A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 298,688
Currently Running With Scissors:
729 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 157
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frugal Living Swap (SIGNUP CLOSED; MAIL BY 2/6/2010)  (Read 100717 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mammallama
« Reply #110 on: December 25, 2009 08:30:56 PM »

OOoooo!!   Making a list is a good idea.  I forget easily.   Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mizell
Give me yarn or give me death!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #111 on: December 25, 2009 08:35:11 PM »

I would die without lists! I make one for everything..the bad part is that I usually forget to bring them to the store with me..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One year of marriage and he's still alive!!
Personal Swaps Are Go
Crafty detective swap:sending soon
Alphabet inchies: sent
Frugal swap 2: signed up
yarnies vs sewists: awaiting partners
http://www.wists.com/cmizell
Blog: everyone else has one! http://knitkitsch.blogspot.com/
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: December 25, 2009 08:40:18 PM »

When I don't make a list, I tend to overspend.  This is especially true at the craft/fabric shop ... then again, I sometimes overspend then too.   Embarrassed

mammallama - what do you mean, you felted bars of soap?  Is it like the 'soap sack' idea, except with wool/felt?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's time to enter your favorite breakfast recipes in the Get 'Em Up Breakfast Recipe Challenge!  Post Nov. 23- Nov. 30!  Vote Dec. 1-7!
Avabrowneyes

Genius is like lightning--it comes and it goes.

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 25, 2009 08:44:09 PM »

When I don't make a list, I tend to overspend.  This is especially true at the craft/fabric shop ... then again, I sometimes overspend then too.   Embarrassed

Wow...I have to admit that making a list to shop in the craft store has never, ever occurred to me. In fact, when I get a phone call from my parents while out and say that I'm "playing", they know exactly what type of store I'm in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

itchyfingers

Baby is here - at long last!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: December 25, 2009 08:52:46 PM »

Well, I'm good at making lists, but I'm not good at keeping them.  As in, they go into purse or pocket and randomly jump out at the first store I go to.  The other night, on my five store shopping spree (primarily for groceries to get me through the next week, but for some gifts, as well), I was in Wal Mart and suddenly couldn't find my list.  I had to retrace all my steps and finally found it where I had started retracing!  But at least I found it...usually it falls out into mud in the parking lot or worse, on my way to the van when I'm still at home - where it never does me any good!  So maybe I need to request some sort of insert for my purse that could hold my list..with a vinyl cover like an ID holder. Ooooh, now I'm full of ideas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baby number four is here and he's a boy!!  Time to start using all the great stuff I got from a bunch of Craftster friends:
Baby Shower in a Box

Wists
mammallama
« Reply #115 on: December 25, 2009 09:14:13 PM »

mammallama - what do you mean, you felted bars of soap?  Is it like the 'soap sack' idea, except with wool/felt?

Yes, sort of.  It's actually just wet felting onto a bar of soap.  I took the wool roving and sort of placed it all over the soap and then started 'agitating' it with hot water and friction. 

Here's a pic.  http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m162/snaarkums/feltedsoap.jpg

The one I'm holding is the first one I made....not quite enough wool roving.   The bar on the right is ready for use. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mammallama
« Reply #116 on: December 25, 2009 10:07:11 PM »

Now I can hardly sleep....thinking about all these great ideas. 

Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
psychonmemphis
« Reply #117 on: December 26, 2009 12:33:00 AM »

I would die without lists! I make one for everything..the bad part is that I usually forget to bring them to the store with me..
i make lists all day every day from what needs to be cleaned that day to what i have to do that day to what to craft that day lmao my bf thinks it is crazy lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

13 Days of Halloween: co-organizing
Coraline swap rd 4: organizing
 http://www.etsy.com/shop/psychonmemphis
I would really like to swap for a quilt for christmas, i will swap anything from supplies,crafts to my etsy shop items! please pm me asap!
kaz814
Cooking Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: December 26, 2009 05:54:35 AM »

i make lists all day every day from what needs to be cleaned that day to what i have to do that day to what to craft that day lmao my bf thinks it is crazy lol

I'm a list lover too ... doesn't always work, mind you, to keep me on task, but it helps.

Yes, sort of.  It's actually just wet felting onto a bar of soap.  I took the wool roving and sort of placed it all over the soap and then started 'agitating' it with hot water and friction. 

Here's a pic.  http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m162/snaarkums/feltedsoap.jpg

The one I'm holding is the first one I made....not quite enough wool roving.   The bar on the right is ready for use. 

That soap looks awesome, mammallama!  I bet it's great for exfoliating. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's time to enter your favorite breakfast recipes in the Get 'Em Up Breakfast Recipe Challenge!  Post Nov. 23- Nov. 30!  Vote Dec. 1-7!
kaz814
Cooking Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: December 26, 2009 05:56:24 AM »

Wow!  21 participants.  Cheesy  Go us with our frugal selves!

Anyhoodle, is there anyone with swap organizing experience (and time!) to be co-organizer?  We've got well over a week of signups left, so it's quite possible we'll exceed 25, which means I need a co-organizer.  Smiley

Please pm me!

Oh - and while I'm making this Public Service Announcement, I'll be traveling tomorrow for most of the day.  I'll check back in tomorrow night, though, at my grandmother's house!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 157 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn About Art Canvases
Learning About Different Painting tools
How to Make a Paint Pallet
How to Create A Drawing Space
How to Find Inspiration for Paintings
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...