A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,169
Currently Running With Scissors:
621 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HOW DID IT GO???? Were crafty gifts received well??  (Read 1008 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: December 25, 2009 10:11:36 PM »

I did not get a chance to see how my neices and nephews liked their gifts because it was chaotic at my parents (a mini family reunion was happening with my aunts/uncles, great uncle, etc) and we could only stay an hour because we had to run around.  I hope they liked them (made mittens, stencilled shirts, and glass tile pendents for the girls).

We had our annual Christmas party a couple of weeks ago (most of us had known each other since childhood or highschool).  I did a few gag gift stencilled shirts and they got a good reception.  I did a zombie survival kit with a stencilled shirt for my best friend, and a tote to carry his "survival necessities" in and he loved it.  I gave glass tile pendents to all the ladies at the party and the knit bella mittens for my best (guy) friend's mom and my best (girl) friend and they appeared to like them.  Everyone who has a tree got a needlefelted snowman ornament.

The neighbours and DH's aunts seemed to love their food baskets - home baked goodies, the neighbours also got poppyseed loaf wreaths (fresh and hot out of the oven!), and some fruit or lavender jelly, pepper jelly, and peach/pepper relish, packaged in stencilled totes, with snowmen ornaments.  It is gratifying to see that they also had the ornaments I had made preceding years on the trees too (those who had trees).  I sent pendents for his aunts too - his one aunt seemed to like things (I was not there - working, and other aunt wasn't there either).

I did some stencilled T's for DH - Two each of William Shatner and Clint Eastwood (Dirty Harry, and the man with no name) -he's a trekkie and Eastwood fan.  He loved them and wore the Dirty Harry one today, and was telling everyone I made it for him.

MIL really loved her snowmen ornaments, and I added them to her gifts.  She was also requesting more of the beaded ornaments I have done in the past.  Also her granddaughter, my other neice, requested my beaded ornaments for her home tree too since they had none.  Her mom - DH's sister, seemed to like her mittens - and they both (MIL and SIL) got a knit gnome that I made and they both seemed to like them too - they did not realise that I had knit them myself.  They really did look cute with their toque covered heads poking out of the stencilled bags I had them in too.

So overall, pretty good reception!

Now the question is what to make for next year??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
3Gs4Me
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009 07:00:28 AM »

I gifted very little this year that was hand made because a.) the food co-op I run had its ordering and distribution right before Christmas and b.) I made 14 costumes for our churches Christmas play.

The things I did gift went over well.  My kids adore their owl ornaments and love the reverse applique technique I used on some RTW shirts.  The candy and cookies that I make yearly are always received well also.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soulmate to T and mama to 3 G's.  Avid sewer, crafter, gardener, and all around creative being!
Crying Goddess
Rocking CraftAngel

Every girl is her own goddess

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009 11:31:50 AM »

Well my boyfriend loved his Ipod case. Although the gift giving was a little awkward because one of my friends and his ex was hanging over us....But he liked it Smiley
My computer class got my homemade cereal bars. They were a huge hit Cheesy including someone asking for the recipe
And my family loved my ornaments Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quote from: kjlutz
Craftster: Lovingly Breaking up Families in the name of Craft since Challenge 50

Please vote for my Redstone torch for challenge 96:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431999.0#axzz2vJFPpJwN
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Hand Puppet With Socks
How to Make Shadow Puppets With Your Hand
How to Create a Giraffe Sock Puppet
How to Create a Puppet Theater
How to Create a Monkey Puppet
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...