A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 305,018
Currently Running With Scissors:
390 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show me your Christmas tree!  (Read 17333 times)
Tags for this thread: christmas_tree  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

amc-

Sometimes, I colour outside the lines on purpose.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: December 09, 2009 07:18:28 AM »

So, here's a place you to show off your beautiful Christmas tree.

Here's mine. The boyfriend and I decided to use blue and silver as our colour scheme.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009 10:10:48 AM by the craftster admin (leah) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm so crafty I make people. Lily-Ann was born February 23, 2012.
Baby #2 is due November 27, 2013.
Silvana

Leaving the world more beautiful than I found it.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009 09:16:16 AM »

This is ours.  My tree is usually brighter colors [think teal and hot pink] but I had to adjust this year to not clash with our rentals fleshy pink walls haha.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

cherry_blossom55
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009 09:19:05 AM »

I'll play this game! Here is my tree! (lights both off and on, had to close the curtain for the second one) It's less than 4 feet tall since I live with my fiance in an apartment, so it is sitting on a Christmas-fabric covered box, and my "theme" is called "ornaments I have collected since childhood or was given to me when I moved out" lol, aka I do not have a theme. I do not like a themed tree in my house, I like a nostalgic tree. You probably can't tell, but there are a lot of plastic painted sesame street ornaments my mom and I made when I was 4, and along the bottom there are three low-hanging ornaments that spin when the lights are on. My grandma gave me those. Also there is a white yarn angel in the front that looks like a ghost, but I made it when i was 7 or 8, so I still like it. Cheesy

PS if you can see a little bit of zebra print poking out from behind the tree, it's the stocking I made for my sister. here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=330472.0
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009 10:40:32 AM by cherry_blossom55 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

WildeHeart2105
McPhd

Aut vincere aut mori

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009 11:20:29 AM »

Awww - you guys are making me regret not putting a tree up this year Sad My fake one was ruined last year and I can't afford a new one...maybe I'll make one somehow and make up some felt ornaments for it this weekend Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Psychology Instructor & Personal Trainer

http://www.EricaDHouse.com
cherry_blossom55
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009 11:48:31 AM »

you could make one of those trees that slots together flat cardboard cutouts? they are simple and I'm sure you can find enough cardboard to do it for free! it will look very "charlie brown christmas" but oh so charming. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gekkogirl
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009 12:16:25 PM »

My husband picked a matt black tree- because "it sucks the light from the room". sigh.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Selnith
Ruler of Geek

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009 01:14:36 PM »

This year's tree, it's plastic Sad but last years live one got dessicated, poor tree, and the plastic one was cheap, going to get a nice one in the sales
so anyhow, theme is gold, was going to be gold and black (i thought it would look swish) but the black decorations just disappeared and you could barely see them so they came off in favour of more gold ones
it needs more tinsel so my boyfriend is going to pick some up tomorrow, but till then it looks ok

My brother gave me this one for my tree last year, it's pretty and it fits the theme so YAY, and it's the first nice decoration of my own, well, i have others that have been gathered over the years, but they're still at my parents', mam won't part with them yet and this is only my second year of having my own tree to decorate. Some day i shall rescue my DisneyLand decorations and my waterford crystal decoration and such like

Pretty sparkly snowflake i was given last year as part of my christmas present from a friend, so it's making it's first appearance on the tree
and a felt robin, also making his first appearance, i bought him in the sales last year as it's my belief that all christmas trees should have at least one robin, mostly as at my parents' house there are 2 oooooold robins (came from dad's parents i think) with actual feathers and wires for feet so they look like real robins perched in your tree, my brother and i got to put one on the tree each, each year
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
QuickFlops
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009 01:46:32 PM »

Count me in!  Cheesy

And my very first ornament. So very 1975!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MaxParadise
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009 01:50:59 PM »

Here's mine!

I've yet to start crackin' on wrapping presents, haha!

Another angle.

Top half. I was going for a candy theme with ginger bread men and lollipops and peppermint candies.

Bottom half. I copyed the usage of white lights and a white garland from my mom since that's what our Xmas trees always had while growing up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And your scared to death that you are never going to come alive.

http://www.pintrest.com/dheartst
lolacat
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009 02:18:45 PM »

here's my tree!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style a Messy Bun with Flowers
How to Tame Summer Frizz
Change Up Your Look with Hair Extensions
How To Get Effortless Beach Wavy Hair
How To Style Your Hair Using A Hair Wand
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...