A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,599
Currently Running With Scissors:
656 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 157
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frugal Living Swap (SIGNUP CLOSED; MAIL BY 2/6/2010)  (Read 92510 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

amymisha
« Reply #750 on: January 08, 2010 01:01:19 PM »

My list is somewhere back there after that first post on requesting coupons. It's a list of veg/organic vendors. You may find more in your noodling around, but it's a good start.

Anyway...so you don't have to wade through 800 pages, here's the list again:

amy@amyskitchen.net, bernie@annies.com, info@anniesnaturals.com, info@aroracreations.com, info@barbarasbakery.com, marketing@bocaburger.net, TalkToUs@smallplanetfoods.com, feedback@cedarlanefoods.com, info@cedarfoods.com, info@edenfoods.com, MOOSEWOOD@FFKINC.COM, askus@fantasticfoods.com, info@fieldroast.com, info@FollowYourHeart.com, acole@gardenburger.com, news@thehainfoodgroup.com, kashico@kashi.com, infor@lightlife.com, question@lundberg.com, pfo@pacificfoods.com, office@primalspiritfoods.com, info@SpectrumOrganic.com, info@tastybite.com, tofutti@nac.net, info@tofurky.com, info@turtlemountain.com, robin@wholesoyco.com, info@zoefoods.com 

My favorite coupon tip.... write a generic email that says something along the lines of "I really enjoy using your products. Could you put me on your snail mail list and send some coupons or samples?" Then gather together email addresses of companies (If I can find my list, I'll post it). Then mass send it. You can customize it as you wish for each company, but you'll be amazed at how many GREAT coupons you can get. You can usually do this once every 4-6 months. I do it for veg/vegan/organic companies and get TONS of free item coupons this way. Free. Totally free. Free miso, free whatever. The companies are usually really great about it. Eden foods will send coupons and samples of grains and pastas. Amy's will send free item coupons and high value coupons. And it's through email, so it's free....just takes time. But once you have the email list you just need to remind yourself to send that email every half year or so. Hain Celestial is great about sending coupons, otehr big companies are too.

My tip for the day....

I have an un-frugal fiancee!! I hate when he goes grocery shopping because he never looks to see what's on sale... and I'm not sure what he spends his money on, but we never have money. we always seem to be streching to make things work the last few days before pay day.  

Ooh if you find your list, I'd be interested!  My issue with coupons is I've been trying to "eat clean" and I'm not going to use coupons for processed foods like Kraft.  Why don't they run coupons on bulk millet?  Smiley

I have an un-frugal fiancee!! I hate when he goes grocery shopping because he never looks to see what's on sale... and I'm not sure what he spends his money on, but we never have money. we always seem to be streching to make things work the last few days before pay day. 

Two words: Dave Ramsey  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ariaya
Craft-a-holic

What your heart thinks is great, is great.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #751 on: January 08, 2010 01:02:47 PM »

Awesome partners!  I looking forward to crafting for my partner!  I have a few ideas already ...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Victoria
~ What your heart thinks is great, is great. ~
~ What Your Heart Thinks Blog ~ Twitter ~
Avabrowneyes

Genius is like lightning--it comes and it goes.

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: January 08, 2010 01:13:14 PM »

*Fist pump of victory* Contact has been established!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cjclark
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.

Inside a dog it's too dark to read.

« Reply #753 on: January 08, 2010 01:18:45 PM »

Ooh if you find your list, I'd be interested!  My issue with coupons is I've been trying to "eat clean" and I'm not going to use coupons for processed foods like Kraft.  Why don't they run coupons on bulk millet?  Smiley

I think you said you live in North Texas... ? If you do (or just in Texas) and you have a sprouts farmer's market nearby they have beans and lentils on sale for 75 cents per pound this week. (through Wednesday the 13th). We're the same and rarely can use coupons since we don't eat much in the way of processed food but I have also found that Sprouts has little coupon books (and sometimes they are at Whole Foods too) and they have coupons for stuff like rice, sugar, certain brands of flours/grains.. like this month there was one for rice, one for sugar, one for Arrowhead Mills (they have various whole grains, flours, cereals, etc.).

So, maybe that might help some.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Woohoo! Baby Clark is on the way. Due October 24th.
pops

this kittens' nose demands kisses...

« Reply #754 on: January 08, 2010 01:31:14 PM »

am i the only one who can never remember what they've put on the questionnaires?!
i'm excited to start for my partner, but am concerned now that i wasn't clear or may have been confusing! (i know i feel confused now!)

ack- i'll just leave it all up to you my dear, and i'll get on with treating you to some thrifty, homemade goodies!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mammallama
« Reply #755 on: January 08, 2010 01:34:16 PM »

I am so excited! 

I have a baby girl to sew for and NO PINK!!   PERFECT!!!   I have JUST the right material.

Grin Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mizell
Give me yarn or give me death!

« Reply #756 on: January 08, 2010 02:00:38 PM »

aww I already love my partner!! ^  Wink
I love the planning stages!! I get to make Lists!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

One year of marriage and he's still alive!!
Personal Swaps Are Go
Crafty detective swap:sending soon
Alphabet inchies: sent
Frugal swap 2: signed up
yarnies vs sewists: awaiting partners
http://www.wists.com/cmizell
Blog: everyone else has one! http://knitkitsch.blogspot.com/
lady4feet
« Reply #757 on: January 08, 2010 02:08:54 PM »

am i the only one who can never remember what they've put on the questionnaires?!
i'm excited to start for my partner, but am concerned now that i wasn't clear or may have been confusing! (i know i feel confused now!)

ack- i'll just leave it all up to you my dear, and i'll get on with treating you to some thrifty, homemade goodies!  Cheesy

I always forget! Thats why I got into the habit of saving mine in my outbox.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #758 on: January 08, 2010 02:22:12 PM »

If I didn't have everything auto saved that I send out I would be a disaster! (or, you know, more of a disaster than I am now!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 5/21

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #759 on: January 08, 2010 03:10:41 PM »

I'm sure partners wouldn't mind receiving addendums!  And if you forgot what you put on your original questionnaire, PM me and I'll send it back.

Smiley

Glad everyone seems happy with their partners so far! Smiley
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010 03:11:44 PM by kaz814 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 157 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Birchbox July 2014: Sneak Peek Part 2
How to Simplify Your Summer Beauty Routine
Summer Beauty Bag Essentials
How to Choose Makeup Brushes
Clarisa, See the Real Me
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...