A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,659
Currently Running With Scissors:
495 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Appliqued potholders (gifts) - House, Conan, Kanye, Stewart, Colbert, etc  (Read 5319 times)
Tags for this thread: applique , potholder  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

catsdrivingcars
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2009 12:03:05 PM »

pedobear is not funny.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
boingo82
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2009 12:10:19 PM »

I don't think real pedophiles are funny, but a giant cartoon bear pedophile on a potholder is funny, because of the absurdity. To me, anyway. You don't have to like it. It also cracks me up that Kanye interrupts your cooking to tell you that Emeril is better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
when_im_sixty4
Perpetually awkward

Craft Big, Dream Bigger!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2009 01:45:54 PM »

O.O   *astounded by the awesomeness*

LOOVE the House one. I will refrain from making jokes about how hot he is, and how he's perfect for a potholder. xD

Great job! I'm working on some applique for a top-secret xmas surprise for my husband (a WoW stocking) and I'm having a heck of a time with the embroidery outlines... yours is machine stitched or hand stitched? (sorry- just realized I hadn't looked that closely yet...) Either way, I envy your skill!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"[crafting] fills my days,
not to mention the living room, bedroom, and closets."
tehbunnykins
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2009 02:41:33 PM »

These are awesome!! I LOVE the House potholder!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

boingo82
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2009 03:08:50 PM »

O.O   *astounded by the awesomeness*

LOOVE the House one. I will refrain from making jokes about how hot he is, and how he's perfect for a potholder. xD

Great job! I'm working on some applique for a top-secret xmas surprise for my husband (a WoW stocking) and I'm having a heck of a time with the embroidery outlines... yours is machine stitched or hand stitched? (sorry- just realized I hadn't looked that closely yet...) Either way, I envy your skill!
I don't hand sew unless I really, really, really have to. Wink The lettering is done on an embroidery machine, everything else is good ol' fashioned zigzag with a short stitch length and a width of 2-2.5.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Songs4Drowning
lost soul livin' in a fish bowl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2009 03:21:21 PM »

These are so fabulous. The Kanye one had me cracking up, and Cactuar looks great too! I'm completely in awe of your dedication!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

papa justify

Will swap for panda art supplies or fabric!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2009 09:17:15 PM »

I favorited the Kanye one!
That makes me laugh, every time!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

glasstapper
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2009 06:50:32 AM »

These are so amazing! How did you cut out the applique pieces so exactly? They're tiny and brilliantly done. Smiley (THIS ROCKS)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
boingo82
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2009 07:22:07 AM »

These are so amazing! How did you cut out the applique pieces so exactly? They're tiny and brilliantly done. Smiley (THIS ROCKS)

I plan what I am going to make on the computer and then print it out, backwards if I remember to.

Then take a sheet or roll of Sulky Sticky, to which I am now forever indebted. This stuff: http://www.createforless.com/Sulky+Sticky+Stabilizer+Package+7.5x+9+12+pc+White/pid31862.aspx?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=cse

It has a paper side that peels off, and a stabilizer side that feels like any normal interfacing. Put paper side down, on my printed sheet, and trace off one color's design.

Then peel off paper, stick to fabric's wrong side. The sticky serves 4 functions now:
*It provides an outline to cut your appliques along.
*It keeps your fabric from fraying.
*It keeps your fabric stiff, which is easier to cut.
*It has a texture that helps position appliques without them sliding all around.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Miss Whitney
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2009 09:46:57 AM »

OH MY GOD! I Need the cobert and jon stewart ones! And I love the kanye one too, it's hilarious! Love these!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...