A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,734
Currently Running With Scissors:
666 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Cats' Pajamas...  (Read 1515 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TheMistressT
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: December 07, 2009 09:39:42 PM »

... and by "cats' pajamas" I mean "my mom's pajamas and The ManFlesh's pajamas." I got the idea to make The ManFlesh footie pajamas for Christmas this year after a conversation we had reminiscing about our footie pajama days.  I got lucky and found a pattern for adult footie pajamas: Kwik Sew 3713 (mens)!  After finding the pattern I decided my mom needed a pair, too (Kwik Sew 3712).  There's quite a bit of difference in the sizing on the patterns and there's quite a bit of difference in the sizing of The ManFlesh and my mom, so I got both, but the only other difference is the side the opening buttons/snaps on.

This time of year it's hard to get good lighting around here with the short days and it's REALLY COLD outside right now and I don't want to wear these outside, so... crappy pictures it is!  Sorry.  I hope to get action shots of these jammies' rightful owners on Christmas.

I'm taller and bigger than my mom, so these will be a bit more roomy on her.  They look okay on me, but are a bit less comfy-cozy than I'd like for such a garment.

There are side-seam pockets which I'm pretty sure Mom won't use and The ManFlesh will.

A close-up of the flannel, the ribbing and the cute snaps! 

I chose green binding because I thought white would get dingy and there wasn't a suitable blue (and it was a 35% off all fabric sale) and I think that the green is probably cuter than either of the others would have been anyway!

And a quick pic of The ManFlesh's which are actually purple-purple polar fleece with black ribbing and purple snaps. Purple is his favorite color and there wasn't a good match to the fleece, so I went with the safety of basic black.

He's taller than I so these are pretty baggy on me.  Also I left the elastic waist out of them, because I think he'll prefer the looser fit.

Both pairs have that no-slip fabric on the bottom of the feet, which are lined with the body fabric.  I only very rarely craft for myself, but I think I'll be making a pair of these for me in January if I can!  Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ninjanator
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009 09:53:56 PM »

these are made of all kinds of win! 'specially that purple one. also, good idea with the non-slip fabric at the bottom. just imagine how fun it'd be to watch someone in a one-piece trying to get up after a slip Tongue (...that didn't come out that sadistic right?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

when I'm wearing my crafty pants: etsy
...when I'm a pack rat: blog
...and when I feel like sharing: tutorials
TheMistressT

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009 09:59:22 PM »

these are made of all kinds of win! 'specially that purple one. also, good idea with the non-slip fabric at the bottom. just imagine how fun it'd be to watch someone in a one-piece trying to get up after a slip Tongue (...that didn't come out that sadistic right?)

Thank you!  They were pretty fun to make, but boy was that polar fleece a bear to deal with in such quantities!  Hoo, boy.  That'd be like watching a beetle that's on it's back!  The pattern called for the non-slip and I think The ManFlesh might be disappointed, because he was remembering fondly sliding on the wood floors with slick-bottomed feet.  Safety first, though. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MrsBowles

More fun, less stuff...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009 10:06:10 PM »

So Precious!
You're really getting into garment sewing now! I can imagine all kinds of ways things could have gone awry with those big pieces. You did a fabulous job!
Be sure you get yours made soon so you and the MF can chase each other around the house and have sliding contests on that hardwood floor! (that's what we used to do  Wink )
Congrats!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheMistressT

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009 10:17:55 PM »

So Precious!
You're really getting into garment sewing now! I can imagine all kinds of ways things could have gone awry with those big pieces. You did a fabulous job!
Be sure you get yours made soon so you and the MF can chase each other around the house and have sliding contests on that hardwood floor! (that's what we used to do  Wink )
Congrats!!

Aw, thanks MrsBowles!  I'm glad I started with the flannel ones, that are also significantly smaller.  As you know, working with most of 4 1/2 yards of polar fleece was kind of a hassle.  I sure hope he likes them as much in practice as he does in theory!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Glenn Beck Talks About Arguing with Idiots
Meet Author Victoria Osteen
Skinned Book Trailer
John Carter Cash Reveals Where He Would Like to Be
Richard Dawkins Talks About The Greatest Show on Earth
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...