A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,116
Currently Running With Scissors:
359 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 157
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frugal Living Swap (SIGNUP CLOSED; MAIL BY 2/6/2010)  (Read 95120 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tanza
Angel in the making....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #100 on: December 25, 2009 01:43:54 AM »

you can use lupin seed instead of flax seed, rice or corn.

I have found it stays heated for longer.

I make mine in different shapes for the kids, bunnies, bears etc. I made a uterus shaped one once.....sent it unstuffed as it was coming from Aust.

I like the big square bottom shopping bags they hold more.

I also thought, not that I need one, a purse organiser, great for school bags too if you make them a little bigger, that way you have all you need and can just drag it from 1 bag to another.

I need to make a new handbag, with lots of pockets. I bought 3 leather bags to hack up to do it, just need to motivate.

Tomorrow is a good day to start, boxing day is always a good day to get to it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
guacaMolly
« Reply #101 on: December 25, 2009 04:06:20 PM »

I made a rice heating pack for my bf... I don't think it smells... yet... but how much do flax seeds cost??

Oh, I'm sure his warmy sack will be fine! I think it's just with some rice and over a long period of time, I'm really not sure as I've never had a rice one myself, and I'm just talking of complaints I've heard from other people who have had them. I don't think the smell is unpleasant to everyone. Rice bags are still wonderful alternatives to medicine and falling asleep with heating pads (like I used to do!). I purchase non food grade flax seed in bulk at my local seed & feed store. A 50 pound bag is $46, and I use about 1.5 pounds per warmy sack, so it's not too bad if you plan on using a lot of it. I'm not sure about finding smaller quantities.  Huh
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009 04:06:56 PM by guacaMolly » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: December 25, 2009 04:22:45 PM »

Now I want to make some of these warmy sacks ... mine smells like flowers - which isn't unpleasant necessarily, but there are some times when I am not in the mood for flowery.

Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote now for the New-To-You Recipe Cooking Challenge!
Mizell
Give me yarn or give me death!

« Reply #103 on: December 25, 2009 04:33:40 PM »

yay I'm in! This is going to be an awesome swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One year of marriage and he's still alive!!
Personal Swaps Are Go
Crafty detective swap:sending soon
Alphabet inchies: sent
Frugal swap 2: signed up
yarnies vs sewists: awaiting partners
http://www.wists.com/cmizell
Blog: everyone else has one! http://knitkitsch.blogspot.com/
lydiaharper
« Reply #104 on: December 25, 2009 06:46:47 PM »

Wow! I haven't checked this thread since yesterday morning, and boy has it boomed!  I am really excited for this swap.  I think I'm gonna check more into Dave Ramsey (brought on by pp suggestion). 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

psychonmemphis
« Reply #105 on: December 25, 2009 07:19:05 PM »

merry christmas everyone! i promised myself i would stop doing swaps for like a month but i could not help it lmao since this ones sign up ends on my b-day i had to it was a sign lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

13 Days of Halloween: co-organizing
Coraline swap rd 4: organizing
 http://www.etsy.com/shop/psychonmemphis
I would really like to swap for a quilt for christmas, i will swap anything from supplies,crafts to my etsy shop items! please pm me asap!
cjclark
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.

Inside a dog it's too dark to read.

« Reply #106 on: December 25, 2009 07:33:21 PM »

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. Ours here was great.. we had snow in Dallas (Texas). Our first white Christmas in 85 years!

I have a little list going of ideas for this swap. I can't wait til we get partners and I can start getting specific for my partner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Woohoo! Baby Clark is on the way. Due October 24th.
mammallama
« Reply #107 on: December 25, 2009 07:55:59 PM »

I just signed up for the swap but I need to get CHATTY!!  LOL!  I guess I'm the quiet type.  I don't have 15 posts yet.

Off to read the rest of the thread and then I'll come back with some ideas. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: December 25, 2009 08:08:07 PM »

Welcome, mammallamma!  You'll get up to 15 in no time - there are so many good ideas on this thread, it's almost impossible not to comment!

Oh and thanks to donniesgirl for posting about Dave Ramsey!  I just opened a savings account in order to get a credit card with a lower rate (gah, citibank ... 24%??? Really?  Now I'll be down to 9.9% ... easier to pay off sooner!) so his site's gotten me ready to rethink my budget in the coming year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote now for the New-To-You Recipe Cooking Challenge!
mammallama
« Reply #109 on: December 25, 2009 08:17:16 PM »

Ok.  I just skimmed through the rest of the thread.

Amazing ideas!  LOVE the plarn thing.....if only I knew how to knit or crochet.  I wonder if you could hook it like yarn hooked rugs?  

I love to recycle/upcycle items that would otherwise be trashed.  My hubby works in the OR and they frequently use surgical packs that contain cotton towels  (also called huck cloth) but they throw the unused, sterile towels away!   My hubby started bringing them home and I started grabbing them up!  

I've made baby burp cloths, dish cloths (cotton on one side and nylon mesh that some produce comes in on the other....great for scouring pans), lavender sachet bags, gift pouches, lunch bags...all sorts of things, out of the towels.  They wash up beautifully.

I also like to repurpose clothes.  I'm looking at a pile of felted sweaters as I type.....going to make a pair of wool slippers for my dad and iphone cases for my sisters.  

Mincemeat....I don't think I've ever tried mincemeat.  I'm a pretty adventurous eater, though.   Wink

I've seen things made out of wrappers/juice boxes, etc.  Those always intrigued me but I haven't tried any yet.  

Those soap savers sound great.  I recently have discovered wool felting and have wet felted a few bars of soap.  I must say...my hands are definitely softer.  

Would love to join the swap!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 157 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Clay Pot Rice in Hong Kong
Hong Kong Egg Tarts
How to Make Sambal and Coconut Rice
Asian Style Seared Duck Breast
Stinky Tofu in Hong Kong
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...