A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 301,589
Currently Running With Scissors:
646 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Breast Cancer Awareness Scarf  (Read 2953 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

crochetmonkey

I'm ape over crocheting lol

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2009 08:07:12 AM »

I just made this scarf it was fun to make and when crocheting the scarf I started thinking of all the people who have cancer. I guess sometimes when we crochet something that is speacial or has some meaning to it you start rembering and thinking of others I think that is why I love crocheting so much. I got this pattern form this site. http://mausicasmagicalmenagerie.blogspot.com/2009/10/breast-cancer-awareness-scarf-crochet.html

The only thing is that you will have 33 stitches her row one says 32 that is a error its 33 and then she dosent count the chain 2 so dont count that on each row. and instead of me useing a k hook I used a H hook and it took about 2 skeins of red Heart super saver. and I didnt use the tassels she used I just went across with mine. But I like them both. hope you all enjoy and have a merry merry xmas all

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lo{ve}
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009 11:19:04 AM »

this is absolutely amazing. my mommy passed away from breast cancer and i know my sisters would love to receive this scarf!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crochetmonkey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009 01:09:19 PM »

this is absolutely amazing. my mommy passed away from breast cancer and i know my sisters would love to receive this scarf!!

Im sorry to hear about ur loss I hope u make this for ur sister cause i know she would enjoy it and thanks for ur comment
THIS ROCKS   Logged
veggiechef
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009 06:05:17 PM »

I do mammograms for a living....and I know about 50 people who would love this scarf.  Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work.  The warm thoughts conjured up during the creation of the project is really what it's all about, isn't it? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BE the change you wish to see in the world-Gandhi
crazee_b
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009 06:24:15 AM »

I have had family members pass due to breast cancer and actually know a few people more that also have passed outside of the family.  I love this scarf and think i might make it for myself.  Thank-you for the pattern link.  And beautiful work, pls keep it up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crochetmonkey

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009 09:17:11 PM »

Thank you all for you comments. and Im sorry to hear about u alls lost of ur love ones and friends my prayes are with u all. My daughter loves this scarf she is gonna wear it to school for cancer awarness day. but now she is asking for a red one and a yellow one and a purple one she wants the red one for just say no to drugs and the yellow one for support of are troops the purple one im not sure what that color ribbon is for. so if u have any other color u want to put it for that is fine.love to see different color ones and would love to see your pics.i know when i crochet my ribbon scar there will be a thought going threw my head. thats what i love about this scarf. Oh i think im gonna make another scarf and  donate the scarf to a cancer society.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lo{ve}
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009 10:29:00 PM »

how long did this take you? i have a longgg car ride to my aunts house next week and i'm debating trying to tackle this then!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crochetmonkey

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009 07:44:19 AM »

how long did this take you? i have a longgg car ride to my aunts house next week and i'm debating trying to tackle this then!
It took me 2 days and it was fun but if u keep at it i think it will only take a whole day I think it how fast someone crochets Im not that fast so it took me 2 days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hbrady99
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009 06:33:47 AM »

Oh- I love this!  It came out so awesome!  Thanks for posting pics.  I may have to try it.  Might be something cool to make and auction off when Relay for Life comes up again. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star. - Nietzsche

www.geekcrafts.com
Mousica

Creating Crafty Goodness!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009 12:18:15 PM »

You did a good job on the scarf. Thank you for notifying me of the error. I will post a corrected version when I return from holiday with family.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Capturing the Invisible World of Technology with Graphic Design
Golden Rules for Successful Collaborations, from Star Hotel Designers
VF NEWS: Bergdorf Goodman Holiday Windows & UNICEF Snowflake Lighting 2014
Designing a Brand That Even Non-Designers Can Work With
Testing Geo Restrictions
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...