A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 298,767
Currently Running With Scissors:
649 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My first dress, but my second article of clothing-more photos added  (Read 1610 times)
Tags for this thread: baby , baby_dress , baby_clothes  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pixidance
« on: December 04, 2009 04:19:11 PM »

Okay, I know it's a terrible photo, but it's the best she was going to give me!  She's not very cooperative sometimes  Roll Eyes  This is my first attempt at baby clothes.  The only other article of clothing I've sewn were a tunic for my son and basic hemming on a recon.  I made the pattern from a similar jumper I had hanging around.  It's made from pinwhale corduroy and a lovely fat quarter I saw at Joanne's.  I got lucky and found some matching ribbon too Smiley  

This was a trial and error process and I definitely learned a few things along the way.  Things like - corduroy leaves small shavings all over after you've used a seam ripper on it 20 times - make sure you sew the lining on rights sides together before you turn - don't forget to finish your seams so that they stay together while your clothing is being worn.  Overall I'm pleased with the outcome.  There's nothing noticeably wrong unless you look really close.

and now, the dress...

Edit*  I added a better photo
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009 08:07:35 AM by pixidance » THIS ROCKS   Logged

claraohara
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009 04:37:58 PM »

Wow! That is so amazingly cute!
Looks so great for your first, I know my first didn't even pass as wearable  Cheesy
(And I think she looks pretty darn cute even with the grumpy face-sometimes when my little girl cries I can't help but laugh at the face she pulls!)
 Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog full of food, fun, photography and every craft I attempt:
Blogginess
Smiley
cjkRAFT
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009 04:38:49 PM »

Awww!! She's adorable!! Oh, and the dress is beautiful!! I love the color! And that ribbon is perfect!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Crafty Shay
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009 05:46:46 PM »

grumpy faced photos are always my fav.. lol. i plan to use all of ours as blackmail when our kids are dating age... *evil laugh*

your dress is absolutely adorable. my first was an eyesore. i tried it on my daughter and it was so tight i had to cut it back off... yea. a complete disaster. she kept saying "ouch mama" when i was putting it on her.. but i thought that was because she was fighting me off... lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TeenyBunny
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009 06:11:04 PM »

This is ADORABLE (dress and baby)!!!! I love the color combination! You did a very fabulous job.

I've learned soooo much through trial and error. You gain a lot of skills you can use for the next time.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Began teaching myself to sew and design in Aug '09...one dress at a time!

12/2009 My Etsy shop is now open!
http://www.TeenyBunny.etsy.com
Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/TeenyBunny
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TeenyBunny
NEW Blog: http://teenybunnyfashion.blogspot.com/
BecMalcomson
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009 11:55:51 PM »

Oh so gorgeous! You obviously have an eye for this, so I hope you keep going with it. The colour combo is gorgeous and so is the mix of materials. You have done soooo well! Great work Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually who are you not to be?

We are all meant to shine.

My Blog - www.playlaughsew.blogspot.com
See Sam on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rockhampton-Australia/See-Sam/116230585077775?ref=sgm
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do an Easy Side Knot
How to Make Short Hair Trends Work for You
Different Ways to Wear Side Swept Bangs
The Perfect Short Cut For Your Face Shape
Dare to Try the ‘Wet-Look’ Effect
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...