A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
630 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 157
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frugal Living Swap (SIGNUP CLOSED; MAIL BY 2/6/2010)  (Read 103574 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #620 on: January 06, 2010 03:44:34 PM »

I already told the manager to set back any blue ones (not damaged) that come in.  I'm also going to keep an eye out when yardsaling resumes this spring.  I'm gonna ask my best friend to put the word out to all the little old ladies in the Extension Homemakers Club.

ETA:  And, you don't have to trade me anything, silly.  I still feel like I owe you for the mutant, spastic, deformed Lorax.  (BTW, did you ever tighten up his right eye?)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010 03:48:19 PM by Aikibookworm » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
itchyfingers

Baby is here - at long last!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #621 on: January 06, 2010 03:58:26 PM »

Whoa!  Grocery score on the dried beans!  Yeah, you!

Itchyfingers -- Did you see the Mythbusters where Grant, Kari, and Tory dealt with moose?  Too funny.

Well, I am a happy camper because I just found a vintage blue Ball canning jar at the thrift shop for 50cents at the local thrift shop and will be making the soap dispenser on my wist, now!  (Sorry, onegroovyday!)  *goes off to delete the soap dispenser from my wist*  Now, I'm going to try to make up the homemade liquid handsoap to put in it! Cheesy

Nope, I've only seen a few episodes as my dad got cable just before I got married and I haven't had TV of any kind since.  But maybe I could find it on YouTube??

And that is a good find!  Makes me want to go thrift store shopping.  I love those soap dispensers. Smiley

My opinion on the whole one partner spending more thing is that you have to get on the same page.  It can actually wreck a marriage eventually if you don't.  Again, I'll recommend The Total Money Makeover if you can get your husbands to read it.  I think lots of people are sort of living mediocre lives when they could be living much better if they followed a budget, put money into savings for retirement and their kids education and never acquired any debt.  Of course, I'm just learning this now and my husband is reading the book, too, so hopefully we'll get on the same page on this and start the plan.  I'm tired of two steps forward, one step back (or all too often, three steps back!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baby number four is here and he's a boy!!  Time to start using all the great stuff I got from a bunch of Craftster friends:
Baby Shower in a Box

Wists
Aikibookworm

« Reply #622 on: January 06, 2010 04:07:16 PM »

Mythbusters and Moose and More  (The Alaska Special):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X3QgtgLxsw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctv3Fdv487E&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH-Sa0n_qk0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHZuA1KVyJM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejT42yp5sL0&feature=related

We don't have TV channels either.  I stream stuff online, do the cheap netflix plan, and watch lots of DVD's.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010 04:08:58 PM by Aikibookworm » THIS ROCKS   Logged

onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #623 on: January 06, 2010 04:09:18 PM »

I already told the manager to set back any blue ones (not damaged) that come in.  I'm also going to keep an eye out when yardsaling resumes this spring.  I'm gonna ask my best friend to put the word out to all the little old ladies in the Extension Homemakers Club.

ETA:  And, you don't have to trade me anything, silly.  I still feel like I owe you for the mutant, spastic, deformed Lorax.  (BTW, did you ever tighten up his right eye?)

THANKS....your so good to me.....and I LOVE my mutant, spastic, deformed Lorax.... and so did the kids in my class....took him to school with me and had him read to the class.....he had a great time and the kids loved him
THIS ROCKS   Logged

itchyfingers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #624 on: January 06, 2010 04:30:37 PM »

Oh, and I just made those whole wheat vegan banana cookies and they are good.  I skipped the vegan part and used butter, but I'm sure they'd be good with oil, too.  In fact, I might try that out soon, too.  The only thing I found was that using two bananas left things way too wet and I had to add flour.  Next time I'll try it with one banana and maybe less sugar, too.  I added a bit of salt and next time I'll add more - I like cookies way more when there is a nice salt taste to them with the sweet.

I can't wait to see how many pages we have on this thread by the time the swap is done.  This is getting epic - like the random swap last year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baby number four is here and he's a boy!!  Time to start using all the great stuff I got from a bunch of Craftster friends:
Baby Shower in a Box

Wists
Aikibookworm

« Reply #625 on: January 06, 2010 04:32:46 PM »

I've already bookmarked the thread for future use.  I love this swap so much! 

I hope we do regular rounds of it!  Puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzz!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pantsafari
« Reply #626 on: January 06, 2010 04:45:01 PM »

I have an un-frugal fiancee!! I hate when he goes grocery shopping because he never looks to see what's on sale... and I'm not sure what he spends his money on, but we never have money. we always seem to be streching to make things work the last few days before pay day. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The never ending quest for pants continues...
itchyfingers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #627 on: January 06, 2010 04:57:48 PM »

Has anyone mentioned PainlessFrugality.com in this thread?  A friend of mine just gave me a link to their latest post on navy showers (get in, get wet, turn off water, soap up, turn water one, rinse off, turn water off, etc.).  I haven't read much yet, but the name of the blog itself is intriguing.

Aiki - I'll be watching those when I have some time.  Now it's off to get ready to take my little girl to kids club and have some time to myself (yay!!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baby Shower in a Box

Wists
Tero
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

« Reply #628 on: January 06, 2010 05:02:07 PM »

OK cheap eats....oatmeal. Quite yummy on a cold night I must say. Add in some raisins for some fruit and a little more iron and we had dinner. Smiley Love a man who will eat oatmeal for dinner. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
cjclark
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.

Inside a dog it's too dark to read.

« Reply #629 on: January 06, 2010 05:24:22 PM »

OK cheap eats....oatmeal. Quite yummy on a cold night I must say. Add in some raisins for some fruit and a little more iron and we had dinner. Smiley Love a man who will eat oatmeal for dinner. Smiley

Wow, you're very lucky. My husband won't eat oatmeal at all, much less for dinner. Though he does love veggies and doesn't mind beans and will always try anything that is on sale. :-P So, I'm luckier than most.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Woohoo! Baby Clark is on the way. Due October 24th.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 157 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sherry Jones on Her Novel Four Sisters, All Queens
Beach House Memories Book Trailer
Michelle Harrison on Her New Book Unrest
Hilary Weisman Graham on Her Book Reunited
Bremmer on His Book Every Nation For Itself in a G-Zero World
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Super Easy Peppermint Bark
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...