A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 306,355
Currently Running With Scissors:
374 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Project Linus Blanket-Along 2010!  (Read 11834 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hippieknit
Hippieknit

Release the craft dogs!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2010 02:11:02 PM »

What a great idea. I really want to do it but I am currently living in England. Do you know of an international branch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Creating stirs my soul!
onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2010 03:05:57 AM »

I finally got a e-mail back from the cor. in my area.... have to go pick up the tags from her.... so its a go for me..........do we post pictures here or are we going to have a gallery?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spotnik
Where did I put my pliers this time???

It's my cheese!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2010 09:11:27 PM »

January Blanket is done.  Yes, it is in spring-like colors, but I am working through my stash and that is the one that came to hand first.   Cheesy  Size is 36" x 26" - a little smaller than regulation, but will hopefully be ok.

Simple double crochets all the way, finished with a shell border.  Smiley

c/c much appreciated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spotnik
Where did I put my pliers this time???

It's my cheese!

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2010 09:14:20 PM »

What a great idea. I really want to do it but I am currently living in England. Do you know of an international branch.

http://projectlinusuk.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=55&Itemid=1
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pixiefirefly
In and out of consiousness

Life can be so random

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2010 10:48:25 PM »

Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2010 06:17:56 AM »

I finally got a e-mail back from the cor. in my area.... have to go pick up the tags from her.... so its a go for me..........do we post pictures here or are we going to have a gallery?
I think we should post them here if you want to, or if not then we can post them in their appropriate boards and have a link to them in here. I have to piece mine together, then I'll be posting it here in a few days.

Great blanket Spotnik! The color combo is very cute, and I like the shell stitching. What a great way to bring it all together!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2010 04:02:08 PM »

I think we should post them here if you want to, or if not then we can post them in their appropriate boards and have a link to them in here. I have to piece mine together, then I'll be posting it here in a few days.

Great blanket Spotnik! The color combo is very cute, and I like the shell stitching. What a great way to bring it all together!

great job Spotnik......I cant crochet my way out of a paperbag....so crocheted anything always impresses me....

and I think pictures here or at least a link (if the craftser wanted to post in the app. board) would be great!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AliBeachGrl
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2010 07:11:19 AM »

I am so glad to see this group on here!  I just joined Project Linus & attended my first meeting last night where I made a fleece blanket.  I just did the one layered tied fringe style.   It was a lot of fun & very rewarding.  Wish I had gotten a picture of the finished project but I did snap a picture of the fleece!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds.
~Gilbert K. Chesterton
PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2010 07:14:22 AM »

Oh that fleece is so pretty! There is going to be one happy kiddo with that blanket!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cjclark
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.

Inside a dog it's too dark to read.

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2010 08:08:06 AM »

Okay. I finally wrapped up the too many swap things I signed up for, a few projects for friends AND I cleaned my sewing room. I'm ready to start on a quilt for my 4 year old cousin, but first I'm going to make a Yogi Bear themed quilt for Project Linus. I bought a pack of fat quarters and a panel on clearance just for Project Linus, so, I think I'll do that before I tackle the one for my cousin. (His will probably take a month)

I'm getting some charm squares (5.5 inches) from the Ongoing Wish Swap so that will set me up for some future quilts too. Pinkleo must be close to me - I'm in the Collin County chapter and Parker and Tarrant Counties are right next door. My local quilt shop has "make a blanket" days but All they do is tie the quilts. Tied quilts are fine, but not really what I want to do myself AND you can even bring your own fabric to work on. Sooo, I will make mine at home and maybe drop them off at the make a blanket day.

Anyway. As soon as I finish my coffee, I'm off to work on Yogi Bear. I got it sketched out last night.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Woohoo! Baby Clark is on the way. Due October 24th.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Crumpled Paper in Photoshop CS3
How to Create Old Burnt Parchment Paper in Photoshop CS3
How to Create Torn or Ripped Paper in Photoshop CS3
How to Create Transparency in an Image in Photoshop CS3
How to Crop an Image in Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...