A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,360
Currently Running With Scissors:
692 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show me your Christmas tree!  (Read 19840 times)
Tags for this thread: christmas_tree  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

melyssa_marie
so tacky its classy

tattooeddahlia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2009 05:01:29 PM »

i adore that red reindeer head. your whole tree is so lovely! that skirt is so sweet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittenana
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2009 09:18:53 PM »

Here's our tree. My husband wanted black ornaments and I chose purple to go with it.

I thought that the topper I had picked out looked a little blah, so I added feathers that happened to match the color scheme. I think my new motto is "When in doubt, add feathers".
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Stars_Fire_17
Drop the Yarn and no one gets hurt!

Kitten

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2009 11:51:43 AM »

Here's our tree. My husband wanted black ornaments and I chose purple to go with it.

Oh wow its lovely Smiley I really like black and purple together and its not like everyone elses Smiley  Hehe great motto.  Feathers are fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kit

"Stars, hide your fires, Let not light see my black and deep desires"
PrincessJasmine
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2009 08:20:19 AM »

Oh my goodness, those feathers are awesome!!

Well, here's my trees - kind of pic heavy so I put in thumbnails instead.
My husband is a huge Texas Longhorns fan, so I wanted to do a burnt Orange themed tree to celebrate our team's trip to the National Championship bowl game.  It is decorated on all sides.  This is a 12' tree with 2,000 lights, 100 yards ribbon, 500 ornaments (including 400 various shaped balls, ~100 Orange glittery Christmas picks, and collectables), lots of tinsel and a burnt orange tree skirt, that is way too small.  There are two matching table centerpieces and two smaller ones for end tables.  I'll bring in more tables for Christmas dinner.

Right View

Left View

Wreath

I've also got all my older Christmas stuff which is Red in the other living room.  It has all the collectable ornaments and sentimental ones that my kids have made.  There are two matching table centerpieces and a bunch more red glass elesewhere in the house.  I usually decorate the staircase but found all my bows from last year were crushed. I don't have the engergy to make new ones this year, so that's all I'm doing Smiley

I am hoping to find a matching tree for the right side of the fireplace for next year, and hope to get it on clearance at the end of the season Smiley

I also have a candy cane wreath on the front door which I did not get a picture of.

I hope you enjoyed my trees, and I hope my trees show how much I love Jesus.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BlueCherryFaerie
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2009 11:44:01 AM »

I have 2 trees.

My Main tree in the living room has our meaningful ornaments on it (like the ones I bought for my kiddos first Christmas, my first vacation, etc.)

Usually I have ribbon or beads or something like that on it, but we lost that box in the move.  Meaning its buried in the garage somewhere.

My favorite tree is my candycane/snowflake tree.

I made the red and white garland out of red heart yarn on a knitting spool.  I alternated colors every 8 rows or so.  The tree is a combination of store bought and hand made ornaments.  I made some poinsettias out of red pipe cleaners and white beads.  I made red and white snoflakes out of wire and beads.  Below the tree I made some red fabric Christmas trees (some beaded).  Most of the bought ornaments are balls, snowflakes, red and white candy, and icicles.

I haven't made a topper for it yet, but I will, when I figure out what I want for it.

I may make a similar garland for my larger tree, if I can figure out what colors I want to use.  I like it because its nice and thin but looks like a scarf wrapped around the tree.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

arimethia
The likes of you

Look out, Portland. I'm so indie.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2009 01:46:25 PM »

Oh so pretty! The garland must have taken you forever! Its beautiful! (I have a special place in my heart for fake, colored christmas trees!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alhrayth
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2009 07:38:35 AM »

My tree is very simple but I love it anyway. It used to be only transparent/iridescent stuff for years, then last year I added some white bits after some decorations a friend gave me. Then when I painted my living room lilac, I decided to add some purple to the tree this year...

(I esp. like the stars hanging on the window behind it... it's all glittery and nice when the sun shines! And excuse the wet bit on the tablecloth, I had a mishap watering a plant and I noticed only now that I didn't cut it out of the pic)

closer, with flash

at night, with lights

some details
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jane Doe
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2009 11:24:46 PM »

Every year until this year, I've bought a real tree.
Because we're traveling on the 26th, and due to expensive prices on real trees, we just couldn't buy a real tree.
So here was our compromise.

I'll probably buy a tree next year, but this Christmas I love my non-existent tree Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Your life is what you make of it

« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2009 06:33:18 AM »

Hi Jane!  Kiss

Your light tree brought back a memory of when my dad was stationed in Turkey in December 1963...there was no money or time to get a real tree, so he made one like yours!  We woke up Christmas Day to the fabulous tree--it is still one of my favorite trees of all time!!

Thanks for posting and giving me warm fuzzies!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2009 10:30:19 AM »

That light tree is fantastic! You are right about the price of real trees! Yikes! We paid $53 for ours!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Joseph Maroon Talks About the Future of His Research
Ellen Crosby Reveals Where She Would Like to Be
Jeff Nichols Talks About Trainwreck
Bethenny Frankel Talks About Naturally Thin
Crescendo Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...