A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,658
Currently Running With Scissors:
495 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Scrapbook Swap Rd 2 (Signups-closed, Mail By 2/17/10)  (Read 7821 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

crafty_one

Home is where the Nintendo is

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010 11:25:12 AM »

Can I join?

You won't be able to join in this round as you have to be a member for a month and posted at least 15 times on craftster. I'll be organising more scrap swaps during the year so there will be opportunities for you to join in then!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KMartKid

WakingUpKK.etsy.com

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2010 07:46:28 AM »

I'm excited about this swap.  I got married in November and have been plannign a scrapbook of our first year!  Yeah, this will help get me inspired.
-K  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like apples.
angelofmusic

Cinderella's Castle: from the Rose Garden

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2010 01:21:03 PM »

Oooo...count me in! I've always wanted to do a scrapbook swap! I'm sending in my info now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Frogs have it easy...they can eat what bugs them!
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2010 02:06:30 PM »

I just got the best scrapbooking stuff at Joann's! They are packs with 8 12x12 papers with stickers, die cuts, etc, all kinds of stuff in various themes. Regular price $6, on clearance for $3 but rang up $1.48! I bought like 25 different packs  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 6/2

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
crafty_one

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2010 07:28:57 PM »

I just got the best scrapbooking stuff at Joann's! They are packs with 8 12x12 papers with stickers, die cuts, etc, all kinds of stuff in various themes. Regular price $6, on clearance for $3 but rang up $1.48! I bought like 25 different packs  Grin

I love when you get bargains like that! Joanns sounds like a cool craft shop, I wish there were outlets here in Australia. We do have Spotlight but they lack in the scrapbooking section I feel.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frogangel
I'm willing to do a personal swap! :-)

"Paint it black with a splash of HOT pink!"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2010 11:32:29 AM »

I also got some great deals from Micheal's and I can't wait to get started on my layouts for whoever my partner is. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

angelofmusic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2010 07:21:29 PM »

I'd love to have a Joann's around where I am. Unfortunately, the closest one is 1 hour away. We do have a Michael's and 2 Hobby Lobby's within driving distance (15-30 min) plus a couple of smaller scrapbook shops so my scrapbook budget gets a workout!
What kinds of scrapbooks are you all currently working on? I've got a handful going: 2 Disney albums (plus two more that need to be redone b/c they are in the old magnetic albums from the 90s), my England album, a European vacation tour album, and then I lack a few pages each in my sorority album, college album, and my dog's album. All my books are 12"x12".
Unfortunately, I started scrapbooking when 8.5x11 was in, so I'm still trying to use up that stuff for photo mats and cards.
My best scrapbook deals so far have been on ebay...I bought a ton of Disney themed stuff for super cheap. When I went through everything I bought, it was about $250 worth of supplies (if bought new) and I only paid a total of $50. A few of the items are slightly used (missing a couple of stickers, 1 item out of a pack used, some paper cut in half, etc.) but nothing that I can't use!
Can't wait to get our partners so I can start crafting new pages! Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty_one

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2010 10:46:52 PM »

Wow angelofmusic you sound busy with your scrapbooking!!

I don't scrap chronologically. I mainly scrap to have a creative outlet, though it's a bonus that my kids (and their kids etc) will have something to look back on. The only albums I actually have finished are mini albums I usually do for b'days, holidays, special events, otherwise I just go with the flow. Does anyone else do this? At the moment I am creating quite a few layouts about "everyday life" and not just birthdays, holidays etc. I think it's fun scrapping the everyday things that happen, and I'm also trying to scrap more about myself, as I noticed I'm not in any of my scrapbooks.

I also scrap in different formats -12x12, 8x8, 6x6, 8.5x11, it depends on the mood I'm in. I also love to digi scrap too.

We don't have Michaels or Hobby Lobby here in Australia, though I have a scrapbook shop really close by that stocks alot of the latest stuff, they can be a bit pricey though!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frogangel
I'm willing to do a personal swap! :-)

"Paint it black with a splash of HOT pink!"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2010 11:47:41 AM »

Well, if you were in the 1st scrapbook swap, then you know that I'm new to the whole scrapbook craft. Grin I started my 1st scrapbook with the last swap and used the layouts I got from my awesome partner as my first layouts of the album. Wink I was also lucky enough to receive a very cool scrapbook filled with layouts and LOTS of scrapbooking supplies from another swap I did. So I've been trying to just play around with the stuff I have in my head and see how things come out. So far so good. Wink

I have also been getting things together for a small 6x6 album for my daughter. When she found out that I was going to be doing stuff with scapbooking, she wanted to join in on this craft. And it actually keeps her busy for awhile! Cheesy

I to agree with crafty-one, I love to digi scrap too. And if it wasn't for crafty-one helping me out and letting me know about all the different stuff on the internet, I don't think I would be able to get all the different ideas in my head out on paper. Wink I also do a lot of my own scarpbooking with photo shop, gimp 2 and print artist. So I've been busy with my new craft! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

angelofmusic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2010 10:42:09 PM »

Well, if you were in the 1st scrapbook swap, then you know that I'm new to the whole scrapbook craft. Grin I started my 1st scrapbook with the last swap and used the layouts I got from my awesome partner as my first layouts of the album. Wink I was also lucky enough to receive a very cool scrapbook filled with layouts and LOTS of scrapbooking supplies from another swap I did. So I've been trying to just play around with the stuff I have in my head and see how things come out. So far so good. Wink

Welcome to the world of scrapbooking! Prepare to be sucked into a whirling vortex of papercraft insanity! Lol!
Anywho, I remember when I started, I was in high school and saw a really neat kit at Wal-Mart. I bought it and worked all November and December on a scrapbook of my baby, toddler, and primary school years. I set it up on a card table in Mom's extra bedroom and covered it with a sheet when I wasn't working so she wouldn't see it. She never peeked or figured out what I was doing! That's one of the few times I've made Mom cry over a gift I gave her. After that scrapbook I was hooked! It's funny for me to look back at some of my "early" albums b/c I see all the things I could improve. I keep trying to get Mom to let me fix some of the pages in the book, but she won't let me...guess she loves it just the way it is.
Ok, I'm rambling. Anyway, just wanted to say welcome and let me know if I can be of any help as we all keep learning  and improving our craft!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Must Try Curling Irons
Ways To Make Your Hair Grow Faster
How to Get Great Poolside Hair-Dos
How to Do a Nicole Scherzinger Updo
How to Do a Curly Updo Inspired by Rihanna
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...