A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 305,866
Currently Running With Scissors:
516 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 157
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frugal Living Swap (SIGNUP CLOSED; MAIL BY 2/6/2010)  (Read 137544 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1210 on: January 16, 2010 11:43:48 PM »

I am so ridiculously pleased with myself, I found a couple sellers on ebay that I like that sell lots of used books.  Lots of anywhere from 10-60 books, shipped via media mail. I've bought like 5 lots in the last week. Which isn't super frugal if you just look at it as spending money, but I could have bought approximately 2 new hardcover books, but instead I got like 115. Yes I went overboard, but I bid on several auctions at once, assuming I wouldn't win them all. oops. Wink  Any I don't read I'll try to swap on paperback swap or donate to my mom's work if appropriate (mental health field). And if not I'll donate to my work, I work with a lot of truck drivers and there is a kind of book swap thing in the break room! The various lots I've bought are: medical suspense, sci-fi and time travel, horror/thriller, mixed, and I forget the other one.  Grin  

Doing the book dance  (I have a degree in English lit/writing, so yes I am a big book nerd, and I'm ok with it)  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love nail art? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!

~Want Prizes?! The 2016 QuiltAlong is open for business!~

Instagram: Soapsbymaremare
Craftrica

Crafting in Africa

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1211 on: January 17, 2010 12:25:07 AM »

Oooh these teasers about what everyone is making are so challenging.........
Kaz you obviously have loads of time without the TV- the fact that you can do all this organizing plus teach, plus sort out other interesting things you have lined up for us to read! You really are a star!
BTW, in South Africa, washing soda is known as soda ash, so those of you who can't find it may find it under that name?
I am getting a little anxious about all you people who are already ready to send out stuff by tuesday! I am making good progress, but am nowhere near that ready!! Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do not go where the path might lead - go instead where there is no path and
leave a trail.
Ralph Waldo Emerson.
dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1212 on: January 17, 2010 01:11:07 AM »

So nice to find uplifting conversation happening here...I keep getting into an argument with a friend on Facebook over whether she's really feeling her baby move already.  Silly, I guess..but first baby, she's not stick-thin, claims to have felt it at eleven weeks and feeling strong kicks at thirteen weeks?!  The earliest I've felt a baby is fourteen weeks and that is with this one - my fourth!  Anyway, I just have a hard time believing it and can't keep my mouth shut.  Roll Eyes  I know this will seem silly to those who haven't been pregnant...but maybe I'll have a few people here who think it's as weird as I do.  And if not, it's nice reading up on how everyone is doing frugality-wise.

LOL, she's probably just super excited and has lots of gas. I never believed it when my midwife would tell me it was just gas, although, now that I've felt baby kicks, sometimes, after a big bowl of chili, it feels like I have a baby kicking me inside. TMI? Wait, we talk about diva cups here.  Grin

BTW, in South Africa, washing soda is known as soda ash, so those of you who can't find it may find it under that name?

Wait, soda ash is the same thing? That's what I soak shirts in before I tie-dye them! I did not know that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lylanni
« Reply #1213 on: January 17, 2010 06:50:22 AM »

Just checkin in Smiley  I have things almost wrapped up, I should be able to send late this week or early next week woohoo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cjclark
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.

Inside a dog it's too dark to read.

« Reply #1214 on: January 17, 2010 07:22:55 AM »

Doing the book dance  (I have a degree in English lit/writing, so yes I am a big book nerd, and I'm ok with it)  

Same here! My husband is a bit of a book nerd too. So, we have a few (hundred) books at our house! I would totally read the ones you want them put the others on paperbackswap and get some you do want. Or sell some on half.com too. I have decent luck selling books there and the process is a bit easier than ebay for books I think.

I am dealing with cramps and feeling blah today, so I may have to drag myself into my craft room. Or, I may just sit with my heating pad and read a book today.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Woohoo! Baby Clark is on the way. Due October 24th.
mammallama
« Reply #1215 on: January 17, 2010 07:22:57 AM »

I'm enjoying reading this thread so much!!

Re: baby kicking....I remember it well.  Sometimes, it DID feel like too much chili....ROFL!!
Maybe that mom is having a gargantuan baby?    Shocked

THIS ROCKS   Logged
mammallama
« Reply #1216 on: January 17, 2010 07:31:22 AM »

Googled soda ash.  Inquiring minds and all.   Wink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_carbonate

Who knew?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1217 on: January 17, 2010 07:36:26 AM »

ok.... Im done... Its boxed up.... and ready to go.....

MareMare here are a few teasers.......just for you

you should have it by the end of the week.....

happy crafting to all!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mammallama
« Reply #1218 on: January 17, 2010 07:36:40 AM »

Soap powder....broken soap flakes.

Interesting.

http://www.msodistributing.com/shop/soap_flakes_special.html

They're shipping the soap (flake) powder with a 10% discount and with free shipping!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tero
Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

« Reply #1219 on: January 17, 2010 07:37:50 AM »

Trying to do this homemade thing is making me really wish I had paid attention in science class..please tell me I am not the only one feelin' like a dumb ass here. LOL

Thank you for the Wiki link, I learned my Big thing for the morning....LOL cant wait to come back in a few hours and see what is next. Smiley

Who Knew..?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 157 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Paper Mario: Color Splash Announced for Wii U
Star Fox Guard Announced, Star Fox Zero Amiibo Functionality Revealed
Wolf Link Costume Coming to Super Mario Maker
Break Your Brain Deciphering This Super Mario Maker Calculator
Zelda: Twilight Princess HD - Original Vs. HD Remaster
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Vermicomposting
It's a bad week to be a seal...
Flower Power!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...