A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 299,132
Currently Running With Scissors:
671 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Mia Skirt  (Read 724 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

akuma2636

Is making a geeklet :D!

View Profile WWW
« on: December 09, 2009 10:20:16 PM »

I showed my fiance's little sister my Sailor Mercury outfit and I was like "do you like it?"
She goes "Oh! I love it!"
So I decided to make her a skirt based off my Sailor Mercury skirt design Cheesy

Pretty good for a 2nd REAL skirt Tongue

What do you guys think?

I was thinking about making her older sister a pretty skirt too, but I ran out of blue material... Maybe I'll make her one from scraps in my fabric box, and embroider it with a H for Honi ^_^

Also, I need ideas, I just found out I'm pregnant, and I was to craft a lot for it ^_^, what kind of things should I make? I'm still quite a beginner in the sewing department, and I'm quite poor. So what do you guys think? Any simple ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://project-a-la-boredom.blogspot.com/

Please have a look at my blog Cheesy! It's not much, but it's mine ^_^
I.D.ten.T error

Randy Marsh, you're my hero

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009 04:50:01 PM »

Very nice!
and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!   Smiley
Sewing for babies is hight addictive.. I warn you now.  And there are TONS of things that you can make for them before they get here.  Make your self a diaper bag, you can make it how ever you want, and those things cost like $70 or more, I crocheted mine, It has like a bazillion pockets.  You can never have too many pockets for keeping little baby things.
Hats, onsies, sleepers, pants are all pretty easy to make as well.  I have a McCalls pattern set that gives you premie - large sizes for about ten different items.. and they're pretty basic to put together.  Just remember that commercial patterns run big, I just made a dress for a friends's newborn, and it fits my 14 lb five month old perfectly. lol (it was the premie size, but I never do proper seam widths,  Embarrassed
Baby blanktes are fun to make as well, and you can personalize them so much.  You're gonna eventually need a TON of bibs (mine just started teething and she goes through about 5-6 a day!!), and they're pretty straightforward sewing as well..
I also made a bunch of soft stuffed blocks, little stuffed balls, tagg toys (blankets, blocks, balls with folded ribbons randomly sewn into the seams) Babies LOVE these things. lol

I was quite poor when I started my baby sewing extravaganza, but there are ways around this.  You can get lots of material from bed sheets or overized clothing you can find in thrift stores.  I am a member of a free cycle group and i posted that i was looking for fabrics and got a TON of stuff.  I also got SUPER DUPER lucky and found an aff on craigslist for free stuffed animal material.  Turns out the guy had about a transport truck load of teddy bear/ stuffie fabrics in about every coulour under the sun, and my MIL had a mini van Smiley  we stuffed that baby to the tits! lol
I also find a bunch of nice fabircs in the rememnats bin at Fabric land.  You can get a couple of outfits for a baby out of one meter of the right material.
And doen't forget to sew for yourself!!  Eventually you wont fit into any of your clohes, and it just doesnt make sence to pay a crap load of money for maternity clothes when you're gonn out grow them in a litle bit (or shrink out of them)  There are a bunch of tute on here on how to make maternity jeans etc..
but anyways wow. thats alot of typing.  excuse the typos, for some reason I can't actually see what i'm typing lol)   

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cathy Erway on Honing Your Interests
Cathy Erway on How to Find a Literary Agent Right For You
Eleven Days in August
Graeme Simsion on the Rosie Project
Mario Livio on Brilliant Blunders
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...