A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,199
Currently Running With Scissors:
680 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Zombies and Demons!! Lots of pictures  (Read 4851 times)
Tags for this thread: shadowbox  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FriendlyNeighbourPsycho
« on: December 18, 2009 02:47:02 PM »

I'm going to start off by saying that I was inspired by this post by chezlin: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=237984.0
I showed that to my brother and he thought it was awesome so I decided to make him one for Christmas (I figured its close enough to Christmas now and HE better not see this!!)...and after loving how the gun turned out I decided I wanted one too but I didn't want it to be exactly the same. I tried thinking of what I could do differently and then my idea hit me...and I felt incredibly stupid for not thinking of it sooner!! This is what I came up with Smiley

This is my gift for my brother:

And this is mine:

I hope you'll bear with my massive picture spam here and massive explanations...The frames were easily the most infuriating part of this project. I bought two frames to find that the guns where just slightly larger then the backing would allow. Then the only other frame I could find was $20 and I wasn't about to spend that kind of money when I wasn't sure if it would fit...So I constructed my own out of cardboard, then covered it in left over craft paper and glued all my felt in place. Then I bought to cheap frames from the thrift store and spray painted them black. Now the big hassle...I didn't want to glue the frames down because I wanted it to be able to open...so I had a thought one day to try velcro. So I cut and glued velcro to the sides and the frame backs...and it works YAY! Anyways onto more pictures!

I didn't think to take a before picture so I went back the dollar store and snuck a picture Tongue My first go at this went pretty well I think..I was even able to sand of the giant made in China stamp! Ive had it done for like 3 months now....that's how long it took me to find a solution for the frame problem  Sad

Incase you couldn't tell mine was based off of Supernatural!! I couldn't really find a lot of good pictures of the details of both The Colt and Ruby's Knife so I kinda just winged it...I was trying to keep it as close as possible until I realized that my 'Colts' shape was completely off, then I decided just to go until I was happy with it.

Ruby's Knife was a bit harder. First I cut the knife so the blade would be the same shape, then I used clay to get it to look more like the original. Then I just drew in the symbols with a pencil and spray painted it.

The other side of the both of them:

And then them together:

I'm still debating if I want to put in a little thing of salt in there. I wanted to make a In Case Of Ninja's one too for another Christmas gift but I couldn't find any stuff for it  Sad Once again I really apologize for the HUGE post but I'm really rather excited with how they turned out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NightOwl21

after all this time I finally show my true form

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009 02:56:26 PM »

i knew that had to be based off the colt and ruby's knife.  Love it all! soo coool. yay for supernatural fans! now your prepared for anything.  it would be awesome to add a thing of salt.  and a piece of chalk in case you have to draw any traps Wink  Love the cases!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I now have 2 shops! Scandalous! Take a visit and enjoy Smiley

Jewelry and Wedding Accessories: http://www.somewearintyme.etsy.com

Crafts and supplies: http://www.squidooink.etsy.com

Wists: http://www.wists.com/nightowl21

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/somesquid
NikkiZBM
If we weren't all crazy we would go insane.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009 03:05:54 PM »

Cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
afterannabel
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009 07:36:30 PM »

I looove the Supernatural-based one! I just finished the first season today and it was highly enjoyable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FriendlyNeighbourPsycho
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009 08:40:21 AM »

Thanks guys!
it would be awesome to add a thing of salt.  and a piece of chalk in case you have to draw any traps Wink  Love the cases!
Oooh I never thought of chalk!! Hmm...
I looove the Supernatural-based one! I just finished the first season today and it was highly enjoyable.
Its amazing isnt it? Ive been watching since it started and I think its one of the only shows that gets better every season Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ravenau1
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010 06:14:30 PM »

These are great!  My Hubby suggests for the 'In case of Ninjas' - Pirate stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spicytaco
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Lalala...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010 06:18:18 AM »

So cool. I kinda wanna make a zombie one, but I'm totally anti-gun so I want to use something else, but everything else typical seems to big. (ie chainsaw, baseball bat, cricket bat, machete.)

Love yours and totally knew what the demon one was even though I hardly watch supernatrual.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*insert witty saying here*

I has Wist.
FriendlyNeighbourPsycho
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010 07:21:46 PM »

So cool. I kinda wanna make a zombie one, but I'm totally anti-gun so I want to use something else, but everything else typical seems to big.
You should so make one! I had lots of fun making it...excluding the frames. You could go the knife route like I did in my Demon one or maybe you could make like a med kit type set up? All zombie games have some sort of health system, maybe like a full med kit, herbs, pills, whatever floats your boat. (I actually really like this idea  Wink Perhaps another project is due) I suppose you could do one with tools like a hammer, handsaw or wrench (like those little tool playsets they have for kids, if that makes sense) Im sure those could be painted up pretty cool. Really I imagine ANYTHING could be used in a zombie preparedness kit  Tongue Maybe I rambled a bit there...Did I help any?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Joyosaurusrex
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010 07:48:26 PM »

So cool. I kinda wanna make a zombie one, but I'm totally anti-gun so I want to use something else, but everything else typical seems to big. (ie chainsaw, baseball bat, cricket bat, machete.)

Love yours and totally knew what the demon one was even though I hardly watch supernatrual.

Look for a little fireman's kit in a dollar store, they'll probably have a mini axe. That would be cool.

Love love love love the supernatural one. I have just discovered that show and am slowly becoming obsessed with it.

If you can find a toy gun that looks like a blunderbuss it would be a good in case of ninja's one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love; it will not betray you, dismay, or enslave you. It will set you free, to be more like the man you were made to be. There is a design, an alignment, a cry of my heart to see the beauty of love as it was made to be.
Reindeary
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010 11:47:49 AM »

Haha! I love it ^^
   The gun came out really well!

Are the letters rub ons or stenciled?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Interact with model in photo shoot
How to Give Your Model Good Direction
How to Shoot a Male Model
How to Use the Fill Flash technique
Equipment Needed for a Music Video Shoot
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...