A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,715
Currently Running With Scissors:
801 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 157
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frugal Living Swap (SIGNUP CLOSED; MAIL BY 2/6/2010)  (Read 93452 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

angelofmusic

Cinderella's Castle: from the Rose Garden

View Profile WWW
« Reply #650 on: January 06, 2010 09:00:57 PM »

Best eating in the world:

A mom and pop restaurant in the South with rough hewn wooden walls, rolls of paper towels at each table, and where you spread newspaper on the table, and they spill out a big tub of boiled fresh crawfish and corn on the cob.

That goes for BBQ too! We always say if it's tumble down and looks like it should be condemned, it probably has great BBQ!

Has anyone mentioned PainlessFrugality.c om in this thread?  A friend of mine just gave me a link to their latest post on navy showers (get in, get wet, turn off water, soap up, turn water one, rinse off, turn water off, etc.).  I haven't read much yet, but the name of the blog itself is intriguing.

I do that in the summer to save on water. Learned to do that when I was chaperoning a kids camp b/c all we had to use was cold (and I mean COLD!) well water to shower with. But not in winter...too cold to stand there without warm water running! I'm a huge wimp and super cold natured...my feet get cold on the first freeze and don't thaw out until Spring starts. (To my partner: A great pair of warm, fluffy socks would be great to wear with my house-shoes!  Grin)

My friend just posted this article on Facebook and I must share!  Maybe we should invite him to our swap.   Grin

The Best Times to Buy Anything, All Year Round

http://lifehacker.com/5440376/the-best-times-to-buy-anything-all-year-round?skyline=true&s=i

Ooooo...I'm good and didn't even know it! I just bought new linens for my bed yesterday! Woohoo! Go me! lol!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010 09:13:05 PM by angelofmusic » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Frogs have it easy...they can eat what bugs them!
itchyfingers

Baby is here - at long last!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #651 on: January 06, 2010 09:11:36 PM »

I have a partner too! And I loves her Cheesy

Mmm, beans! Hummus is awesome, but I can't seem to make it, I buy it pre-made. I do lots of other stuff with beans though, roasted chickpeas are so good! Just drain and rinse a can or two and then pat dry, season with salt, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, whatever floats your boat (I like 'em spicy) and then roast on a cookie sheet. Great high protein snack, I am seriously addicted.

Hehe..glad I'm not the only one partnered (other than my partner Wink).  And anyway, Kaz said she was already planning to put us together. Grin

And I totally agree on the roasted chickpeas! I started doing those when I was sort of doing the South Beach diet a few years ago.

MareMare, do you have a food processor??  I have a recipe from Eat, Shrink and Be Merry that works out great and doesn't have tons of expensive tahini in it. If you want to try it out, I'll PM you the recipe.  I've made it so many times and it works great.  I did make it once or twice in my blender and it worked fine that way, too  - it's just a bit harder to get it all out compared to the food processor.

Can you guys just imagine how fun our gallery is going to be?!  I'm so excited!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baby number four is here and he's a boy!!  Time to start using all the great stuff I got from a bunch of Craftster friends:
Baby Shower in a Box

Wists
grenouille78
« Reply #652 on: January 06, 2010 10:25:59 PM »

My opinion on the whole one partner spending more thing is that you have to get on the same page.  It can actually wreck a marriage eventually if you don't.  Again, I'll recommend The Total Money Makeover if you can get your husbands to read it.  I think lots of people are sort of living mediocre lives when they could be living much better if they followed a budget, put money into savings for retirement and their kids education and never acquired any debt.  Of course, I'm just learning this now and my husband is reading the book, too, so hopefully we'll get on the same page on this and start the plan.  I'm tired of two steps forward, one step back (or all too often, three steps back!).

I didn't mean for it to sound like we're on the rocks, nowhere close! (We just celebrated our 8th anniversary yesterday Cheesy) I just get annoyed when his first inclination is to replace something instead of thinking of a more creative solution or that we "need" a whole case of pop, that kind of thing. He actually worked at a thrift store when he was single, so it's not that he's always averse to being thrifty; I think it's more the convenience factor and a little bit of impatience. I get tired of the grumbling about the cloth diapers or that kind of thing. He has grudgingly accepted the cloth napkins. It shouldn't matter to him -- I'm the one who does the laundry! Anyways, I have heard good things about that book; I'll have to check it out sometime.

I read a few pages back about getting hubby to eat beans/veggies.  Ever hear of the Sneaky Chef?  She has ways of adding veggies into almost everything and your subjects will never know it.

That's fun stuff! Actually, I can't complain too much. My kids are awesome at eating their vegetables. We get a box of organic veggies delivered each week and they are always sooo excited to see what's in there. Dh isn't jumping up and down like they are, but he will eat whatever I serve, as long as it's not beans. lol I guess it isn't the end of the world if he won't eat beans, but it would save some on meals. Oh well, slow and steady wins the race, right?

Hey, know what tomorrow is? Thursday! And one day closer to partners! (For those of us not lucky enough to already know. booo Wink )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

angelofmusic

Cinderella's Castle: from the Rose Garden

View Profile WWW
« Reply #653 on: January 06, 2010 10:34:45 PM »

I wanted to clarify for those worried about allergies (I'm a big ball of allergies too!) that when I wrote posts about my dog and making doggie biscuits I was referring to my dog who lives at my parents' house. None of my animals live at my place - they are either in my classroom or at my parents'. I just didn't want the swap organizers to read my posts and my application and think I was lying when I said I don't have animals at my house...Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Frogs have it easy...they can eat what bugs them!
stringofpearls
« Reply #654 on: January 07, 2010 12:43:51 AM »

Oh WOW. I just joined and I feel really behind. I can't read all of the pages to date so I'll just have to jump in Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tanza
Angel in the making....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #655 on: January 07, 2010 01:41:38 AM »

mmm yum just had a bowl full of fresh pasta with homemade butter.
the rest of the past I have in the dehydrator drying out for another day
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
ktlady
« Reply #656 on: January 07, 2010 02:46:20 AM »

Wow - this thread really grows quick!  It is hard to keep up.  Off to read some more.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kate
web: http://www.katydidcreations.com/
wists: http://www.wists.com/ktlady

Available for personal swaps - just PM me.
pops

this kittens' nose demands kisses...

« Reply #657 on: January 07, 2010 03:05:13 AM »

yep, it's hard to keep up, and hard to join in! by the time you've poseted there's another 6 posts!
i'm really excited for partners now, we have 6" snow here in SE England and it's still coming down. DH works from home but is poorly and the kids are off school probably til next monday, after having 2 weeks off for christmas!
i need to escape into my crafting! *_*

still, soup for luch and roast dinner tonight, MMmmmmm
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lylanni
« Reply #658 on: January 07, 2010 03:28:57 AM »

Oh my gosh! Thanks so much for the sneakychef link!  That's so awesome lol maybe I can get my hubby and son to eat veggies for once and they won't even know it Smiley

Sorry about your home Kaz Sad  Hope everything gets cleaned up soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

« Reply #659 on: January 07, 2010 04:21:12 AM »

*does the boodie shakin Snow Day Dance of Joy*  *then crawls back into bed*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 157 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Full Messy Bun
Coco Rocha Cuts Off All Her Hair
Braided Undercut
Segmented Ponytail
Long and Woven Braid Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...