A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
459 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My girlfriend is getting some Frou-Frou Kitchen Accessories, lots of pics!  (Read 1630 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« on: December 16, 2009 07:23:47 PM »

Someone gave me a lot of fabric I didn't need, and I started making her family some aprons. Then, after the first set were done, if that wasn't enough, I made her this FROU-FROU '50's style hostess apron. THEN, one thing led to another... she wanted a tablecloth. And, since her kitchen was a bare clean slate, and this fabric was her all the way... I didn't know where to stop.   There are some curtains going to be made too, but this is the first package she's getting....The first picture shows the teapot cozy, and a peek at the placemats, and napkins.

But, first, before all the details, here's two of the other aprons I made her for everyday use...The red one has a P for POP, her hubby's a great cook, and the second one is a parrot panel I had laying around for years...
On Pop's, I made the appliques by hand, and painted them with a gold ink pen, they are a sticky-back fabric I use in my work.

Now, For closeups of the different items... First, these are the placemats. There are six, two are smaller for the kids, plus a large buffet mat. I made her 6 linen napkins, 2 of them are oblong, lap cloths for the kids.  If there's any real interest in a tutorial for this type of placemat, I have the photos. Itis great for round and oval tables, and rarely will you find oval placemats in the store. Getting it right takes effort. The bias and layers will shift and twist if you don't  prep it right. But, it's our family's favorite placemat. I've been making them for years.

I covered a hook bar I had, and threw in a set of magnets I made a while back. Well, they happen to match!

Here's the first time I ever crocheted a flower! It was going to be a dishcloth, but I decided it was going to be a wine glass polisher! Too nice for doing dishes with!

Here's a group shot of everything.

Plus, there are two kid size aprons with a jungle style theme.
She didn't get the actual t-pot, or the t-cup. Those were just props!
That's Mom modeling the apron, and these are her cookies!

Thanks for looking!

« Last Edit: December 16, 2009 11:51:22 PM by KLKing » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009 08:25:23 PM »

Wow, that's some amazing stuff, Karen!  I bet your friend will be thrilled!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009 08:35:31 PM »

Thanks, Muria! I'm worse than a kid when it comes to suprises, I told her already! She's excited! And, there's enough yardage left to do some
doors and a valance in the kitchen! Purple is her favorite color... That fabric is very purple. It may not show up in the photos. Our table is smaller than hers. She's also very tall, so I made the aprons for her height. This girl can make anything look good! That's why the parrot one is looking so long on my mom.
  That crochet work is from some of the cotton yarn eye_on_sparrow gave me in the Christian Christmas Swap! There's enough left for another, but I'm saving it. for something else.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009 08:39:10 PM by KLKing » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Poosel
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009 09:17:36 PM »

I love the parrot apron!!! Very nice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/poosel

Sketchbook Project Theme: Nightmares
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009 12:09:23 AM »

Thanks, Poosel!
  I bought that parrot panel several years ago to do a wall hanging for my SIL's girl, but she ended up changing the theme of her room. So I ended up keeping it. I finally looked at it, and decided it hung around long enough! The ones for the kids have crazy bright lizards, on a bright leaf background. I forgot to take pictures. This whole project started because I looked at those lizard aprons, 75% finished, left over from  2 years ago, when I made some for the church's new nursery. The leftover ones were there because I made several, and got tired of making them. So, I cut the sides down to be smaller, since they were the short bib kind. Then, of course, the parrot one, then Pop's. You can't leave out the real chef in the house!    THEN, I decided to have some fun with all this crazy girly stuff. Funny thing, it's exactly Stacy's style! She LOVES anything grandma-like! And her hubby's so easy-going... he doesn't care if his kitchen is all lavender roses! Not if Stacy's happy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009 05:46:27 AM »

K - these all look fabulous!  Wow. Your friend is going to be blown away by the package! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote now for the New-To-You Recipe Cooking Challenge!
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009 07:54:32 AM »

Thanks, Kaz! I'm sending it out today!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
John Kenney Talks About Truth in Advertising
Paul Yoon on the Inspiration for Snow Hunters
Gabrielle Reece on Why Exercise Is the Answer to Everything
Gabrielle Reece on Finding Balance
Author Gabrielle Reece’s Tips on Marriage
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...