A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 300,874
Currently Running With Scissors:
675 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 157
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frugal Living Swap (SIGNUP CLOSED; MAIL BY 2/6/2010)  (Read 103579 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #300 on: December 30, 2009 06:43:50 AM »

OOohhhh, ahhhhhhhh, if my partner could fling some candied ginger root my way, I'm be blissed!  Not only is it yummy, it is also great help with car sickness when traveling.

If anyone has a thrifty way of making candied ginger, please give!!! 

Personally I'd start by growing your own ginger Wink I have some in a pot outside my front door. I hope today isn't killing them  (current temperature 37.5C at 5pm. It's been getting warmer as the afternoon goes on)

OK, you hereby officially ROCK!!!

It's surprisingly easy to kickstart some ginger. I bought some organic ginger from the supermarket, cut it into 4 pieces, and stuck them into water for a few weeks.

Now they're out coping in the real world. I hope it grows well and hardy. I make a lot of spice pastes, and I prefer to grind fresh ginger rather than use ground.

And KittenWrangler - that is so cool.  I'm going to have to try that!  I still need to plant my garlic ... I keep forgetting (luckily it's supposed to just sit there all winter in the cold soil!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bethiej78

pool on the roof must have a leak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #301 on: December 30, 2009 06:51:51 AM »

OOohhhh, ahhhhhhhh, if my partner could fling some candied ginger root my way, I'm be blissed!  Not only is it yummy, it is also great help with car sickness when traveling.

If anyone has a thrifty way of making candied ginger, please give!!! 

Personally I'd start by growing your own ginger Wink I have some in a pot outside my front door. I hope today isn't killing them  (current temperature 37.5C at 5pm. It's been getting warmer as the afternoon goes on)

OK, you hereby officially ROCK!!!

It's surprisingly easy to kickstart some ginger. I bought some organic ginger from the supermarket, cut it into 4 pieces, and stuck them into water for a few weeks.

Now they're out coping in the real world. I hope it grows well and hardy. I make a lot of spice pastes, and I prefer to grind fresh ginger rather than use ground.

dude kitten that is seriously badass.  i am totally trying that when i get home tonight!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009 06:52:26 AM by bethiej78 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

side note, if any of you craftsters out there are also weight watchers members, check out my WW Blog!
bethiej78

pool on the roof must have a leak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #302 on: December 30, 2009 06:54:07 AM »

Oh, people from all over. It's going to be another one of those swap packages that the post office lady yells at me for because she doesn't understand what I've written on the package.

The last one I wrote B.C. and forgot to put Canada after. The one before that I wrote "Cardiff, Wales" and she griped... Where IS that?!

I think US postal service employees should be required to take a lot of geography classes.

dude, that totally happens to me.  i'm right there with ya on the mandatory geography lessons!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

side note, if any of you craftsters out there are also weight watchers members, check out my WW Blog!
JodiLynn85
« Reply #303 on: December 30, 2009 07:40:26 AM »

I'm really really excited for this swap. I told my husband about it as we were paying $40 bucks to ship a swap package to New Zealand yesterday, and he says "I think you should definitely do that one". Hopefully the package will arrive soon and I'll get some feedback so I can join in before the 8th!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist

50 Projects in 2010: 9/50 with several big ones in progress!
kaz814
Cooking Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: December 30, 2009 08:14:21 AM »

I'm really really excited for this swap. I told my husband about it as we were paying $40 bucks to ship a swap package to New Zealand yesterday, and he says "I think you should definitely do that one". Hopefully the package will arrive soon and I'll get some feedback so I can join in before the 8th!

I hope so, too!  Though chances are if you can't get in on this round, with almost 50 participants, I'll organize it again in a couple months. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pops

this kittens' nose demands kisses...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #305 on: December 30, 2009 08:17:55 AM »

duh- i'm really going to have to pm my partner a lot! i've sent my questionnaire in twice now, and not covered everything! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lydiaharper
« Reply #306 on: December 30, 2009 08:23:10 AM »

I am going to be sending my partner a list!  I keep seeing all these awesome ideas and thinking I NEED THAT!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Cooking Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #307 on: December 30, 2009 08:59:24 AM »

I am going to be sending my partner a list!  I keep seeing all these awesome ideas and thinking I NEED THAT!!

Ha! Smiley  The good ideas just keep on coming.  My list is big, too! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jenna_Gayle
« Reply #308 on: December 30, 2009 09:03:27 AM »

Ok, I tried looking for a picture, tutorial, or something to look at to see what weighted jar covers are and how they work.... nothing!  Can someone help me out??  They sound soooo cool!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live neither in the past nor in the future, but let each day's work absorb your entire energies, and satisfy your widest ambition. ~Sir William Osler
kaz814
Cooking Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #309 on: December 30, 2009 09:07:01 AM »

http://down---to---earth.blogspot.com/2009/11/cleaning-cloths-and-covers.html - the fourth picture down shows them in action. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 157 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Using Selective White Balance Controls in Camera Raw
How to Draw Dracula from Hotel Transylvania
Creating One-Click Recipes of Your Favorite Photoshop Effects
How to Draw Eeyore from Winnie The Pooh
How to Draw El Matador from Supa Strikas
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Super Easy Peppermint Bark
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...