A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 309,061
Currently Running With Scissors:
673 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need Lots and Lots of Fast/Cheap Gift Ideas!  (Read 1634 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

groundedpidgeon
« on: December 11, 2009 07:43:41 PM »

Ok, I'm on a pretty limited budget and, as I'm sure you've already realized, Christmas is coming up reeeeally fast. So I need cheap and quick ideas for people.

My mom - Very crafty; loves coffee; not very girly; likes simple, practical things. She's amazing and I'd really like to give her something amazing, but I'm drawing a blank.

My brother (21) - Very into music; don't see him very often (living in a different city with his girlfriend because of school); sort of stylish/hipster-ish; drinks but not a toooonnnn.

My boyfriend (18) - Gamer; likes music; loves anime; sorta mushy, but not openly. I've already sort of got an idea for him though, I'm just not sure I'll finish it in time.  I'm working on a crocheted blanket (kind of like the Super Mario Raccoon blanket that's somewhere on Craftster) where it's going to be a pixelated image and each pixel will be a small granny square. It's going to be Master Chief.

My mom's boyfriend - Not very sentimental or into celebrating Christmas; we give each other a hard time a lot; I'd prefer some sort of gag gift.

The best friends - One female(21)/one male(19). Both have similar tastes in stuff. Like music; adult swim; Invader Zim; Female is pretty crafty, male is very into music/playing guitar; I have an idea for both of them. For her: Gir (from Invader Zim) hat, kinda like one I've seen on here, but probably the robot version of Gir. For him: Fingerless gloves.

Now for my dad's side of the family. I separated this because I wanted to make it clear that these people don't like me much. They put up with me and pretend to like me during holidays. And since I don't have much time, none of them are getting anything big. This doesn't apply to my dad, he actually does like me.

My dad - Likes Peanuts (the comic, like with Snoopy and Charlie Brown, not the food); likes golfing; likes watching football (especially the Packers); likes cookies/baked goods/taco bell; works at the post office; would pretty much like anything I got for him.

My stepmom - Girly; likes lotions, soaps, other girly smelling stuff; likes football (especially the Packers); used to scrapbook, not sure if she still does.

My grandmother - I really don't even know what to say about her...

My grandfather - Likes watching golf, but can't really golf himself anymore because of health problems; has emphysema; likes computers. He's actually a really, really sweet man.

My aunt - Likes girly stuff; loves spending money/acting like she has a lot of money...

My uncle - Likes computers; golf; football, I think?

My other uncle - Likes watching football; old music; lives on his own, but is mentally handicapped so he needs help with quite a bit of stuff.

My cousins - One male(19)/one female(14?) - Both pretty stuck-up; into sports (both soccer, and she likes swimming, unless something's changed since I last saw them); they get everything they want, so I really don't know what to get them...

And I'd like to think of something generic and small to hand out to random friends at school and stuff.

Sorry this list is so long, any help is greeeeatly appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

marcusandila
Fairy Tales are Real

A TRUE LOVE Story Never Ends

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009 11:05:17 PM »

Your mom - Well, since she loves coffee...I'd go for a personalized coffee mug [or set] just get a coffee cup & a porcelain paint pen. draw/write what you want on there. i seen somewhere on here on how to make yarn out of old fabric/clothes so if she crochets or knits that would be a great gift for her.

your brother (21) - messenger bag. etched glasses/shotglasses

your boyfriend (18) - hat and scarf set come to mind. fleece or crocheted/knitted.

your mom's boyfriend - vagina chocolates lol. or the boob pillow.

The best friends - One female(21)/one male(19). if you decide not to go with the things that you want to, maybe stenciled shirts. they are really easy to do or etch glasses.

your dad's side:

your dad - stencil him a peanuts shirt & accompany with roasted peanuts/things with nuts lol

your stepmom - make her some soaps or just pick out a few things that smell good from the dollar tree.

your grandmother - book from the dollar tree & a bookmark

your grandfather - modgepodge a box with golfing pictures. fill with sweets or peanuts/etc

your aunt - washer necklace [tute here on craftster]

your uncle - etch a mug with his name

your other uncle - etch him a mug too

your cousins - One male(19)/one female(14?) - fleece hats/scarfs... female, also a washer necklace.

something generic and small to hand out to random friends at school and stuff: poor man's turtles [here on craftster] with cards

hope that helped. its kinda hard to give ideas when you didnt say what you can do/budget/amount of stash/etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY BLOG
MY PINTEREST
Momma to Cade & Cas
*Personal Swap? Yeahhh!*
sminto
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009 08:08:28 PM »

Wow, lots of people!

Have you thought about baking/cooking something to just pass out? For instance, for my bosses I made a bunch of chocolate truffles and reindeer chow and put them in decorated boxes. oh, and i put a candy cane that i decorated to look like rudolph!

anyhow. there's tons of stuff like that. you can do hot cocoa mix, hot chocolate on a stick, a cupcake take along, or check out www.bakerella.com - she has TONS of super cute baking ideas!

For your mom, since she likes coffee, I've seen stencilsyou can use to make cool images on top of your coffee. Or a personalized mug.

Boyfriend, look at the in a "in a box" thing/generic boyfriend gifts on the Misc. Brain Blockage thread. I like the idea you already have though!

Brother - Send some custom shot glasses. Things he'll need since he's living w/ his girlfriend. stenciled shirts/bags. magnets.

mom's bf- get a gag gift that's related to his interests. i got my boyfriend an unputtable golf ball since he likes golfing, ha. check out www.spencers.com

hope that helps.
but for your dads side of the family, if you feel like they don't like you, i'd make something in bulk and pass it out. make cutesy trays of desserts, bake some bread, or the ideas i mentioned at the beginning.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein
Check out my blog, Scissors and a Whisk!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Science Behind the Perfect Brownie Recipe
Mango and Coconut Milk Ice Pop Recipe
How to Make a Blueberry Upside Down Cake
Lavender and Raspberry Mille-Fuille Recipe
Mojito Cake Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
April 17, 2015 Featured Projects
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Mini-Cabinet
Laundry Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...