A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 300,921
Currently Running With Scissors:
614 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 157
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frugal Living Swap (SIGNUP CLOSED; MAIL BY 2/6/2010)  (Read 103762 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

itchyfingers

Baby is here - at long last!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: December 24, 2009 12:33:00 AM »

I have some plarn that I started making about three years ago...it's right under my desk where I left it....three years ago. Cheesy 

I love this thread!!!  There are so many ideas for this swap - I don't think any of us will have much trouble crafting for it. 

I'm envious of all who crochet.  I can't do it.  Cry  My sis-in-law is supposed to teach me...but it hasn't happened yet.  She makes these great toques (oops, winter hats Smiley) and I'm so impressed with her skill...but try as I might to teach myself I just can't.  I'm one of those people that must have actual physical instruction in something to learn it.  My MIL taught me how to knit just before I got married and I've managed to figure out a lot more than she taught me, but the actual casting on and making knit and purl stitches just went in one..eye? and out the other if I looked at it in a book.  I've even tried watching how to videos on YouTube to learn to crochet and it just doesn't work for me.  Anyway, I always laugh when people who crochet say that knitting looks so difficult, because I feel just the opposite.

Yada, yada, yada...up late again and tomorrow is CHRISTMAS EVE!  Happy _______ everyone! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baby number four is here and he's a boy!!  Time to start using all the great stuff I got from a bunch of Craftster friends:
Baby Shower in a Box

Wists
Ariethine
« Reply #81 on: December 24, 2009 01:00:43 AM »

I'm one of those people... I can't knit to save my life.. I don't know how to get a loose enough gauge to do it... It always gets TOO loose, or TOO tight, no matter what. And then I drop stitches... then I'm like *$#!#@!!!!! I can't do it... Crochet is my thing. I'll probably never stop occasionally trying to learn to knit.. but I'll probably never get it either. I'm envious that you can knit.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tanza
Angel in the making....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #82 on: December 24, 2009 04:10:42 AM »

merry christmas everyone.
It is 8 pm Christmas eve here in Australia.

I was making up the kids lollie stocking yesterday and thought wow all these bags would make an awesome shopping bag if I melted them all together with the iron and sewed it up.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: December 24, 2009 05:38:33 AM »

I would love a kit/recipes on making household cleaners! I've wanted to replace my Comet, Endust, and 409 for a long time, but don't really know how to get started. Weak, I know,  Undecided

I also would like a soap saver, I've only used my mom's handmade soap for the last 12 years, and as we haven't had a soapmaking day together in oh.... maybe a year and a half.... our stash is finally dwindling! Bad news.

One thing I made a ton of this holiday season is flax seed warmer bags, aka 'warmy sacks'. Really good for chronic pain and cold beds. I find when I use mine instead of going to the Motrin right away, I often don't have to take anything.

Anyway, I see tons of stuff I'd love, and getting some good ideas.

Oooh, the flax seed 'warmy sack' sounds lovely!  I have one that goes on my neck that I took to bed with me last night.  It isn't the right shape for it, but it was toasty (if smelly).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: December 24, 2009 05:40:34 AM »

merry christmas everyone.
It is 8 pm Christmas eve here in Australia.

I was making up the kids lollie stocking yesterday and thought wow all these bags would make an awesome shopping bag if I melted them all together with the iron and sewed it up.....

That sounds so cool!

Merry Christmas Eve to those who celebrate it (and Happy Thursday to those who don't!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cjclark
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.

Inside a dog it's too dark to read.

« Reply #85 on: December 24, 2009 08:27:08 AM »

I agree the flax seed warmie sack sounds very nice. We heat our house with a wood stove. The stove is in the kitchen and the master bedroom is about as far from the kitchen as you could get. So, warming something up and putting at the foot of the bed so it's not so chilly would be nice. I get headaches a lot, but my doc has me put icepacks on my neck as it's an inflammation thing but, warmie sack for my feet would be nice. The dog gets mad when I have her jump up on the bed, get it all warm and then make her get off. :-P

That recycled yarn tutorial is cool. I think in my after Christmas shopping expeditions I'll be going to the thrift store to check the seams in some sweaters. Hmm, or I might dive into my husbands sweater drawer. You know, the one he has never opened at all in the 4 years I've known him. :-P Tons of wool sweaters. Not even his size anymore. Just hanging out. Yep, he'll never miss one or two. ;-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Woohoo! Baby Clark is on the way. Due October 24th.
dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

« Reply #86 on: December 24, 2009 10:06:18 AM »

I'm envious of all who crochet.  I can't do it.  Cry  My sis-in-law is supposed to teach me...but it hasn't happened yet.  She makes these great toques (oops, winter hats Smiley) and I'm so impressed with her skill...but try as I might to teach myself I just can't.  I'm one of those people that must have actual physical instruction in something to learn it.  My MIL taught me how to knit just before I got married and I've managed to figure out a lot more than she taught me, but the actual casting on and making knit and purl stitches just went in one..eye? and out the other if I looked at it in a book.  I've even tried watching how to videos on YouTube to learn to crochet and it just doesn't work for me.  Anyway, I always laugh when people who crochet say that knitting looks so difficult, because I feel just the opposite.

I wish I could crochet. There is just something about the single stick that throws me off. I bought the Happy Hooker a couple years ago, because I learned to knit from Stitch and Bitch, but, no luck.

Toques, eh? I love that word.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Avabrowneyes

Genius is like lightning--it comes and it goes.

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 24, 2009 11:03:09 AM »

I wish I could crochet. There is just something about the single stick that throws me off.

LOL--I was just trying to knit with proper knitting needles and thinking, "Good lord, how does anyone do this stuff with two freakin' sticks and not worry about putting someone's eye out?!" (Yeah, I'm a crocheter)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PixieVal

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: December 24, 2009 03:25:13 PM »

Happy Christmas to all my Christmas folks. To those who are not- Happy end of the week!  Smiley

I've had a word doc open on my computer desktop today working on my admendum(spelling) to my questionaire. I've been thinking of all sorts of things. With the interest there is in this swap so far, I wouldn't be surprised if there was one every few months.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: December 24, 2009 05:12:27 PM »

Awesome, I think I'm gonna sign up, I really want to not sign up for any swaps unless I'm stash busting! I'm going on a Mediterranean cruise next year and then spending time in Italy, England, and Spain, so I really need to save up!

I would really love some reusable swiffer duster covers, and maybe some coupon containers/organizers. And maybe a cozy for a small calculator to keep in my purse so I can keep track of what's in my cart when I go grocery shopping. And probably some other organizer type things, when I'm more organized I'm more likely to use what I already have rather than buying more stuff just because I can't find something! I could definitely use some shopping bags too...only I kinda like the giant square bottom ones, instead of the plastic bag style ones? And a piggy bank/jar.

I need to read back through some of these pages, but I can make soap, etc, soap savers, dishwashing detergent, liquid laundry detergent kits (all the dry ingredients, you would need  large recycled containers and water and boil the ingredients together), crocheted or sewn items, mmm, not sure what else. Ooh, I love to crochet dishcloths/washcloths and I have a ton of pattern books on them, a quilted lap blanket would be fun to make to. Recycled paper stationary/note cards/shopping lists?

And I'm another crocheter who thinks knitting is impossible! lol   Grin
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009 05:29:00 PM by MareMare - Reason: keep adding more stuff! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 157 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Baby Chicken Costume
How to Make Stylish Yarn Bangle Bracelets
Best Dressed Celebrities: Kate Hudson, Blake Lively, Alessandra Ambrosio
Retail Stores That Offer Student Discounts
China Is The Fastest Growing Luxury Market
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...