The title is a quote someone said about it.I was pretty ecstatic with that compliment, though I don't think it really deserved it. Anyway the tree with pink/green was constructed out of wrapping paper, glue, and a tall foam cone. The smaller tree I used scrapbooking paper (I think like two 12X12 sheets) And the snowman is made of two foam balls, ribbon, two pom poms, tissue paper, and then coated with a layer of sparkly glaze. Tray just painted white and fake snow on it.It was actually pretty simple to make.
Red One with Tan Bow
Newest Set (Sorry its a tad blurry)
Here it is(excuse the messy craft table)
How to make the trees!!!! (never have written one of these before so if you have more questions just ask)
1. Get supplies: 1 foam cone(in whatever size you desere) **I recommend the white foam ones, but green will work**, white glue or hot glue if you use the green foam cone, ruler, something to cut with, and wrapping paper or scrapbook paper. The amount of paper demends on how big the cone is, it took me about 4 12X12 sheets of scrapbook paper(2 sheets of each design) to cover this small cone in this how-to.
2.Cut the 12X12 paper in scrips that are 3 inches wide(you can make them less or wider if you like), so they are 3X12 now. *note when you wrap them around the tree you will trim them to smaller sizes but they will remain 3 inches wide*
3.Next wrap the design strip you want to start with around the top of the cone, I would cut off the top of the cone so that is practically flat.
Then cut the strip where it just goes around the top one time, I cut mine a little bigger(better than too short) but the less overlapping the better.
4.Now fringe(you can make them wide or small) the strip you just cut to fit around the top good, but make sure to leave about 1/4 '' at the top so it doesn't rip easy.
5.Take your fringy piece and add glue on the top part (where the slits aren't at) **If you are using white glue** Now if you are using a hot glue gun put the hot glue on the foam and then apply the fring strip to it.
6. Do the same thing with your next different design strip, and then glue it under the other strip you already have on there.
7. Keep going until the tree is finished, alternating back and forth between your different design papers*note you can make it just one design if you want* I push all my strips up so its easier to glue on the next one and it makes it more fluffy at the end.
8. Start at the bottom and fluffy dowwn the strips (so the other side isn't showing)
Here i have already got up about half way up the tree.
9. Cover the top with a piece of leftover paper. Add a ribbon, star or whatever you want on the top. Whala a tree!!
How to Make the Snowman
1.Gather two foam balls, (one slightly bigger than the other) Tissue paper ( I used different hues of blue) Black sharpie/marker for the eyes and mouth, a little orange conbsturction paper, and just some glue. Optionaiol a a small peice of wire to stick the two foam balls together.
2. Tear chunks of tissuepaper and mcollege onto the two two foamballs. Cover completely both of them making sure to do only one thin layer. Wait for it to dry.
Keep doing it layer after layer until you are statisfined on how it loos .
4. Then if you want add a layer of sparlky glaze . Let that dry.
5. Put the two foam balls together either by strong glue or poking a little wire imbetween them and then adding glue around the wire. Let dry until sturdy.
6. When the snow man body is completely dry you can draw on the face with the marker. . Fold the orange paper into a smaill cone and add as the nose.
7.Then with some ribbon make earmuffs and add two pom poms at the end of it. Or you can make a little hat for it.
8. Finally get some ribbon and tie is around the neck and vola a snow man.
Any comments, critiques, or anything else would be greatly appreciated!