through Wednesday the 13th). We're the same and rarely can use coupons since we don't eat much in the way of processed food but I have also found that Sprouts has little coupon books (and sometimes they are at Whole Foods too) and they have coupons for stuff like rice, sugar, certain brands of flours/grains.. like this month there was one for rice, one for sugar, one for Arrowhead Mills (they have various whole grains, flours, cereals, etc.).

So, maybe that might help some.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010 04:35:39 PM by donniesgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #763 on: January 08, 2010 04:35:51 PM »

Cool! I always cut strawberries, mushrooms, and eggs with the egg slicer. I like to core apples (slice in half and then core each half) with the melon baller, hardly any waste!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #764 on: January 08, 2010 04:55:23 PM »

I used my egg slicer to cut up bananas to have them all be equally thick for dehydrating for the bunny treats.  It worked great.  Smiley  Oddly, I don't think I've ever used it for eggs, though.

OH - and I'm home now!  WOOOT.  And a silver lining to now having an industrial fan in my walk-in closet is the fact that when moving some boxes, I found fabric!  I totally forgot I had it and the bonus is it's PERFECT for my partner and in big enough amounts, too, for what I have in mind.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote now for the New-To-You Recipe Cooking Challenge!
Disco Queen Highness
« Reply #765 on: January 08, 2010 04:56:20 PM »

Oh, mushrooms, I hadn't thought of slicing those with the egg slicer, yet.  MareMare, you're just brilliant.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd love to do a personal swap for this knit Death Flake hat

Wists
Etsy
danger.kitty
« Reply #766 on: January 08, 2010 05:13:14 PM »

Wow I'm so excited to be partnered with another New Zealander for this swap!  I am brimming with ideas at the moment Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Crafty Aunt:  taking on 2011 one DIY gift at a time
http://craftyaunty.blogspot.com/
lydiaharper
« Reply #767 on: January 08, 2010 05:44:25 PM »

This thread is moving fast!  I check like everyday and there are so many new pages.  I'm crafting away.  Finished one thing for Aiki so far.  (though we have been paired for a few days).

THIS ROCKS   Logged

onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #768 on: January 08, 2010 06:01:08 PM »

yea for partners..............I LOVE MINE (maremare)............and will have a hard time not sending a truck to deliver all the stuff I want to make for her...........

hope everyone is as happy with their partner as I am with mine.... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

itchyfingers

Baby is here - at long last!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #769 on: January 08, 2010 06:07:31 PM »

yea for partners..............I LOVE MINE (maremare)............and will have a hard time not sending a truck to deliver all the stuff I want to make for her...........

hope everyone is as happy with their partner as I am with mine.... Cheesy

Well, just stay in the theme of the swap, then...a delivery truck would hardly be frugal. Wink  With how huge this swap is, it's weird to me how small the requirements are.  I guess it's because I just got finished with the random swap..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baby number four is here and he's a boy!!  Time to start using all the great stuff I got from a bunch of Craftster friends:
Baby Shower in a Box

Wists
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 157 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Wear Wellies
How to Wear a Knit Hat
How to Wear Hats in New York
How to Pick the Right Bag for Your Outfit
How to Pick Sunglasses for Your Face Shape
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...