So, for Christmas, I made fleece hats. I had fun making them and they were all well received!
Excuse the poor photos; I swear, I'm a good photographer, the lighting situation was awful when I did these though.
I used this pattern (except where noted): http://clearkid.deviantart.com/art/Fleece-Hat-Tutorial-68772035
1. a dango from the anime Clannad. Reference: http://pinkubentobox.com/autumn07/clannad/dango.jpg
My embroidery is a bit wonky. I haven't embroidered in years.
It's reversible and the inside is two shades of blue:
2. a head-eating hat for a friend who is quite fond of zombies. For the wounds, I bunched the red fleece up a bit as I was sewing it on so it would look kind of oozing. I had drawn the teeth on the cream fabric to have a line to sew on at first, but then abandoned that idea and free-handed them right on the machine. Also reversible but no picture since the only difference is the inside has no face.
3. Two baby sized hats for my nephew. An elf and a soft green and cream one. The green one reverses to all cream. I used the same pattern for the green hat as for the others but scaled it down in an image editor. The elf I just made up as I went along.
4. Very long-eared bunny. The ears act as a scarf. The hat isn't reversible for obvious reasons, but is lined in the lighter purple for warmth.
5. a heartless hat from the videogame Kingdom Hearts. I had made one of these with eyes last year but didn't get good pictures. I made another for myself this year, but wanted it to be a bit less obvious so I left off the eyes. This pattern I made up myself after my friend (who received the first version) sent me some photos of one. It's unlined.
The one from last year (click for larger):
Phew! I hope I didn't overload you with images. I don't post my finished projects often, but when I do I guess I go a little crazy
Comments and constructive criticism welcome!