A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,696
Currently Running With Scissors:
547 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 157
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frugal Living Swap (SIGNUP CLOSED; MAIL BY 2/6/2010)  (Read 93358 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #280 on: December 29, 2009 08:47:13 PM »

On a rather random note ... I'm at my grandparents' this week, and I was putting everyone on little charts (where you live, where you're willing to send to, crafts you can and want, allergies and allergins) and my grandmother was terribly confused by the whole idea of swapping.

"But where ARE these people?  How do you get things to them?"

When she finally got it, she just looked at me like I was crazy.  Little does she know how fun it is! 

Lol, your grandparents and my grandparents can join the same "I can't understand why my grand-daughter wants to send crafts to strangers" group.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Avabrowneyes

Genius is like lightning--it comes and it goes.

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 29, 2009 09:48:56 PM »

On a rather random note ... I'm at my grandparents' this week, and I was putting everyone on little charts (where you live, where you're willing to send to, crafts you can and want, allergies and allergins) and my grandmother was terribly confused by the whole idea of swapping.

"But where ARE these people?  How do you get things to them?"

When she finally got it, she just looked at me like I was crazy.  Little does she know how fun it is! 

Lol, your grandparents and my grandparents can join the same "I can't understand why my grand-daughter wants to send crafts to strangers" group.

Ditto on that! In my case it's parents. "How do you know if you'll like what you get?" I try to compare it to Christmas and vice versa, but so far have had little success.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #282 on: December 29, 2009 09:50:47 PM »

My mailman, who is a friend from church, continually boggles because "you have people sending you gifts all the time."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
grenouille78
« Reply #283 on: December 29, 2009 09:51:03 PM »

I've been on swap hiatus for a few months now (new baby, Christmas gifts, birthday gifts). Now that all that craziness is over, I thought I'd mosey on over to the swap board and see what was up. And this! This is so totally down my alley!! I love it! It took me all stinking day to catch up on this monstrous thread and submit my questionnaire, but now, that, too, is done. Man, the 8th of January is a long ways away. ho hum. Anyways, I saw some people mentioned the down-to-earth blog and Tightwad Gazette. I'm a big fan of both! Soooo many good ideas from both of those ladies. Dh drags his feet when it comes to frugal, thrifty living, but to me, it's a great generator of creativity! That must be why so many craftsters are excited about this. Smiley Gets our wheels turning...

One of the things I put on my questionnaire that I don't remember seeing listed yet were jug or jar covers. I would love to attempt making some things at home (vinegar, ginger beer, soft cheese, etc) that need to be covered but still have airflow, hence the weighted cloth jar covers.

And now my baby needs me, so that's my contribution for tonight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aikibookworm

« Reply #284 on: December 29, 2009 09:56:50 PM »

OOohhhh, ahhhhhhhh, if my partner could fling some candied ginger root my way, I'm be blissed!  Not only is it yummy, it is also great help with car sickness when traveling.

If anyone has a thrifty way of making candied ginger, please give!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kitten Wrangler
Somewhere, somehow, Connex is to blame

« Reply #285 on: December 29, 2009 10:05:21 PM »

OOohhhh, ahhhhhhhh, if my partner could fling some candied ginger root my way, I'm be blissed!  Not only is it yummy, it is also great help with car sickness when traveling.

Personally I'd start by growing your own ginger Wink I have some in a pot outside my front door. I hope today isn't killing them  (current temperature 37.5C at 5pm. It's been getting warmer as the afternoon goes on)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I should die of smallpox
Put my remains in my snuff box
Craftrica

I love being out in the wild!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #286 on: December 29, 2009 10:11:04 PM »

I've been on swap hiatus for a few months now (new baby, Christmas gifts, birthday gifts). Now that all that craziness is over, I thought I'd mosey on over to the swap board and see what was up. And this! This is so totally down my alley!! I love it! It took me all stinking day to catch up on this monstrous thread and submit my questionnaire, but now, that, too, is done. Man, the 8th of January is a long ways away. ho hum. Anyways, I saw some people mentioned the down-to-earth blog and Tightwad Gazette. I'm a big fan of both! Soooo many good ideas from both of those ladies. Dh drags his feet when it comes to frugal, thrifty living, but to me, it's a great generator of creativity! That must be why so many craftsters are excited about this. Smiley Gets our wheels turning...

One of the things I put on my questionnaire that I don't remember seeing listed yet were jug or jar covers. I would love to attempt making some things at home (vinegar, ginger beer, soft cheese, etc) that need to be covered but still have airflow, hence the weighted cloth jar covers.

And now my baby needs me, so that's my contribution for tonight.

Well yes, I love those jug covers too- there are so many things I am now reading about that I didn't put in my questionairre!! I like to cover milk jugs with them, or even the sugar pot, here in hot South Africa, where we are having a summer fly problem!

Can't wait to get going on this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do not go where the path might lead - go instead where there is no path and
leave a trail.
Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Aikibookworm

« Reply #287 on: December 29, 2009 10:20:56 PM »

Personally I'd start by growing your own ginger Wink I have some in a pot outside my front door. I hope today isn't killing them  (current temperature 37.5C at 5pm. It's been getting warmer as the afternoon goes on)

OK, you hereby officially ROCK!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cjclark
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.

Inside a dog it's too dark to read.

« Reply #288 on: December 29, 2009 10:52:13 PM »

Oh, people from all over. It's going to be another one of those swap packages that the post office lady yells at me for because she doesn't understand what I've written on the package.

The last one I wrote B.C. and forgot to put Canada after. The one before that I wrote "Cardiff, Wales" and she griped... Where IS that?!

I think US postal service employees should be required to take a lot of geography classes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Woohoo! Baby Clark is on the way. Due October 24th.
Aikibookworm

« Reply #289 on: December 29, 2009 11:02:01 PM »

OOoooo, I'd have to have some evil fun with that wench.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 157 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Banana-Split Funnel Cake Recipe
Doughnut Ice Cream Sandwiches at Holey Cream in NYC
Homemade Thai Chili and Watermelon Freezer Pop Recipe
How to Use Freeze-Dried Fruit for Perfect Fruit Icing
Plate Lab: Korean Shaved Ice, Constructed
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...