A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,496
Currently Running With Scissors:
667 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: prints from my survey course [super img heavy]  (Read 3723 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2009  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

saintvier
« on: December 12, 2009 10:33:55 AM »

I took a print survey course this semester and have finally gotten around to taking pictures of all my work.

teaser image:

This is the first thing I made. It's a collograph printed in relief. We made the plates using signboard and tape and stickers, and I used a pen to carve some lines.

My second plate for the first project. Another collograph, printed in relief and intaglio. I changed which color I used for which process between the two prints.

This is a test plate I knocked out in a day for our linocut project. We were supposed to try different carving techniques. It's a relief print, of course.

Two different prints of my final linocut plate. The first is a bleed print (the paper didn't cover the entire plate) and the second shows the full plate. I think the plate is 8x10 inches.

Our next project was monotypes (ooak prints), so I have a lot of different work. We used plexiglass as our image matrix.

These used the same concept. The people are xerox transfers--I did the original drawings. The lady's frame is a stencil.

A quick monotype drawing.

This was inspired by Waiting for Godot--he reminds me of Didi or Gogo. I rolled out the ink and drew in it with the end of a paintbrush.

I had some fun with the solvents to make this one.

Then we did waterless litho. All the plates are 9x12 in. I made the plate with the skull and the girl, and the rest are prints from plates my classmates made. They're all intaglio.

These are my plates--the first image is just one plate, the other is both printed together. I was inspired by Day of the Dead (the project was right around Halloween)

Here's my two plates with a classmate's. Each plate was printed twice.

Some more of my plate with a classmate's.

I used two of my classmate's plates for this one. I loved the slice of pizza a lot, you can't really see but it has a face!

Our final project was copper etching--I have another post with pictures of my plate in progress lurking around. The plate was 9x13 inches and has both line etch and aquatint. This was my favorite project, although wiping it was an absolute pain! My professor's encouraging me to submit it to a local gallery that showcases student work, which would be awesome.I finally settled on the title 'D.I.Y. Predator.'

What do you think?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
just-fee
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009 10:45:36 AM »

Wow, those are all seriously impressive, I love the linocut ship at sea. You have a real eye for composition and colour. What are your plans for them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Quinndustrious P.
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009 11:00:01 AM »

lovely, all of them! super jealous of your skills, that last one is absolutely gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my pinterest boards! http://pinterest.com/quinnp/
designedbyiggy
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009 11:06:35 AM »

i love the squids the most!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aethelberga
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009 11:42:48 AM »

I think you're really talented and I love them all, but that 'test plate' with the octopus in 4 different styles across the image blows me away.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

saintvier
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009 01:15:24 PM »

thanks, everyone! The ship & octopus is my favorite after the etching, and it's certainly easier to print!

just-fee, I put some of them into a print sale we had last night. I'm not sure about the rest--they're probably destined to be gifts or portfolio pieces.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hopskip09
I am Human

Created to Create

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010 09:11:26 PM »

well, I just love your work. I am so excited to take a class in image-reproduction at my university!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fashion, art, friends, life....
http://erinisbetter.blogspot.com/

God's thunder spits fire...and sends the oak trees dancing, a wild dance, whirling; the pelting rain strips their branches. We fall to our knees-we cry out, "glory".
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010 10:54:28 PM »

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
minouette
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010 01:21:59 PM »

That's quite the collection! Love seeing all the different media. The ship and octopus is my favorite. It's amazing how much the xerox transfers look like etchings. Great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I opened an Etsy shop! Come visit http://minouette.etsy.com

(I have a wist too: http://minouette.wists.com)
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Oscars 2012 Red Carpet Fashion Wins and Fails
Different Celebrity, Same Dress: Kirsten Dunst Vs. Tory Burch
Stars Sporting the Edgy Fashion Style
Hang Loose and Chic in These 3 Beach-Inspired Looks
Anne Hathaway Debuts a White-Hot Gown at The Dark Knight Rises Premiere
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...