A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,706
Currently Running With Scissors:
724 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 157
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frugal Living Swap (SIGNUP CLOSED; MAIL BY 2/6/2010)  (Read 93418 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jenna_Gayle
« Reply #240 on: December 29, 2009 06:19:35 AM »

AND.... being that I live down here in the south..... the need for "keeping warm" is already taken care of......although I would love to make things for other people to keep warm with

I don't know how much farther south you live from me (I'm on the Fl/Ga border), but today I sure could use something to keep warm!!  It's freezing!!!

Oy!  Please, please, please, I can't have a partner who wants something heavy like a box of washing soda or draft stoppers.  Sorry, but I can't afford the postage!

I'm right there with you on needing to keep the shipping as low as possible.  If your partner needed draft stoppers you could still make them and just not put the filling in!  I think I saw someone mention this earlier and that it worked out great  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live neither in the past nor in the future, but let each day's work absorb your entire energies, and satisfy your widest ambition. ~Sir William Osler
irish_chicky
« Reply #241 on: December 29, 2009 09:24:29 AM »

I'm only saying I would LIKE/LOVE haha to receive a box of washing soda, not that you HAVE to Tongue I just can't get it here, even a small container with some in it would be huge Smiley

And if you make draft stoppers I can totally fill them if you just want to send a sleeve to fill! I'm sure a lot of people will do/say the same!

No worries about postage, we're all in the same boat Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in doing personal swaps!!!
Ninzip
« Reply #242 on: December 29, 2009 10:39:19 AM »

Reusable tea bags are a great idea, Idlersdesign!
I have been thinking of frugal crafts myself and I came up with reusable make-up remover pads. They might not be for everyone but they sure are frugal (and ecofriendly). I could definitely use some!

By the way, I can't believe how this thread exploded in the last few days!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bethiej78

pool on the roof must have a leak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: December 29, 2009 10:58:16 AM »

this is such a cool swap idea it's lured me out of swap retirement!! Smiley 

also, just an FYI, some of the patterns which are linked for reusable sandwich baggies in the list on page 2 recommend using vinyl or PULs, but they both have off-gassing issues which may make them unsafe for this purpose.  however, I don't really have a better suggestion.  for the ones I have made (mostly sandwich and dry snack baggies) I use organic non-dyed cotton canvas (embroidered or stencilled to make it interesting!), and just tell people not to throw anything too wet in there.  but i have put strawberries in before and any small amount of bleeding from the juice usually comes out in the wash.  just my 2c!

can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

now I have to go read 23 pages worth of thread!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009 10:59:39 AM by bethiej78 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

side note, if any of you craftsters out there are also weight watchers members, check out my WW Blog!
pantsafari
« Reply #244 on: December 29, 2009 11:20:31 AM »

I have been thinking of frugal crafts myself and I came up with reusable make-up remover pads. They might not be for everyone but they sure are frugal (and ecofriendly). I could definitely use some!

Ok so a few months ago I bout a neutrogena Wave to see if it would help with my acne issues...and it worked ok but didnt exfoliate as well as I had hoped and I didnt like the cleanser on the pads (which are ridiculously expensive BTW)   SOO I made some little wet felted pads to use with it instead and I put the kind of cleanser I want on it. Works amazingly- the wool exfoliates wonderfully and Im saving so much money by not buying their cleanser pads.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The never ending quest for pants continues...
IdlersDesign
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #245 on: December 29, 2009 11:44:39 AM »

I bought a new teapot yesterday (a good one; one that I can use without spilling tea on the table while pooring... Roll Eyes) and desperately need some reusable teabags. I drink tea (herbal & green) all day long.
Maybe that's something to add to the list?

Oooh reusable teabags ... so made out of a fine mesh, I suppose?  Great idea!  I'll go add.

Yes, I use cheesecloth; cheap, thin; perfect for this purpose!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

`No one should do for me that which I can reasonably do for myself D.H. Lawrence

pinterest
AttieNichole

Welcoming Spring!

« Reply #246 on: December 29, 2009 11:46:08 AM »

another frugal craftster who just sent in her questionnaire!  Hello everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

attienichole.etsy.c om
ecozombie.etsy.com
pinterest.com/aimeetraveler
PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: December 29, 2009 11:52:13 AM »

another frugal craftster who just sent in her questionnaire!  Hello everyone!
Yay! I'm so excited to see so many people joining, i can't wait till the gallery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

« Reply #248 on: December 29, 2009 12:05:51 PM »

Jenna-Gayle, where are you?  Sounds like you aren't too far from my parents (Dothan, AL).

As far as all those out grown boy's shirts, I just took a big bag of outgrown 10 and 12 pants from my son and gave them to the guidance counselor at his elementary school.  She discretely saw that they reached the family of a younger boy who desperately needed them.

I had originally planned to just throw them in the back of the closet to hold until a spring yardsale.  But, things are so awful around here, I couldn't in good conscience not find a need.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
bethiej78

pool on the roof must have a leak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: December 29, 2009 12:06:10 PM »

whew!  back!  long long thread!!

I used scraps of Pink Power ranger fleece fabric to give me special supermum powers for days when I feel like my life force is being drained  Grin

lol@mink_bikini (don't know if anyone else saw this but it made me giggle)

itchyfingers - sorry you had such a crappy christmas!

everyone else - hello!  your outpouring of creative ideas is truly inspiring!  also, i totally fall into the trap described on page 8(?) or 9(?) - of feeling totally unmotivated to craft for myself, and always preferring to make things for other people!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009 12:06:54 PM by bethiej78 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

side note, if any of you craftsters out there are also weight watchers members, check out my WW Blog!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 157 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Different Celebrities With the Same Dress
Grammys Red-Carpet Style
Jessica Chastain Vs Anne Hathaway Style
Oscars Red Carpet Highlights
Fashion Week Round-Ups: SXSW Style Guide
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...