A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,532
Currently Running With Scissors:
472 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How to: Jedi Robe for kids (easily adapted for adults too)  (Read 35972 times)
Tags for this thread: star_wars , jedi , robe , cloak , costume , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tankrgrl
TankrGrl

Not a mess, controlled chaos

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: December 17, 2009 01:23:14 PM »

This halloween we were all characters from Star Wars and I made 6 costumes, 2 kids and 4 adults, anyway, it took me a while to find a way to make a good jedi robe, and I couldn't find any single tutorial I liked, so after reading probably every robe making cloak designing forum, blog post, etc I could find; I came up with this basic pattern that I adapted 5 different ways.  I used the basic idea and just changed up fabric, details and such to make Jedi Robes.  Here are a few pics of one of the finished results and the tutorial, it's in paint, sorry, first time making a tute and I hope it's clear.  Grin

This is my youngest modeling his robe-there are more pics of the other costumes on my blog
http://carmeniscrafty.blogspot.com/2009/08/check-this-out.html and a brief description of how they were made.  Hope you enjoy!

« Last Edit: October 26, 2011 01:52:53 PM by jungrrl - Reason: linked to specific entry on blog » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Willing to swap/trade/pay for Harry Potter fabric to make a quilt for my daughter, just send a PM Smiley

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
sach monster
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009 04:07:31 AM »

Your costumes were A-MAZING!! 

and thanks for your tute, i've been asked for a jedi robe... i'd say for christmas, but i think it's more realistic if it's for a christmas break project!  so off to the fabric stores!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
tankrgrl
TankrGrl

Not a mess, controlled chaos

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010 08:45:56 AM »

Grin Thanks!  I've got a few other tiny jedi's who want robes now as well...tough job clothing the galaxy lol Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Willing to swap/trade/pay for Harry Potter fabric to make a quilt for my daughter, just send a PM Smiley

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
Bleyd
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010 09:11:24 AM »

Did jedi costumes for MY boys when they were little. Never got around to making robes though. Yours came out great. Have you seen the simplicity pattern that's out there? I used that version to make myself an "Emperor" and a Gandalf the grey costume with a few modifications.
Love how full you got the hood. I have a licensed version and is the one real gripe I have. It's more like a hoody than a cloak. Your use of colors is real good too. Not copied but staying to traditional Jedi style. One lucky kid I's got to say.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Bratwurst and Midwest Coneys
New York Hot Dog vs. Chicago Hot Dog
Ham and Cheese with Beer Mustard at Eastern District
Atlanta and West Virginia Hot Dogs and Coleslaw
Sonoran Hot Dog with Tomatilla Salsa
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...