A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 307,592
Currently Running With Scissors:
517 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Did this scarf make a cute skirt or what!?  (Read 3735 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

spaz2phreek
« on: April 24, 2005 01:04:59 PM »

So this is the first thing I've made that I've posted. I'm stoked. This site rules. It's so awesome to have found something to where I can get questions answered, get inspiration and not feel like a freak cuz I don't know anyone else under 30 who sews. Anyway, like a circle skirt only a square with the tummy of a plain black tee for a waistband, this literally took minutes. And to think this scarf was in my "donate" pile.
 *not sure what I'm doing with the picture stuff so I hope this works*
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/spaz2phreek/Apr2403.jpg
I'm not new to recon stuff. Been doing it for years but nothing like the super creative stuff I've been seeing on here. I am also posting a pic of a Columbia (from Rocky Horror Picture Show) costume i made for my sister. Some loose black pants cut into shorts with glitter puffy paint stripes are the shorts. The top is a black skirt worn hiked up that I glued a million pieces of sequins to and the jacket is aplain black blazer covered with glitter puffy paint. i also used glitter puffy paint on plain black shoes but dont' have those pictured. Took me a weekend and cost maybe $10. She gets mad compliments whenever we go to a Rocky show. I don't know. It's something i'm proud of so I want to show it off. Ayway, hope this pic works, too. *crosses fingers*
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/spaz2phreek/Apr2402.jpg
 here goes....
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012 01:56:23 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft till it hurts.
CactusFlower
CactusFlower

He's so pretty!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005 01:16:22 PM »

You did a really good job on the skirt. I wish I could see it better- does it have fringe? Or did you cut it jaggedly? I love the whole square/circle skirt thing- I've made one that I've yet to post. And I'm also working on a top from a scarf- now you make me want to finish and post.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spaz2phreek
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005 01:30:47 PM »

it's like a crocheted scarf with fringies on the edge. Here's a pic. My camera is only so-so so you can't really see the detail of the square knit pattern it has. but yeah, that's the edge.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft till it hurts.
aada
If I run out of tacos, I can no longer maintain my human form

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005 01:34:20 PM »

Shocked columbia is sooooo my character....*lusts after outfit*

*side note: my mom still won't tell me who she dressed up as when she was my age... Wink*

nice skirt too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eyes of summer

"We are all just prisoners here of our own device"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005 09:58:36 PM »

so...did you cut a slit out of the middle of the scarf?  to make the opening for your waist, i mean? i think thats how you did it, but i'm not sure....

i love the color, by the way.  i love green!

Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Some things in this world are invisible, but that doesn't mean they aren't there.

my crafty blog: http://www.eyesofsummer.blogspot.com/
tinathellama
Oh man!

I am the Depleted Uranium of Feminity!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2005 10:39:39 PM »

AWESOME! I absolutly adore Rocky Horror, and your Columbia costume!

The second to last time I was at a show, my friend Tom was in FULL drag. Like... wow. Drag-i-er than Drag-y. On the way back home (it was like... 3:30am), he decided to go 90 miles per hour on the freeway (he had just seen 2Fast 2Furious). This, apparenlty, is not acceptable in Boring 'ole California. So he gets pulled over, and the cop asks him for his lisence/registration. Tom obeys (keeping in mind that he had not had his lisence for a full year, and because of the silly laws they have in CA you are not supposed to drive after midnight for the first year, unless they is "A lisenced driver in the car, who is over 25 years of age"). He cop looks at Toms lisence, which clearly states his name to be Thomas, and his sex to be "M". The cop looks at Tom. The cop looks at the lisence. The cop looks at Tom. The cop looks at the lisence. The cop looks at Tom, and says, "Do you still live in Ventura?". "Yes Sir", Tom answers. "Well................. you.... have a.... nice......night?"

Whew. Good 'ole Rocky Horror.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

\m/
spaz2phreek
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2005 12:43:34 AM »

Cheesy oh dang that's funny!
The second to last time I was at a show, my friend Tom was in FULL drag. Like... wow. Drag-i-er than Drag-y. On the way back home (it was like... 3:30am), he decided to go 90 miles per hour on the freeway (he had just seen 2Fast 2Furious). This, apparenlty, is not acceptable in Boring 'ole California. So he gets pulled over, and the cop asks him for his lisence/registration. Tom obeys (keeping in mind that he had not had his lisence for a full year, and because of the silly laws they have in CA you are not supposed to drive after midnight for the first year, unless they is "A lisenced driver in the car, who is over 25 years of age"). He cop looks at Toms lisence, which clearly states his name to be Thomas, and his sex to be "M". The cop looks at Tom. The cop looks at the lisence. The cop looks at Tom. The cop looks at the lisence. The cop looks at Tom, and says, "Do you still live in Ventura?". "Yes Sir", Tom answers. "Well................. you.... have a.... nice......night?"
Oh, and thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft till it hurts.
HardCandy
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2005 03:19:32 PM »

thats's so pretty! the frindge at the botom makes it lok like it's ripped and mermaidy, which is a good thing. great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zuzu_da_monkey

You snooze, you lose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2005 11:23:22 PM »

I abosolutely love that skirt. it is soo cute.
if it's not too much trouble, could u give us a totorial..most ppl could probly figure it out themselves, but i'm kinda new, so i dont think i'd be able to
oh, and cool jacket, too
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spaz2phreek
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2005 02:04:34 PM »

This, and other similar threads, is where I got the idea.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=12439.0
Search "circle skirt" for other threads or to see what people have done with this idea.
Don't cut the corners if you want jagged edges. Also, you can cheat when making the wasitband by cutting the tummy portion of an old fitted tee off and folding in half. Ta Da! Super easy. Some fabrics don't need a hem or I used a scarf so the edges were finished. Literally took minutes.  Good luck and thanks for the compliment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft till it hurts.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Hot/Cold Rice Packs
Tute Tuesday: Tea Wallet
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Personalized Pet Collar

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...