A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 299,121
Currently Running With Scissors:
684 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Your Favorite Yarn?  (Read 1098 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

riverside knitter
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2006 04:30:36 AM »

Depends on the project & the mood.  Here are my current favorites in no particular order.

Patons Classic Wool - This is my go-to all-purpose yarn.
Jaggerspun Zephyr - Heaven for lace!
Noro Silk Garden - Georgeous colors, knits up nicely, & 1 skein = 1 tam/beret.
Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport - Thick, squishy socks, amazing colors & heaven to knit with!

I used wool-ease for a few Xmas gifts for people who I knew would not handwash and hated every second of it.  I felt like the knitting Scarlett O'Hara when I was finished - with god as my witness, I will never knit with cheap acrylic yarn again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jax3303
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2006 05:32:58 AM »

there are soooooo many, but I'll try to keep it short.

Malabrigo- this yarn is yummy. soft and beautiful. So many absolutely stunning colorways. It is a worsted weight 100% merino wool. This one is my absolute favorite yarn.

Knitpicks Panache- Cashmere, baby alpaca, silk and merino. this yarn is absolutely fabulous, and possably the softest yarn I've ever touched. bulky weight

Knitpicks Decadence- 100% superfine alpaca. very soft with a little bit of a mohair-like halo. listed as bulky weight, relaisticly a heavy worsted.

Jaggerspun Zephyr- merino wool and silk blend. Lace weight. fantastic stitch definition. vibrant colors. my absolute favorite for lace knitting.

Lorna's Laces- i love all of their yarns. soft with vibrant, beautiful colorways. Their Shepherd sock yarn is my favorite for knitting socks with. 

Patons Classic Merino wool- this is a fantastic all-purpose yarn. soft yet durable. good variety of colors. Felts really well.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

KnittenChicken
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2006 06:53:26 AM »

Gosh, there are so many!!!!

I love Cascade 220 for a good basic yarn in any possible color- you cannot kill this yarn!!

Louisa Harding Kashmir Aran, it's so pretty and has a nice sheen

Artyarns- the colors, oh!!! I can't contain myself....

Blue Sky Worsted Hand Dyes- at $18 a hank for 100 yards, it's not something I get to use often, but it's absolutely GORGEOUS.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iheartmyTHO
Experiment With A Chemist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2006 07:02:21 AM »

Blue Heron Rayon Metallic became a favorite of mine after I knit a clapotis with it.  The drape is wonderful.  It's super silky and sparkly.  And the metallic bits are non-itchy.

For all around cheap projects, I like to use Caron Simply soft.  It's affordable, soft, and comes in lots of colors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

decline2state
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2006 08:13:03 AM »

Plymouth Royal Bamboo yarn was wonderfully soft and rich looking.  I knit a baby hat out of it and had some left over I probably could have made a bootie (not 2).  Even better, it's sustainable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aunt carrot

pom-poms make the heart grow fonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2006 11:15:03 AM »

I love Cascade 220 for a good basic yarn in any possible color- you cannot kill this yarn!!
Oh my God, I forgot Cascade! I used Cascade Pastaza for some Christmas gifts and (SCORE!!!) I have some left over! It is so soft. It's rather splitty though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I didn't and don't want to be a 'feminine' version or a diluted version or a special version or a subsidiary version or an ancillary version or an adapted version of the heroes I admire. I want to be the heroes themselves." --Joanna Russ.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 25/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 18/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 3/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 22/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 16/26
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...