A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,752
Currently Running With Scissors:
637 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 157
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frugal Living Swap (SIGNUP CLOSED; MAIL BY 2/6/2010)  (Read 93589 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lydiaharper
« Reply #120 on: December 26, 2009 06:59:10 AM »

i make lists all day every day from what needs to be cleaned that day to what i have to do that day to what to craft that day lmao my bf thinks it is crazy lol
[/quote]

That sounds just like me!  I don't think I can get anything done without a list.  Everyone makes fun of me, too!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

mamarose22
« Reply #121 on: December 26, 2009 08:51:01 AM »

Ok.  I just skimmed through the rest of the thread.
Amazing ideas!  LOVE the plarn thing.....if only I knew how to knit or crochet.  I wonder if you could hook it like yarn hooked rugs?  
I've used plarn to make plastic canvas boxes.  I've even seen plastic canvas and plarn used for earrings on Etsy. 
Re felted soap, I'm curious as to what the felting is used for.  Is it for exfoliating like one of you suggested?  Do you use store bought bars of soap or do you make your own when you felt it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
http://www.wists.com/mamarose22
SAHMama
« Reply #122 on: December 26, 2009 10:41:16 AM »

This looks like fun! I bookmarked it & I'm hoping to join, but I gotta finish some stuff I was putting off 'til after Christmas first.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pantsafari
« Reply #123 on: December 26, 2009 12:14:13 PM »

I sent my info earlier this morning!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The never ending quest for pants continues...
donniesgirl
« Reply #124 on: December 26, 2009 01:05:55 PM »

Oh and thanks to donniesgirl for posting about Dave Ramsey!  I just opened a savings account in order to get a credit card with a lower rate (gah, citibank ... 24%??? Really?  Now I'll be down to 9.9% ... easier to pay off sooner!) so his site's gotten me ready to rethink my budget in the coming year!

I was soooo glad we were following his plan when DH got laid off a couple months ago!  We had been chunking extra money at my car loan & literally paid it off the same month his company shut his division down.  So there was several hundred extra dollars in payments we didn't have to worry about!  If you can't catch his radio show, he also has a free podcast.

http://www.daveramsey.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mizell
Give me yarn or give me death!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #125 on: December 26, 2009 01:22:55 PM »

Oh and thanks to donniesgirl for posting about Dave Ramsey!  I just opened a savings account in order to get a credit card with a lower rate (gah, citibank ... 24%??? Really?  Now I'll be down to 9.9% ... easier to pay off sooner!) so his site's gotten me ready to rethink my budget in the coming year!

I was soooo glad we were following his plan when DH got laid off a couple months ago!  We had been chunking extra money at my car loan & literally paid it off the same month his company shut his division down.  So there was several hundred extra dollars in payments we didn't have to worry about!  If you can't catch his radio show, he also has a free podcast.

Dang, that is awesome! Not that he got laid off, but that you guys had your things in order. You never know when something like that will happen..it pays to be prepared!!
Thanks for the link to the podcast, I will check it out for sure!
http://www.daveramsey.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One year of marriage and he's still alive!!
Personal Swaps Are Go
Crafty detective swap:sending soon
Alphabet inchies: sent
Frugal swap 2: signed up
yarnies vs sewists: awaiting partners
http://www.wists.com/cmizell
Blog: everyone else has one! http://knitkitsch.blogspot.com/
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: December 26, 2009 01:59:29 PM »

I would like to formally welcome and thank donniesgirl for volunteering to co-organize!  She's organized a bunch of swaps, so hopefully she'll be able to keep me from making any big mistakes.  Woo hoo!  Smiley

Thank you so much!

And thanks as well to everyone who volunteered.  You all rock!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #127 on: December 26, 2009 02:38:04 PM »

I am contemplating joining this swap, but I will be headed back to the uk for grad school and my stash primarily stays in the states.... hmmm....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mammallama
« Reply #128 on: December 26, 2009 03:35:49 PM »

Re felted soap, I'm curious as to what the felting is used for.  Is it for exfoliating like one of you suggested?  Do you use store bought bars of soap or do you make your own when you felt it?

The felting, besides making the soap 'pretty', does indeed exfoliate and the lanolin in the wool helps moisturize your skin.  I've only used it for a short while (it was a newly discovered craft I thought I'd try).  I'm making some for my friend and her husband who are both avid gardeners.  The wool felt will help clean all the dirt off their hands and the lanolin will help their hands from drying out.  In theory, anyway.  LOL! 

I used a small bar of hotel soap for my first bar and some handmade soap for the second bar.  I don't make soap...always wanted to but haven't given it a try yet.  In the meantime, I'll continue to support the artisan soapmakers and buy it.  LOL!   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lydiaharper
« Reply #129 on: December 26, 2009 04:15:16 PM »

I love working with upcycled felted wool.  I wonder if you could make  faux felted soap by sewing a little pouch to encase the soap.  I guess it would be kinda the same thing as the soap savers?  Would it be reusable or is it a one time thing?  I've never used felted soap before incase you can't tell.  LOL

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 157 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Grey Hair in Photoshop
How to Make Your Model Slimmer in Photoshop
How To Upload HD Video in Sony Vegas
How to Apply Digital Tattoos
How to Create Sound in After Effects
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...