A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,724
Currently Running With Scissors:
442 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show me your Christmas tree!  (Read 16868 times)
Tags for this thread: christmas_tree  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: December 25, 2009 09:40:28 AM »

Megzy818, that is pretty much what my tree looks like every morning, then I fix it, and then they distroy it.... endless cycle I guess....  But it looks like it was once pristine!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pjherbert

He is such a little stinker!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2009 10:48:29 PM »

I think all the spraying I did with the water bottle last year must have left a lasting impression.... two cats and I only fixed the beads one time! I am in shock. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

FabricFun

Used to be FunThreads

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2010 10:28:30 AM »

Here's ours. I have a ton of handmade ornaments and of course a photo of each child on their first Christmas is front and center Grin I don't really like balls.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ojy

E.C.? Meh. Spike is way hotter.

« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2010 01:48:51 AM »

I was finally able to find the card reader to upload photos and wanted to share our Yule tree.

We have an 7' artificial tree. I love the real ones but they make me break out like crazy and not be able to breathe. Sad  I decorate it as simply as possible - that way there is less for the cats to knock off of it. This year it has pine cones, mirrors, and clip on candle lights (which took forever to find - I started looking for them for the 2008 holiday season, and finally found a local store carrying them AFTER the holidays had passed. But hey, I got them 50% off because of it! I call that a win.) I forgot and never did turn the lights on, all season. Oh, it has a snowflake on top too.

For some reason it looked fuller once I put the presents under it.

My favorite decoration...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swaps:

-----------
Will do personal swaps to receive fabric yardages. Also, if you are looking for costume work, I will work in trade or swap. I have an available Singer Pixie, is anyone interested?
Lilibet

Princess of Lust

Princess of Lust

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2010 04:02:13 AM »

Clearly afwully late, but it took ages to get my brother to upload the pics I had taken during decorating our tree. I think we're one of few that still have a real tree. But we always make sure that we have a tree with the roots still attached, so we put them back in our garden. Some trees have florished there, for sure.
On top of that, we collect nativity scenes, so I'll add some extra pictures of our Christmas house (while it is snowing in Belgium, again). For two years now, I have been trying to add some selfmade red Christmas stras in the tree, that I have crocheted over time. I've lost my ten stars so far, plus the pattern. *head bang*

The general colour scheme is red and green. When we grew up, mum (kindergarten teacher) decided to make our tree more childfriendly. All the decorations are made out of wood. We have some Playmobil Christmas decoration too.

Four boxes, filled to the very top, with just Christmas stuff, mainly nativity scenes (+75 this year)

And even more *blush*

First window. Scenes from Germany, Ecuador, Israel (olive wood) and Paraguya (Might be some other country)

CD rack... Scenes from Germany, a very kitsh (sp?) from Belgium, Bolivia and Sicily. Oh, and the one with the pink-mile stable is from France, and it was my parents' first scene.

Window two. That wooden tower nativity scene is typically from Germany. You put candles underneath the wings and when you burn them, it slowly (or should) turn around. The scene with the blue background is the Playmobil scene :p.

Cupboard... Scenes from Germany, Congo, Nigeria (we think), Sri Lanka and even Vietnam.

Last cupboard... Still unfinished, as you might see. Scenes from Spain, Venice, France, Mexico and Egypt.

Because this is a craft forum after all... My own made scene! Technically, my dad's :p. I was about four when we made it, hence the blue sheperds and green sheep.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you a fellow Craftster that is addicted to all sorts of Facebook games? PM me, so we can play together!
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/lilibet/pins/
EKO

http://ekoscraftylife.blogspot.com/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2010 12:40:20 PM »

I have been watching this thread since the beginning and have loved to see all of your trees, I took a picture of our tree as soon as it was up but with all of the crazy ness going on in our house during December I am just now getting a chance to up load photos to our website.

Here is our tree, it is done in silver white and red ( with a few exceptions)  it has a combination of bulbs, home made and passed on family ornaments. there is also a large percentage of snowflake ornaments (my tattoo is a snowflake I have always liked them)  there are white lights however it is hard to see with the flash on the camera.

the other decoration in my house that I really like is my railing, unfortunately this photo was taken before the stockings were hung from it, I will have to take that picture next year.

Finally the reason for the crazy ness in our house this December, our best Christmas present.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit me at my blog
http://ekoscraftylife.blogspot.com/

Current swaps
sss23- all sent and all received.
Megzy818

Happily married to my best friend

« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2010 02:41:10 AM »

and and adorable reason for craziness at that Smiley congratulations

and lilibet i love all of the nativity scenes

and belladune my cats were such a pain in the butt with the tree i dont understand! lol last year our big cat didnt go near the tree once but it was out kittens first Christmas maybe he will be a little more mellow next year, but im not going to hold my breath on that one lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud ARMY brat and NAVY Wife!!! 08/05/08
http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1414000172&ref=profile
Hippos are my favorite Smiley
ojy

E.C.? Meh. Spike is way hotter.

« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2010 06:46:09 AM »

and belladune my cats were such a pain in the butt with the tree i dont understand! lol last year our big cat didnt go near the tree once but it was out kittens first Christmas maybe he will be a little more mellow next year, but im not going to hold my breath on that one lol

Yeah, chances are they will still be. My babies (the feline ones) are just about a year old. Last year's (2008) tree was still up when they moved in and they destroyed it. This year (2009) had little difference. Note the last picture of my tree in my previous post. That was my favorite ornament. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swaps:

-----------
Will do personal swaps to receive fabric yardages. Also, if you are looking for costume work, I will work in trade or swap. I have an available Singer Pixie, is anyone interested?
Megzy818

Happily married to my best friend

« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2010 01:00:57 PM »

We are thinking about getting a real tree next year mainly because the "branches" are so bent on the faux tree we have that there are 3 huge gaps that we cant get closed up, I'm thinking a real tree may hold up better of course it all depends on where we will be for Christmas...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud ARMY brat and NAVY Wife!!! 08/05/08
http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1414000172&ref=profile
Hippos are my favorite Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Steps to Hide a Grown-Out Fringe
5 Steps to a Grecian Twist
5 Steps to a Braided Updo
How to Stop Hair Static
Liv Tyler For Pantene in Chilled
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...