A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,061
Currently Running With Scissors:
459 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 157
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frugal Living Swap (SIGNUP CLOSED; MAIL BY 2/6/2010)  (Read 94801 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: December 26, 2009 08:11:15 PM »

I was on a swapping hiatus..but may come out of hiding for this swap Smiley

I am all about making reusable stuff!!

Come swap with us! Smiley  We promise not to tell everyone else you're out of hiding. Wink

hmm I've been thinking of things to be more frugal as well. I really need some new cloth pads with a wet sack. I dont like my cloth pads being to thick either, so I dont know what the best fabrics to use would be.  I can't get PUL fabric around here Sad I asked our local fabric store if they had any and they looked at me like I had two heads and had no idea what I was talking about Tongue

I was also thinking about swiffer wet covers good for picking up cat hair and light moping.

Hmm I'm trying to think of more, I'll have to pay attention to what I use everyday and see how I can do it more frugally.

I had the same problem when I asked about PUL.  Then again, I have a bunch without PUL, with just a fleece lining (perhaps two layers?  Not sure) that I love to death. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: December 26, 2009 08:14:04 PM »

hmm I've been thinking of things to be more frugal as well. I really need some new cloth pads with a wet sack. I dont like my cloth pads being to thick either, so I dont know what the best fabrics to use would be.  I can't get PUL fabric around here Sad I asked our local fabric store if they had any and they looked at me like I had two heads and had no idea what I was talking about Tongue

I was also thinking about swiffer wet covers good for picking up cat hair and light moping.

Hmm I'm trying to think of more, I'll have to pay attention to what I use everyday and see how I can do it more frugally.

ive done swiffer covers out of fleece forever...... and then realized that terrycloth works great for light moping as well as still getting all the hair/fur/dust........used to use "new" terrycloth......now I use (for me) old washcloths, towels.....
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009 08:15:43 PM by onegroovyday » THIS ROCKS   Logged

irish_chicky
« Reply #152 on: December 26, 2009 08:23:18 PM »

I have searched high and low for washing soda here, everywhere, I just can't get it. I dont like that I'll have to buy online, I can get borax here but no washing soda so I cant make my own laundry detergent, but I really want to.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in doing personal swaps!!!
dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #153 on: December 26, 2009 08:40:52 PM »

I also put on my questionnaire DIY healthcare items as I have no insurance.  Things like eucalyptus or peppermint oils or other items to help with sinus/allergy pain (like facial pain sized hot/cold rice packs), tea tree oil and maybe a crafted first aid bag to fill with gauze and other supplies, and such.

Oh, man, I'd love something to relive sinus pain right now.

ive done swiffer covers out of fleece forever...... and then realized that terrycloth works great for light moping as well as still getting all the hair/fur/dust........used to use "new" terrycloth......now I use (for me) old washcloths, towels.....

I LOVE my fleece swiffer covers! They get used all the time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

guacaMolly
« Reply #154 on: December 26, 2009 09:16:32 PM »

I would love more cloth pads as well as swiffer covers.... one thing I've been coveting on etsy is fun reusable lunch bags

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=35960447

and utensil rolls

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=35602599

I bring my lunch to work almost every day, and that would make it so much more fun and eco-friendly! I have two reusable snack/ziplock type bags, and would love to have more. This thread is already so much fun to read through! I can't imagine the actual swapping goodness.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

itchyfingers

Baby is here - at long last!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: December 26, 2009 10:36:08 PM »

WOW!  I'm gone for a day and there are about five more pages than when I was on last night!  This is the place to be, apparently!

Soooo many good ideas!  I actually should have asked for cloth pads, too.  Maybe if my partner happens to make them, I will.  I'm preggers at the moment and have no need for them, but will need some heavy duty ones at the birth of this kid, especially as our hospital decided not to provide pads anymore in the maternity ward  Angry!!!  I'm also interested in breast pads, although I do like them really thin so they don't show through my shirts all the time.  That's why I've ended up using gerber with all my kids.  But hey, I'm saving a FORTUNE just by breastfeeding and skipping the formula, so I guess it isn't so bad.

This has been great to read - my Christmas was a bit of a letdown unfortunately. Sad  One weird sister-in-law who had an interesting interpretation of what I'd like for Christmas in our gift exchange (Paint-on nail design templates?!  I don't even where nail polish!) and all my homemade gifts paling in comparison to hers  Cry  But what can you do, right?  Oh, yes, you come on Craftster and cheer yourself up with all the absolutely wonderful people here!! I love you guys!!

And I can't wait for this swap to start.  My mind needs a positive direction to go in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baby number four is here and he's a boy!!  Time to start using all the great stuff I got from a bunch of Craftster friends:
Baby Shower in a Box

Wists
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: December 27, 2009 12:47:20 AM »

I can definitely make kits for homemade detergent, it would be soap shreds, borax and washing soda and the recipe to make it, you would need a big pot to boil it in and a recycled detergent type container and water. Or I suppose I could figure out the kind that is just dry, but I really really love the liquid homemade detergent, I don't think the powdered kind dissolves enough (but we do all our washing in cold water)

Smitten! DO IT!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/13

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
pops

this kittens' nose demands kisses...

« Reply #157 on: December 27, 2009 02:29:12 AM »

well i just found this thread and i'm signed up! Cheesy
january = skint!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smittenheart

Let go of what's already gone..

« Reply #158 on: December 27, 2009 08:28:02 AM »

maremare...aahh!! peer pressure Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

its ME!!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=327537.0

http://cowandpigdesigns.etsy.com
http://cowandpigdesigns.blogspot.com
Soap licking is dangerous..please dont try it at home

will trade some soap for a superhero cape which will be used by the kid in my avatar ^^
irish_chicky
« Reply #159 on: December 27, 2009 08:48:15 AM »

I can definitely make kits for homemade detergent, it would be soap shreds, borax and washing soda and the recipe to make it, you would need a big pot to boil it in and a recycled detergent type container and water. Or I suppose I could figure out the kind that is just dry, but I really really love the liquid homemade detergent, I don't think the powdered kind dissolves enough (but we do all our washing in cold water)

Smitten! DO IT!

This would be amazing!!! Everyone should have a huge pot laying around anyways Tongue I'll be saving my liguid detergent containers in hopes of geting a DIY kit.

I was thinking about other things that would make life frugal, and does anyone know how to make a soap and oil free face cleanser? I get Olay usually but would love some home made stuff, maybe with some tea tree in it for some disinfectant power. I have very sensitive/acne prone skin. A nice light scrub would be great too! OOO and some facial toner, I love olay's toner, but again if I could make a big batch to last me a life time at a fraction of the cost that does the same thing, heck, why not Tongue

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in doing personal swaps!!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 157 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Make-A-Wish: New York Model For A Day
How to Fill in Your Eyebrows to Make a Statement
3 Simple Ways to Spring Clean Your Skin
The Best & Worst Celebrity Beauty Looks Of The Week
4 Contouring Mistakes to Avoid
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...