A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,386
Currently Running With Scissors:
620 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas gift of music?  (Read 678 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

talena
« on: December 07, 2009 01:35:17 PM »

I've been trying to decide what to do gift wise for my family this Christmas.  I just started playing the harp 4 days ago.  Renting it and lessons are a birthday/Christmas gift from my dad.  Very few others in my family know about it yet.  I've got some Christmas music books on the way to start learning songs.  I want to bring the harp to our family gathering and surprise everyone with it and playing music.  I know my mom and grandmother will love it, but I feel that I should do a little more. 

I'm trying to think of something that little that I can make to go along with it.  I thought about trying to record the songs and make CDs to give out, but I don't know how well I'd be able to record.  Never tried it before.  My skills are also a bit lacking at the moment.  I'm not sure if I'll want the permanent memory of what I sound like now.

Any ideas of other things I could do to supplement the live music?  I'm working with family members from 29-89.  I wouldn't mind baking things like banana nut bread and cookies, but I did that two years ago.  My biggest craft hobbies include everything with fibers from crocheting to weaving to sewing, but I'm open to just about anything.  Or should I just attempt to do the CD?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
liketheplague
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009 12:05:11 AM »

you could have a friend take an artsy looking photo of you with the harp with a digital camera, upload it to your computer and use a program like paint shop pro to edit it, give it an aged look, print it out and either put it on the front of prepacked christmas cards or make your own. along with it you could also give out little goody bags of finger foods or cookies that they can nibble on while you play. you could even put a copy of the cd in with the card so that those who want to remember can keep the memory. you could even make it a tradition.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Amazing Place: Manhattan
How To Take The Best Holiday Family Photo
This Is How to Fake a Before & After Photo
Geographically, There Are No Secrets
Capturing Desert Gold
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Kitchen Dishtowels with Fabric Accents
Tomato/Tomahto
Meatless Monday: Veggie Bolognese Sauce

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...