A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,405
Currently Running With Scissors:
819 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 157
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frugal Living Swap (SIGNUP CLOSED; MAIL BY 2/6/2010)  (Read 92252 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

guacaMolly
« Reply #220 on: December 28, 2009 12:33:15 PM »

After taking a swap break,,, I decided to join this one.  I have some really cool ideas of what I could send out if my partner would like them.  I have been making my own laundry soap for the last (almost) year, using grated fels napa soap, powdered borax, washing soda, and water.  Our clothes smell great, plus it is so cheap compared to buying it!  I also use vinegar as a fabric softener, dishwasher despotter, and cleaning agent!  I even make my own dishwashing detergent.  I also purchased several bread cooking recipes, from an online book club. Artisian bread making, heathly bread, and my bread... I LOVE THEM ALL! so home made bread is a 3 or 4 time a  week thing in my house. (and  I work a full time plus part time job)

I need to make further cut back this year, since I'm one of those county employees that due to budget cuts are now required to take unpaid days off (19 this year).

One way I plan on using is http://www.angelfoodministries.com/  to make grocery shopping a bit cheaper and more convenient!

the only draw back is you have to make sure you get the food picked up on the order day or otherwise its donated. But we have purchased from them for the last 2 months and have not been disappointed! 

I love angel food, the only thing is that sometimes we end up with things that I don't eat, in that case I just bring a little box to work to share with co-workers! But it's a very good deal, and we've ordered from them 12-15 times. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

emerri
« Reply #221 on: December 28, 2009 01:02:04 PM »

just sent in my info! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Taniquel
« Reply #222 on: December 28, 2009 01:07:03 PM »

Irish chicky - there are a bunch of free nappy/diaper patterns around - some here: http://www.thenappynetwork.org.nz/diy.php
and instructions for drafting your own pattern here: http://erinjoyquilts.blogspot.com/2008/05/tutorial-how-to-draft-cloth-diaper.html

thinking about joining....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Liralen

"What a crazy random happenstance."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: December 28, 2009 01:24:05 PM »

Oh my gosh this thread is long and it hasn't even started yet!

I finally got around to sending in my long, long info.  I'm angeling on another swap and have made myself the rule that I only do one swap at a time, but this isn't a big swap and I'm not 'technically' in another swap...  Looks like this will be a lot of fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Follow your inner moonlight, don't hide the madness."  -- Allen Ginsberg

http://musedcreations.blogspot.com
irish_chicky
« Reply #224 on: December 28, 2009 03:07:54 PM »

Irish chicky - there are a bunch of free nappy/diaper patterns around - some here: http://www.thenappynetwork.org.nz/diy.php
and instructions for drafting your own pattern here: http://erinjoyquilts.blogspot.com/2008/05/tutorial-how-to-draft-cloth-diaper.html

thinking about joining....

oh great! thank you for the link.

You should join!! It's going to be a fun one that's for sure!

Okay so my list of things I would like to be more frugal is growing bigger everyday Tongue

Lets see, dryer balls, cloth pads (night and day ones), home made laundry detergent (even just washing soda would be a huge help, I cant get it here) cloth diapers, draft stoppers, vegetarian recepies for 1. The list keeps growing Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in doing personal swaps!!!
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: December 28, 2009 04:25:03 PM »

Wow!  We're up to 35 participants.  GO US being all frugal and stuff! 

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: December 28, 2009 05:37:32 PM »

we have a real chatty bunch of crafty people here.......I leave the house and the computer for 7 hours and when I get back there are 3 more pages......and lots of fun ideas .....

I think I am going to have to send our wonderful organizers an "add on" to my orriginal info...........i have come up with so much more..........AND.. .. being that I live down here in the south..... the need for "keeping warm" is already taken care of......although I would love to make things for other people to keep warm with
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: December 28, 2009 06:19:52 PM »

we have a real chatty bunch of crafty people here.......I leave the house and the computer for 7 hours and when I get back there are 3 more pages......and lots of fun ideas .....

I think I am going to have to send our wonderful organizers an "add on" to my orriginal info...........i have come up with so much more..........AND.. .. being that I live down here in the south..... the need for "keeping warm" is already taken care of......although I would love to make things for other people to keep warm with

I know - lots ideas!  I'm loving it.

And feel free to send add ons!  If you could resend the whole thing so it's all together, that'd be great too!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Avabrowneyes

Genius is like lightning--it comes and it goes.

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 28, 2009 09:07:20 PM »

I like how you reorganized the list into categories, Kaz! I'm copying some of the ideas to my own list for frugal gift ideas in the coming year. Frugality is probably the only New Year's resolution I'll be able to keep. Smiley

Keep them coming peoples!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #229 on: December 28, 2009 09:20:25 PM »

Oy!  Please, please, please, I can't have a partner who wants something heavy like a box of washing soda or draft stoppers.  Sorry, but I can't afford the postage!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 157 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
4 Halloween Cake Decorating Tricks
How to Make a Brown Sugar Topped Banana Cake
Mark Isreal: Serving Innovation
Caitlyn & Caroline Try: Chocolates
HuffPost Taste Test: US Vs. UK Chocolates
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...