A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,040
Currently Running With Scissors:
680 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 157
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frugal Living Swap (SIGNUP CLOSED; MAIL BY 2/6/2010)  (Read 94706 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2009 05:50:12 AM »

I find this swap very exiting, but I'm not sure whether to sign up... I've never participated in any swap before and I don't know whether I would be crafty enough... My main craft is beading, you see. Another reason is I live in the Netherlands, which could make sending out a bit more complicated. On the other hand, frugal living was why I started crafting in the first place, so this just yells "participate!" to me. What do you think? *feels unconfident*
Undecided
Join us!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2009 06:52:14 AM »

I find this swap very exiting, but I'm not sure whether to sign up... I've never participated in any swap before and I don't know whether I would be crafty enough... My main craft is beading, you see. Another reason is I live in the Netherlands, which could make sending out a bit more complicated. On the other hand, frugal living was why I started crafting in the first place, so this just yells "participate!" to me. What do you think? *feels unconfident*
Undecided

Come swap with us!  It'll be fun and I can think of a lot of things where beading would make frugal things all the prettier!  Napkins, books and journals of all kinds, bags, baskets, stationery ... the list could go on!  You could also reclaim fabric/yarn for your partner. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cjclark
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.

Inside a dog it's too dark to read.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2009 08:24:45 AM »

Just sent in my questionnaire. I've been reading the down-to-Earth blog forever - it has great stuff! Another thing y'all might enjoy is the Tightwad Gazette book. Full of crazy ideas :-)
http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Tightwad-Gazette-Amy-Dacyczyn/dp/0375752250/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1261585006&sr=8-1

I think a soap saver might be good. My husband will never use a washcloth and once the soap gets small and breaks he just lets it go down the drain. I am currently using up an enormous supply of body wash I've accumulated. Everyone I know seems to think bodywash is a good gift for me. For awhile it just stacked up and then we got on a money saving mindset and I organized it all so it is getting used. I don't think we've purchased shampoo, soap, bodywash or toothpaste since we got our bathroom cabinet organized. :-)

I'm guessing no one can craft me a container for the 50lb bags of flour my husband is fond of buying... would be too tricky to mail. :-P He's really into baking bread! You know, I've just thought of something else. Maybe if your partner wants to try say, eating more beans or vegetarian meals or baking bread you could make them up a little kit. We have a lot of extra bread pans, or I could look at the thrift store for one, include a few recipes and any special ingredients they need (like one bread recipe we make a lot takes potato flour and nonfat dry milk powder). Sort of a frugal skill getting started kit. Same for gardening (if you garden) you could spruce up a pot with painting or mosaic or something, include some seeds and some homemade/embellished/repurposed gloves and some plant markers. Just some random ideas. :-)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Woohoo! Baby Clark is on the way. Due October 24th.
itchyfingers

Baby is here - at long last!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2009 08:47:24 AM »

Great ideas, cjclark!!  And yay, you're here! Cheesy  I was chuckling at the 50lb bag of flour comment...I can't imagine my husband even knowing where to find flour in the store, let alone making bread!  Let's just say he's not a very domestic man. Smiley
As for the way you're feeling, Ninzip, I felt a little like that on my first swap and since then I've learned how to do so many new things, both with crafts I already knew how to do and brand new ones.  Swaps have been stretching my abilities and creativity - I've decided they're good brain food.  Grin
I have my own design for a soapsaver so my partner will almost definitely be getting one..even if they don't ask for it. Wink  I've made about six of them for my family for Christmas and they're super quick and cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baby number four is here and he's a boy!!  Time to start using all the great stuff I got from a bunch of Craftster friends:
Baby Shower in a Box

Wists
holistic knitter
Current Swaps:

Peace comes from within

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2009 08:56:42 AM »

Love the idea of this swap, especially using up stuff from stash
I'm in  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mini 12 Days of Christmas Swap 2014 - Crafting
Mabon Swap - awaiting partners

http://craftywelshwoman.blogspot.co.uk/p/info-for-swap-partners.html
http://pinterest.com/lynda_dykstra/
lindsayrose
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2009 09:43:06 AM »

I want to sign upppppppppppp. WOOOT. I've been looking forward to this swap. And holy cow with the down to earth blog. It's exactly the time of place I've been looking for!

I'm also stoked because I asked for a lot of yarn for Christmas so I can totally dig into that without spending any money >,<

I have to fill out my questionnaire!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ninzip
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2009 10:32:08 AM »

Thanks, you just gave me the little extra confidence I needed... I'm in too!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blupaisan

crayyyyyyzeeeeeee about cats!!!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/WackobelleEarrings

« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2009 11:27:52 AM »

i am gonna join, not just because i am soooo into frugal living already and i'm addicted to swaps, but because everyone in this swap sounds so durn NICE!!
;-)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

It were lightnin'...
cjclark
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.

Inside a dog it's too dark to read.

« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2009 11:58:17 AM »

Hmmm... since we are encouraged to use our stash, I wonder if I could sneak in a little sewing now... ;-) Get a head start and all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Woohoo! Baby Clark is on the way. Due October 24th.
ineedart
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2009 12:01:07 PM »

Hmmm...I am really thinking about joining this swap! It sounds like so much fun and I really like the thrifty theme.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.   ~Pablo Picasso

Looking for small but interesting scraps to make I Spy Quilts for my kids...will swap other fabric or ??
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 157 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Steamed Pork Buns
How to Make Shrimp and Tofu Pad Thai
Food Lovers Gourmet City, Bangalore
How to Cook a Healthy Beef-Broccoli Stir-Fry
Light Szechuan Pork Stir Fry Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...