A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 300,914
Currently Running With Scissors:
512 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Does anyone have a Quickutz Silhouette???  (Read 763 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Indiana
« on: December 10, 2009 06:17:01 AM »

Hi All,

I don't normally hang out in these here parts however I am looking at buying a Quickutz Silhouette for my assorted crafting projects and I thought you guys would be the best people to ask. So, if you've got one or have used one, what do you think of it and how does it compare to other digital craft cutters? I've read nothing but good reviews but I'd like to hear from some real people if you know what I mean?

Thanks in advance!
 Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm interested in personal swaps, PM me!

Happy Crafting! Smiley
meggeeohfour
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009 05:27:44 PM »

I got my Silhouette last month and I love it! I couldn't be happier with it. It came with a 6 month free download card, and then your other 6 months are given to you half price.  Shocked You can cut almost anything (thicker cardstock you may have to go over, but this is REALLY simple to do) and they also have 2 other options; Print and Cut, and sketch.

Print and Cut: This is where you choose your images and get it situated and print them on a regular printer, then you load that paper into the Silhouette and it cuts your images. And the best part is you can also make your own.

Sketch: They are making new images just for this feature and you simply insert a special sketch pen and instead of cutting the image it will draw it for you.

Silhouette is also constantly coming up with new features and now they have a rhinestone program out, where you use special images and you use transfer paper and put the image on a card, clothing etc. and easily decorate it with rhinestones.

I'm not sure how this machine compares to others, but the only downside I could see is that it doesn't cut 12x12 which may be a downside for scrapbookers. Although I scrapbook, I don't use this size so it really isn't a problem for me. I'm not sure if you have checked out their blog, but its great and shows all the features better than I could describe. http://silhouettemachine.blogspot.com/

I hope this helps and has answered any questions you may have. SOrry for the wordy response.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my etsy store! www.megan6986.etsy.com
Indiana
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009 11:46:10 PM »

Thanks so much, Meggeeohfour. I really appreciate the "wordy response". I think I've made up my mind to get the Silhouette for sure. I am so excited with all the things I'll be able to do! Yay! Cheesy

Thanks again.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm interested in personal swaps, PM me!

Happy Crafting! Smiley
meggeeohfour
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009 08:40:18 AM »

You will LOVE it. There are so many new things I'm learning about it already, and I already thought it was awesome to begin with Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my etsy store! www.megan6986.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Iron Man speed painting
Sketching a Portrait in Photoshop
How to Get Started with Adobe Soundbooth Lesson 2
How to Get Started with Adobe Soundbooth Lesson 1
Introduction to Adobe Photoshop - Overview
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...