A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,126
Currently Running With Scissors:
567 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: OTT bachelorette party invite  (Read 1189 times)
Tags for this thread: invitation , bachelorette  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LovelyMiss
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: September 07, 2010 01:44:27 PM »

Last year my best friend got married, and being the crafty-planner type, I fulfilled my maid of honor duty by throwing a completely over the top bachelorette party.  Since I kind of feel like invitations are the first FIRST impression people really get of any event, I tend to go over the top on them too.  Below are some (bad) photos of a prototype of the invitations I ended up making and sending out to all 20+ guests for the party.

Unfortunately, since I was so busy and scattered trying to get them finished and sent (and the party date was changed more than once during the process!) I ended up with no photos of the final product.  But alas, these will suffice.

This is the outside of the invitation.  I ordered "necklace" boxes from Uline, and embellished some cheap black garters I found online.  Included in the final invite, but not pictured, were individualized name tags that I made using pre-punched tags, some layered paper (the same as the invites), and the same font as the bride's name on the actual invite.  I also added a crystal above the name on each tag, and looped some ribbon through the tag hole.  I finished off the ribbon with a crystal bead on each end, and then just rubber cemented it to the box at an angle above the garter.

This is the main invitation, and what you saw when the garter was removed and the box was opened.  The invite pictured is pretty close to the final product, but I did not do the damask stamping on the background paper, as is pictured (barely!).  The invite was two sided.  The back looks similar to the front, but had the entire party agenda listed by time/event.  You can also kind of see a ribbon to the right of the invite.  I glued this to the inside of the box so that the invite could easily be lifted/popped out.  The white paper is some pearlescent cardstock I happened to pick up on clearance at Office Max.  The background paper is pink pearlescent scrapbook paper from Michael's.  Each invite took four pieces of paper (so both sides would "sparkle") and just under three feet of marabou (including the light pink on each corner), which I simply just hot glued around the paper base.  I put black crystal beads on each corner on both the front and the back and used some clear crystals to further embellish the paper portion.

Once the invite was lifted out, the guests found several other items in the box, including RSVP cards and SASEs, as well as an extra secret card that I used to gather information and inform them about a special book I was putting together for the Bride.  I requested notes, stories, and photos from each guest and designed and printed a hardcover book through Blurb.  

The finished invitations were mailed out in bubble envelopes.  I sealed them all with some more bachelorette party themed ribbon and printed out normal looking mailing labels so no one would really know what was inside at first glance.  I easily spent over 50 hours crafting these, but I think it was worth it.  Nearly every one of the guests called me just to talk about how I made them and (literally) gush about how "amazing" and fun they were to receive and open.  Plus they set the tone for an awesome party!  

Crit and comments welcome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tygermane
Addicted to crafting

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010 06:21:03 PM »

I love them!  If I received a bachelorette party invitation like this, there is no way I could turn it down!  I think it looks fabulous!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenihana
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010 04:12:59 PM »

I would save this invite forever! Very clever! I need to be thinking about awesome things to be doing like this for my bachelorette party!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Write Tech Reviews
How to Write a Limerick
How to Write a Sonnet
Peter Ames Carlin on Narrator Bobby Cannavale
Peter Ames Carlin on His Audiobook Bruce
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...