A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,542
Currently Running With Scissors:
648 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: bomber hat  (Read 4653 times)
Tags for this thread: hat  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

manlyman
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2009 01:25:00 AM »

It's almost 3am and I fly out to Jersey for 3 weeks tomorrow morning and I have yet to pack.  At least I have taken care of the important stuff before going to bed.  Like making a Bomber Hat!

I am so tired and out of it, on two different occasions while making it I sewing the wrong pieces together....I am getting pretty handy with a seam ripper at least  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am learning to sew and figure skate, I've never felt more manly in my life!
J-Wes757
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2009 01:41:41 AM »

It's almost 3am and I fly out to Jersey for 3 weeks tomorrow morning and I have yet to pack.  At least I have taken care of the important stuff before going to bed.  Like making a Bomber Hat!

I am so tired and out of it, on two different occasions while making it I sewing the wrong pieces together....I am getting pretty handy with a seam ripper at least  Roll Eyes

lol nothing like a middle of the night sewing!
thats actually when i do all my sewing cause i cant sleep at night so might as well be productive.  ya hat came out really good tho/  urs fits alot better than mine tho. great job
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009 07:31:53 AM by alwaysinmyroom - Reason: Please do not post pics when quoting » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Walderhaug

That would be me

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2009 02:42:30 AM »

WOW,this is super cool!  Shocked You wouldnt have a mini-tutorial by any chance? Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
J-Wes757
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2009 03:19:15 AM »

WOW,this is super cool!  Shocked You wouldnt have a mini-tutorial by any chance? Roll Eyes

i jus used this and once the base of the product was there i trimmed it to fit my head
http://www.threadbanger.com/post/15378/bomber-hat-pattern
and here is the video for it
http://www.threadbanger.com/tb-projects/episode/THR_20091127/how-to-make-a-bomber-hat-threadbanger-projects#comments
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2009 07:34:04 AM »

awesome job guys! Late night sewing is the best!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

manlyman
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2009 08:43:41 AM »

It's almost 3am and I fly out to Jersey for 3 weeks tomorrow morning and I have yet to pack.  At least I have taken care of the important stuff before going to bed.  Like making a Bomber Hat!

I am so tired and out of it, on two different occasions while making it I sewing the wrong pieces together....I am getting pretty handy with a seam ripper at least  Roll Eyes

lol nothing like a middle of the night sewing!
thats actually when i do all my sewing cause i cant sleep at night so might as well be productive.  ya hat came out really good tho/  urs fits alot better than mine tho. great job

Thanks.  The ear flaps could have come out a lot better(i'll try to post a side view so you can see how they are kinda on the pointy jagged side hahahaha) and I want to work on developing the brim to be more than just decoration, so I can wear the hat with the flaps tied up and the brim down.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am learning to sew and figure skate, I've never felt more manly in my life!
mntsuklaa
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2009 01:37:18 PM »

It's cute! I love the fabric Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
McJulie-O
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2009 01:46:31 PM »

Beyond absolutely cool....
I can hardly wait to try it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlefoxxx4312
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2009 08:06:14 PM »

your hat looks super nice.

i tried making one and i followed the measurements and instructions and everything and it turned out waaaayyyyy too tiny. i dont even have a big head, i'd actually say its on the small side. but the hat could fit a child, i could barely put it on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sophie345
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2009 08:49:30 PM »

oh my god. i have been thinking of making this hat for a while, i absolutely love it. you did such a good job, i love when boys sew!<3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Deconstructed Rose Lip Gloss Library Review
Eye Makeup Tutorial: Applying Eye Shadow
Hard Candy Take Me Out Blue Liner Review
Body Bronzing Spray Tutorial
Trainer Trials: Boxing Basics
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...