A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,791
Currently Running With Scissors:
667 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My first scrapbook [Image obese for your viewing pleasure!]  (Read 1805 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: December 11, 2009 05:05:56 PM »

So, I made an awesome (first time) scrapbook for my then-boyfriend and I's anniversary. We didn't quite last to that day, so I never gave him the book. I hate to throw away these pages even though it was a messy break-up, so I figured I'd share and maybe spark some ideas for everyone, I love looking at the other posts of layouts :]

The cover, has a senior picture of each of us with names, and the elementary school we met at.

He said the thing that got him interested in me was a conversation about his trip to New Orleans, so I printed off the pieces of it and glued them to cardstock in a fan display.

One of my favorite pages, our first date at the carnival.

I never got around to putting pictures on the page, but he was always cutting down trees, hoeing the garden, or putting up shelves.

The first page for prom

The other one, our school's colors were purple and gold. Another favorite page.

Our graduation page, I put a picture his grandma got of us kissing as everyone threw up their hat, and put our little announcement namecard things beside it.

I really like this page. He taught me how to fish, and so I caught a picture of him getting a stick, and then one of me to which I glued the back hook of a button cut in half (hard to explain but it looked like a hook) and stuck a huge fish on the end to make myself feel better about not catching anything.

One of the most terrifying drives of my life, he took me to the top of a ridge in the valley we live in, scary as you-know-what. Then we hiked down to the river and saw some spiffy cave drawings and whatnot.

The 4th of July page...we took so many pictures trying to get decent ones of the fireworks. The next day, I realized I had a fireworks setting on my camera xD

And some pressed plants from our camping trip over the 4th of July weekend.

Unfortunately I have tons more pictures for more pages, but I never got around to them. Enjoy!

My whipped ice dairy drink brings the attention of many males to my place of residence and/ or employment, and they declare that its quality far surpasses that of yours. Absolutely, it far surpasses yours. I could convey to you the recipe, but i would have to demand compensation.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009 10:06:50 PM »

Wow this was really really cool.
That makes me sad that you broke up because those seemed like beautiful memories..
You might want to remember that when the harsh breakup feelings die down a little.. I'd store them in a safe place far far away lol
Coupon Queen and Scrapbooker Extraordinaire!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009 11:06:22 AM »

I think you did a great job!!!! And as tempting as it is to throw it away over a break up, dont! I regret doing that with my 1st boyfriend...not that Im in love with the manchild still (hahahaha he's never grown up!) but it would have been nice to keep some old teenage memories to show my kids now these days! I had a jealous 1st husband who destroyed anything I had with previous boyfriends in it (pics, letters, you name it). How insecure is that?  Undecided

I love your pages though! GREAT JOB!!! Smiley

smile! it makes people wonder what you're up to

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010 11:30:29 PM »

you got some really great layouts! It is sad that you broke up but listen, never throw them away!! Make an album for yourself like I did, I call it my "how I grew up" book and I have lots of photos from every part of my life including old boyfriends because at the time they were a big part of my life. Don't worry, one day you'll look back and say "yeah my boyfriend and I did ....." and the memory will be a great one!

If you made it, I'll love it!
I'll swap ya for it Smiley
check out my wists www.wists.com/Juliana13
I'm on Pinterest too! use it more than wists.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Worst Dressed With Petra Nemcova
Wear Black and White For the Holidays and Stand Out
How to Choose the Perfect Coat for Fall
How to Straighten Your Shirt Collar with a Flat Iron
Did Harry Styles Deserve His British Fashion Icon Award?
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kindling Bundle
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters
@Home This Weekend: Rustic Wreath

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...