A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,614
Currently Running With Scissors:
739 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 157
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frugal Living Swap (SIGNUP CLOSED; MAIL BY 2/6/2010)  (Read 92557 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #140 on: December 26, 2009 06:30:20 PM »

Some ladies might want sewn, reusable cloth panty liners and pads.

I have the coolest thing on my wist that I wish, wish, wish for that would be great for this swap.  I snagged the item off of onegroovyday's wist.  It's a reusable liquid soap bottle in the form of a vintage canning jar with a soap pump top.  
http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm/afbf7d6e2a0ab36030be9cdef848cd22?offset=0
How awesome a thingie is that?!?!

One of the things on my wishlist for this swap in my questionnaire was thick, fluffy, warm socks (not wool).  Previous damage makes it hard (pretty much impossible) for me to keep my toes warm in the winter (circulatory damage).  One of my frugal needs is to keep heating/cooling bills down.  Knitted/crocheted thick, fluffy, funny striped socks or tiedyed store bought thick cotton socks would be practical luxury for me.  I'm wondering if this would suit others, too.

I also put on my questionnaire DIY healthcare items as I have no insurance.  Things like eucalyptus or peppermint oils or other items to help with sinus/allergy pain (like facial pain sized hot/cold rice packs), tea tree oil and maybe a crafted first aid bag to fill with gauze and other supplies, and such.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
mink_bikini

A very proud Craftster best of 2012 awardee

« Reply #141 on: December 26, 2009 06:39:39 PM »

I've been thinking about things that I would like. 

I really, REALLY need a method of organizing my patterns.  Right now they're in a big bin and in order to find what I'm looking for, I have to rifle through the whole bin. 

Oooh me too, except mine are in huge plastic bags which is got to be an even worse way to store them and I never find what I want and end up making the pattern up which seems silly.

I am really looking forward to this swap, I would love some snack bags and a ton of other things ... I know I'm just greedy!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tanza
Angel in the making....

« Reply #142 on: December 26, 2009 07:01:50 PM »

I've been thinking about things that I would like. 

I really, REALLY need a method of organizing my patterns.  Right now they're in a big bin and in order to find what I'm looking for, I have to rifle through the whole bin. 

Why just this very afternoon I had to run out to the fabric store and buy a pattern that I KNOW I already have....somewhere.  (Apparently I need a bigger bin)

been there done that before, Now I have mine in mushroom boxes, labeled, "kids" "mens" "womens" and "craft"

got a heap cut out ready to sew and no one to send 'em to......(I don't need 'em no more see and dd will only use them at night, which I suppose is a half win?)

Aikibookworm what about ones sewn from thick fleece fabric? I have several patterns here and for those who don't they are easy to make one up.

I just cut up our really old tent to keep the canvas for tarps, I also cut some of the side flap(ghastly orange color though) to make planter bags out of......will post photos when I am done.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: December 26, 2009 07:11:10 PM »

got a heap cut out ready to sew and no one to send 'em to......(I don't need 'em no more see and dd will only use them at night, which I suppose is a half win?)

Aikibookworm what about ones sewn from thick fleece fabric? I have several patterns here and for those who don't they are easy to make one up.

I just cut up our really old tent to keep the canvas for tarps, I also cut some of the side flap(ghastly orange color though) to make planter bags out of......will post photos when I am done.

I love my cloth pads (and always want more!) - ladies, if you're on the fence about them, they are SO much more comfortable than store bought.  And really, not a pain to wash at all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: December 26, 2009 07:42:38 PM »

just sent my info in.............i need something to fill my time ...........going through this "I dont know what to do with myself after christmas" crafting withdraw..........
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

« Reply #145 on: December 26, 2009 07:56:46 PM »

Heh.  You're welcome to come give my house a very thorough cleaning and reorganization.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
smittenheart

Let go of what's already gone..

« Reply #146 on: December 26, 2009 07:59:46 PM »

I was on a swapping hiatus..but may come out of hiding for this swap Smiley

I am all about making reusable stuff!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

its ME!!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=327537.0

http://cowandpigdesigns.etsy.com
http://cowandpigdesigns.blogspot.com
Soap licking is dangerous..please dont try it at home

will trade some soap for a superhero cape which will be used by the kid in my avatar ^^
onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: December 26, 2009 08:05:50 PM »

Heh.  You're welcome to come give my house a very thorough cleaning and reorganization.

organization is my middle name.... should be my first, but I think my friends would have a hard time switching.....if ya lived closer I would be over tomorrow... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

irish_chicky
« Reply #148 on: December 26, 2009 08:06:34 PM »

hmm I've been thinking of things to be more frugal as well. I really need some new cloth pads with a wet sack. I dont like my cloth pads being to thick either, so I dont know what the best fabrics to use would be.  I can't get PUL fabric around here Sad I asked our local fabric store if they had any and they looked at me like I had two heads and had no idea what I was talking about Tongue

I was also thinking about swiffer wet covers good for picking up cat hair and light moping.

Hmm I'm trying to think of more, I'll have to pay attention to what I use everyday and see how I can do it more frugally.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in doing personal swaps!!!
onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: December 26, 2009 08:08:34 PM »

I have the coolest thing on my wist that I wish, wish, wish for that would be great for this swap.  I snagged the item off of onegroovyday's wist.  It's a reusable liquid soap bottle in the form of a vintage canning jar with a soap pump top.  
http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm/afbf7d6e2a0ab36030be9cdef848cd22?offset=0
How awesome a thingie is that?!?!

Yeah, when I found that .....i was like.... woo hoo.....LOVE IT......its one of the coolest.......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 157 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Find Scrapbook Stores
How to Organize Your Scrapbook Supplies
How to Make a Collage Sheet
How to Make a Photo Collage
How to Make a Cartoon Collage
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...