A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 299,187
Currently Running With Scissors:
665 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What are you working on?  (Read 10928 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: July 07, 2010 03:41:24 PM »

http://www.quiltville.com/striptwist.shtml

This is the project I am starting! I already got some of the fabrics chosen for it too!

ooh that looks neat! It made me a little dizzy though lol. What colors are you going with?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
Marmish

Quincy the Pug

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #111 on: July 07, 2010 05:36:33 PM »

This is the project I am starting! I already got some of the fabrics chosen for it too!
That's a great pattern!  I can see using lots of scraps for one of those.  Are you using scraps or starting fresh?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Luckylilcraftergal

Wishing the snow would melt already.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #112 on: July 07, 2010 08:39:20 PM »

That's a great pattern!  I can see using lots of scraps for one of those.  Are you using scraps or starting fresh?

I got too much fabric to start out fresh! lol Im using fabric I already got before I buy any more lol  and so far I have earthly colors.  Tan, peach, pink, and I also have some blues, and greens.  Its going to be an interesting blanket to say the least!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The answer to everything, is 42. 

I welcome personal swaps! Feel free to PM me if you're interested!
jennsa75
« Reply #113 on: July 10, 2010 07:37:42 PM »

I'm working on quilting my Falling Leaves quilt. It is a nine patch variation. Mostly boring, but with a little pizzaz with the autumn leaves and the herky jerky applique. I can't post a picture of it here since I'm so new, but you can see it on my blog if you are interested. ETA: now, I can post a pic. Here it is:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010 12:08:24 PM by jennsa75 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in small, inexpensive personal swaps? PM me
sapphireluna
« Reply #114 on: July 20, 2010 07:43:41 AM »

Grin...this is why i love quilts & quilters....nobody else understands why i have 57 projects- in various stages- and a stash of fabric that is threatening to take over my sewing room & books-OMG!
as we speak i am working on
 1) a wall hanging--coffee cup applique- that i hope i can sell...if it does watch out...they are too easy.
2) strips cut out for a triple irish chain
3) a small triple irish chain that i started years ago & can't seem to finish
4)a victorian crazy quilt that has gotten totally out of hand---i do the needle work on it in the winter cuz it's too hot for summer
5)a cotton crazy quilt that i am doing entirely on the machine and also hope to sell
6) approx. 7 quilt tops that i haven't even touched in over a year
7) 4 different projects that have been cut out & stashed in plastic containers with their instructions----cuz by the time i unearth them i will have forgotten what they are suppose to be...lol!!!

i quilt off & on during the day & alot of hand work in the evening while i'm parked in front of the t.v.  the old man is cool with it all..he never questions why i have so many things going at once & doesn't come in my room & ask dumbass questions like "what are you going to do with all this crap?"....i think i'll keep this one!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

`*`*`my soul is fed by needle & thread`*`*`
     `*`*`follow the yellow quilt road`*`*`
Marmish

Quincy the Pug

« Reply #115 on: July 20, 2010 10:31:38 AM »

I just ordered all the Kona for a baby quilt due this fall.  I'm also chain piecing flying geese using a Christmas jelly roll.  I'm almost done with the geese!  Only a small stack left.  This has been my in between other things project when I need something mindless to do.  Next mindless project is going to be a 4 patch of plaids and solids, I think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sloth003
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: July 21, 2010 08:42:47 AM »

i have a  flannel plaid strip quilt destined to be sandwiched and quilted by days end.

i have to bind my raw edge circle swap quilt.

i have to make two weird sized bed quilts for a friends cottage and the pattern she has chosen isnt going to make it easy to satisfy

maybe if i get to the goodwill this week i will finish my 'garden' quilt.  i have a top done that i hope to sandwich with one of those old heavy wool blanket and back with a rubber coated canvas. it is going to be heavy as hell but will make an excellent ground cover for dragon boat festivals.

i dont have much on the go right now.  i am feeling kinda uninspired. maybe i should whack out a few 'i spy' type baby blankets from my pre cut stash to feel productive.
i'm sure this slump will pass.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
amalgam
« Reply #117 on: July 24, 2010 06:43:03 PM »

I have a baby quilt going that should have been done last year (the baby will be 2 in December. Tongue) I'm making a rag quilt that will go in my living room that I want to have done before I visit some friends out of town in late August. And just today, I was going through this trash bag of fabric that was given to me that had ORIGINAL SHE-RA FABRIC FROM 1983!! Shocked I have a friend who would just pass out if she saw this, so I was thinking about making a quilt out of it for her birthday. I just don't know what pattern would work for it. It's novelty fabric and the She-ra characters are about 4 inches tall. Plus...I'm kinda...scared to cut it. Undecided I only have about a yard of it. I could just give her the fabric as is and she would be happy. Decisions, decisions...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Linnybelle
« Reply #118 on: July 24, 2010 06:58:00 PM »

My project list keeps updating itself.  I'm almost done with my cousin's wedding quilt.  She and her husband eloped to Jamaica and I couldn't make myself finish the first one I started.  It was too boring, so I switched to make a new one.  That one's working quite nicely, I just have to finish up the top, tie it, and send it to Florida.  I'm using the 9 patch split pattern from Quiltville.

I also might have a commission for two quilts from a lady at work.  She wants two quilts made from her kids' old clothes, but she hasn't gotten back to me about the pricing yet. 

I also have my music quilt from the last Lap Quilt Swap to finish up.  It just needs the backing done and quilting.  It should be pretty fast to finish up.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
Marmish

Quincy the Pug

« Reply #119 on: July 24, 2010 07:04:20 PM »

All my Kona arrived, so I can start that baby quilt soon.  The grandma is embroidering a top and I may be sandwiching and quilting that for them also.  All my geese are done and I have started piecing the blocks.  It looks awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Tie Dye Baby Clothes with Vegetable Dye
How to Apply Colours To Silk Scarf
How to Decorate a Glass Vase
How to Do Decorative Glass Bottles
How to Decorate Suncatchers
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...