A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,374
Currently Running With Scissors:
702 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: AMIGURUMI Bobblehead of Fallout 3  (Read 6193 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cranberrry2001
« on: December 11, 2009 12:01:12 PM »

12/7/09 How many husbands out there play this game and wish the Bobblehead were real?? Well my friends, this lil beaut is the kind he can take to bed and remember what it's like to be a kid! Cheesy Or... have at his desk as a conversation piece - the skies the limit really Smiley. Bobblehead stands from top of his hair to the heel of his boots - 7 inches tall. Bobblehead is complete with safety eyes and everything else is thread or poly filled!

Minus the last pic, as that's the real deal plastic bobble head I was going for. ... all things tolled, making this man out of thin air and going to town with a thread and a hook, I'm pretty impressed with myself (maybe more so cause the hubby said he was Wink) Smiley

I thought I was finished with him last night when my husband informed me that he needs to have a stand - that's part of the bobble head, and he's right. I don't play the game so I didn't know. It was a bummer to hear that though - in that I wanted to be done with him - I'd spent all Sunday working on this guy (and honestly my fingers were sore) so to ask me to keep going when I thought I was done was really a taller order than anything else.

but... it you going to do anything might as well do it right - no?? Wink

12/9/09 The Bobblehead stand...

... is finished - and he is now "complete" my mister said it was pretty much imperative that I make a stand to go with him - so while it took longer to do and my fingers hurt :S the mister was right Smiley . Mr. Bobblehead can stand on his own now too without much coaxing so its good stuff Wink.

Please let me know what you think as C & C are always welcome and appreciated Wink. Thank you for reading! ~Dawn

oh - P. S. WITH the stand - he's something like 8 inches tall Wink

« Last Edit: December 11, 2009 05:01:53 PM by cranberrry2001 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

WooWork
www.woowork.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009 04:58:05 PM »

The retro Bobblehead character is what initially attracted me to the Fallout 3 game! It's amazing how you recaptured the details so that he was instantly recognizable, even in the thumbnail picture.

Did you weight down the stand with anything heavy? I was thinking of crocheting a mini-trophy for a family member, and was considering placing a tuna can inside the base/stand!

Congrats on the thoughtful gift!

« Last Edit: December 11, 2009 04:58:48 PM by WooWork » THIS ROCKS   Logged

View more of my crochet creations at WooWork.com
Terracruz
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009 06:01:12 PM »

This is really awesome. I knew EXACTLY what it was when I saw the thumbnail.
Excellent job! I'm not going to let my DH see this (and get any ideas. Wink)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Terra
TheLitlOne

Yeah, I'm Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009 01:55:44 AM »

Yep, that's definately the bobblehead fella from fallout 3. mmmhmmm. and ya know what? He looks mighty fine!! really though, this is great! Now I kind of want a giant one to cuddle hehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wawamommy
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009 07:06:10 AM »

Don't know the game, but I think he's cute all the same!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nven
Also known as Aeramel

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009 08:58:54 AM »

Seeing this guy made my morning.  Both my husband and I play the game, so its a realy treat to see a bobbleheah in crochet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in personal swaps; offering knits for eco baby and mama items.
cranberrry2001
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009 07:41:44 PM »

The retro Bobblehead character is what initially attracted me to the Fallout 3 game! It's amazing how you recaptured the details so that he was instantly recognizable, even in the thumbnail picture.

Did you weight down the stand with anything heavy? I was thinking of crocheting a mini-trophy for a family member, and was considering placing a tuna can inside the base/stand!

TY WooWork! Smiley I apprecaite the comments and encouragement as I've seen your work and it's always inspiring! Smiley so kudos to you! And again, thank you! Cheesy

This is really awesome. I knew EXACTLY what it was when I saw the thumbnail.
Excellent job! I'm not going to let my DH see this (and get any ideas. Wink)

ty ty Smiley my hubby loves it! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cranberrry2001
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009 07:44:38 PM »

Yep, that's definately the bobblehead fella from fallout 3. mmmhmmm. and ya know what? He looks mighty fine!! really though, this is great! Now I kind of want a giant one to cuddle hehe
tee hee - you make me smile Smiley ty ty Smiley life size one - if you help me I'll make him - what an undertaking Wink lol

Don't know the game, but I think he's cute all the same!   Grin
ty wawamommy! Smiley

Nven I haven't played this game yet - hope it's as awesomeas it seems! Cheesy What a way to bond Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cranberrry2001
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2009 07:47:33 PM »

sorry! Forgot to answer your question :0) No tuna cans were harmed (lol Smiley) in the making of this encourager Smiley I slightly stuffed the base and pulled a thread from the center of the top to the bottom loosely once. The Bobblehead stands on his own actually but his head will flop around in true bobblehead fashion if you have him in your hand and shake him Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ConnieStieler
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2009 10:04:14 AM »

Cheesy OMG so awesome!!! He looks great! Do you happen to have a pattern?  My brother-in-law is so obsessed with the Fallout franchise, he even has a tattoo lol.  I would just love to make this for xmas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Shannon Ray Tries a Detoxifying Seaweed Wrap
7 DIY Beauty Treatments Straight From Your Pantry
Birchbox May 2015: Cupcakes and Cashmere
Four Everyday Makeup Tricks from Cupcakes and Cashmere
VF COLLECTIONS: No. 21 - Fall 2015 - Milan Fashion Week - Runway & Designer Interview
Latest Blog Articles
Tomato/Tomahto
Meatless Monday: Veggie Bolognese Sauce
Mountain Views

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...