A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,395
Currently Running With Scissors:
885 Guests and 42 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Froth-y & Bat Necklaces  (Read 5028 times)
Tags for this thread: necklace  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

HippiePunk

Oooh...shiny pretty objects!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2009 01:41:18 PM »

Wow. I love how simple and beautiful your designs are. I've totally favorited your shop on my etsy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We live in a rainbow of chaos
tehbunnykins
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2009 09:05:19 PM »

I love them all, but "we're all mad here" is my favorite!

Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Red Paint

I think it's broken.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2009 10:00:00 PM »

LOVE! Nice work, all of them -- especially love the bubbles.  How on earth did you do these?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
designedbyiggy
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2009 02:40:11 AM »

i like the bat the bestest. i also like the bubbles one because it reminds me of crop circles. really cool. xx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GRABthatUKE
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2009 02:19:44 PM »

Completely awesome! I can't decide which one i like the best.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TomatoBlight
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2009 07:20:37 AM »

so awesome! Love the alice themed ones! Perhaps this will be my chrismas present to myself...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am a fruit!!

find me here: http://tomatoblight.blogspot.com/
DeborahinNS
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2009 09:39:40 PM »

hi!
I'm always curious when I see your posts - do you had cut these or are they laser cut?
great designs!

ice nice NICE...I recognize the fonts...do you use a digital cutter? Would you share what size/weight steel you use. These are delightful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
UntamedMenagerie
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2009 12:06:27 AM »

Thank you so much for your kind messages! I hope everyone had a great weekend! Smiley

I am unable to pierce thicker gauge steel with my blades made for softer metals (like sterling or copper), so these are machine pierced and then the details are filed. Smiley Depending on the design I will work with anything from 14 gauge to 26 gauge to make sure I have the right weight and strength for the piece. I cut the main silhouette using a laser my uncle has for his business; they have a laser cutter for ductwork. This machine will cut brass, mild steel, stainless steel, and lots of other metals, woods, and plastics. Originally he had a plasma machine I used which is excellent for large pieces like wall art, but on small jewelry it causes a lot of burring and it's difficult to clean and finish.

I then use my jeweler's files for these and they work very well with cleaning interior cuts and rounding edges. I also have a set of carbon steel files which are excellent to use to enlarge holes and rework finer details as both plasma and laser cutters leave a lot of excess on the steel that must be removed, as well as marks from heat. I always use a hand brushed finish even though the steel sheeting I use is brushed beforehand.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy Shop: http://untamedmenagerie.etsy.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/nikkimenagerie

The whole difference between construction and creation is exactly this: that a thing constructed can only be loved after it is constructed; but a thing created is loved before it exists-Dickens
xquisit
I Love Stone :D !!

I Love Stone :D !!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2009 09:43:47 PM »

The bubble necklace is amazing!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Love Stone Cheesy !!

my Etsy: http://xquisit.etsy.com

my Twitter: http://twitter.com/XquisitC
acidtrix
hell yeah

To the Bat Tank!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2009 01:02:10 PM »

Thank you so much for your kind messages! I hope everyone had a great weekend! Smiley

I am unable to pierce thicker gauge steel with my blades made for softer metals (like sterling or copper), so these are machine pierced and then the details are filed. Smiley Depending on the design I will work with anything from 14 gauge to 26 gauge to make sure I have the right weight and strength for the piece. I cut the main silhouette using a laser my uncle has for his business; they have a laser cutter for ductwork. This machine will cut brass, mild steel, stainless steel, and lots of other metals, woods, and plastics. Originally he had a plasma machine I used which is excellent for large pieces like wall art, but on small jewelry it causes a lot of burring and it's difficult to clean and finish.

I then use my jeweler's files for these and they work very well with cleaning interior cuts and rounding edges. I also have a set of carbon steel files which are excellent to use to enlarge holes and rework finer details as both plasma and laser cutters leave a lot of excess on the steel that must be removed, as well as marks from heat. I always use a hand brushed finish even though the steel sheeting I use is brushed beforehand.  Smiley

Thanks so much for all the info! your work is fabulous ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check me out at www.acidtrix.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Stylish Skirts In Sheer Fabrics
Victoria Beckham Designs Chic Denim
How to Dress for Your Hair Color: Brunette
Beyonce Debuts Her New Bob on Stage
Nasty Gal Designs Shoe Cult Collection
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...